PDA

View Full Version : M&P 9c ammo tolerance?

Drew78
12-18-09, 18:41
Hey gents...

I am a Glock 9mm guy for sure. Mostly 19 and 26 to be exact-but I have decided to take the plunge on a 9c for a number of reasons.
Is the 9c is ammo tolerant as the 9mm Glocks? My main concern is their reliability with 147 gr Rangers and HST's.

Has any pattern appeared with certain types and/or weights in the 9c that are issues?

Thanks in advance guys!

-Drew

virtualpm
12-18-09, 23:06
I've had my 9c for about a year now, and have put over 2500 rounds through it without a single failure. I've shot everything from Wolf to WWB to Remington UMC and even Fiocchi FMJs, Magtech FMJs and HPs, and all the premium HPs including Winchester Rangers Talons (127 +P+ and 147), Speer 124 and 147gr Gold Dots, Federal 147gr Tactical HSTs and Remington 124gr Golden Sabers.

As for accuracy, it's been good enough to earn my NRA Distinguished Expert qualification using Georgia Arms "Canned Heat" 124gr FMJs. Mine definitely has a bias against any of the 115gr rounds I've tried - larger group sizes overall, and consistently throws flyers; functions perfectly, just not as accurate. No significant difference between the 124s and 147s standard or +P. The 127 +P+ Ranger Talons are also a bit erratic accuracy-wise out of the short barrel, but seem to fly true from the full size M&P.

Shoot it up!

- Scott

Drew78
12-18-09, 23:12
Awsome feedback-thanks for your reply!

-drew

mrbfromd
12-18-09, 23:19
The 9c is a great gun I have a little over 2000 rounds through mine and the only problems I have had was when I was shooting some 22 year old mil surplus ammo I got for cheap the other day, and those problems were because of the ammo.

civilian
12-18-09, 23:34
Have a full size 9 and I've been having some hellacious failure to feed issues using American Eagle 115gr fmj. Only other ammo I have in the house is 1k rounds of Wolf I got for free, so haven't tried anything else yet to rule out the ammo being the problem. Only other thing I can think of is the attachment of a TLR-1 on the gun, which is how I run all of my guns. Again, just my experience with a M&P 9 with only 430 rounds through it to date. Not enough to arrive at a conclusion yet, but something to think about.

RogerinTPA
12-19-09, 08:54
I've had my 9c for a while now and around 4500+ rounds, mostly Wolf, and only cleaned it at the 3000 round count, without a single malfunction due to the weapon. I have used various other ammo, but use ones designed for short barrels for CCW, so I don't lose any velocity.