PDA

View Full Version : Rock River Arms BCG

pat701
12-19-09, 18:57
Is there a reason that Rock River doesn't properly stake their BCG?

MarshallDodge
12-19-09, 19:05
It's takes more time so by not staking, it saves money.

Out of curiosity, I was looking at one at the gunshop recently and it was staked.

pat701
12-19-09, 19:23
I bought a Danial Defence BCG to put in my RRA NM. I just looked at my RRA BCG and yes it is staked but the dents aren't very deep or very large next to the bolts. Would that concidered proper staking? I an a neebie. I am just trying to learn my way around the AR-15.

C4IGrant
12-19-09, 19:35
Is there a reason that Rock River doesn't properly stake their BCG?

Yes.

1. Don't care
2. Don't know
3. Don't have the right tool to do it

C4

steve-oh
12-20-09, 03:19
Joe AR15 hobby shooter doesn't care about gas key staking. Not that proper staking isn't essential.

geminidglocker
12-20-09, 03:29
I bought an Armalite once that was'nt staked. I sold it to a friend, but can't convince him to let me stake it now that I know how.

eternal24k
12-20-09, 08:37
my RRA auto carrier is one of the best staked carriers i have

Brother Rat
12-20-09, 09:01
The one I have and others I've inspected were staked, but ever so lightly. It's not going to become an issue for 95% of AR buyers...

rob_s
12-20-09, 09:19
I'd sure love to see some pictures of these allegedly well-staked RRA keys/screws.

Since the beginning of The Chart, this has been one of the mostly hotly contested topics on the internet because it's seen as being "subjective. Almost without fail, those that have claimed to have properly staked keys from lesser makers have either vanished into thin air when asked to produce photographs, posted yeti-pictures (so blurry they could be of anything), or had to eat crow after posting once they are educated as to what proper staking is and they acknowledge that theirs is lacking.

5pins
12-20-09, 12:36
If someone gets a properly staked RRA BCG it’s because the retailer took the time to stake it before selling it. All the ones I have seen were woefully under staked. Which begs the question. If they are not going to properly stake it in first place then why bother?

kwelz
12-20-09, 12:46
Hey! I had a RRA carrier that was perfectly staked.

After I did it myself.

rockm4
12-20-09, 17:08
I bought a Danial Defence BCG to put in my RRA NM. I just looked at my RRA BCG and yes it is staked but the dents aren't very deep or very large next to the bolts. Would that concidered proper staking? I an a neebie. I am just trying to learn my way around the AR-15.

What's a (neebie)????:o

eng208
12-20-09, 19:50
My neighbor recently bought a Stag 7 in 6.8 SPC. I pulled the BCG out to stake it for him and I was surprised. It was already staked properly. Anybody else seen that Stag finally started doing it right?

Roklok
12-21-09, 07:59
Not on the Stag Model 1 that I bought 2 months ago. Had to stake it myself with the MOACKS.

C4IGrant
12-21-09, 08:37
my RRA auto carrier is one of the best staked carriers i have

If your other BCG's are DPMS, Oly and some gun show "special" that doesn't suprise me.

C4

C4IGrant
12-21-09, 08:37
The one I have and others I've inspected were staked, but ever so lightly. It's not going to become an issue for 95% of AR buyers...

You are probably right as most people don't actually shoot/train with their AR's. :rolleyes:

C4

Keith E.
12-21-09, 12:15
Friend of mine had an RRA loosen to the point of not functioning w/i the 1st 60 rds.
It was properly staked after he installed new screws.

Keith

Mung
12-21-09, 14:19
I'd sure love to see some pictures of these allegedly well-staked RRA keys/screws.

Since the beginning of The Chart, this has been one of the mostly hotly contested topics on the internet because it's seen as being "subjective. Almost without fail, those that have claimed to have properly staked keys from lesser makers have either vanished into thin air when asked to produce photographs, posted yeti-pictures (so blurry they could be of anything), or had to eat crow after posting once they are educated as to what proper staking is and they acknowledge that theirs is lacking.

Wish I could post pics, but since I only have the net at my office I can't. Mine is fine. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference between my 4 Noveske BCG, 2 BCM, 2 Larue and one RRA. Mine was an LEO only model though, so that might have something to do with it.

ST911
12-21-09, 14:34
Mine was an LEO only model though, so that might have something to do with it.

In my experience, it doesn't. Staking has been consistently bad in a number of RRA LE guns, including select-fires.