PDA

View Full Version : IWB 1911 mag carrier?

Bantee
12-19-09, 23:42
Could anyone direct me to a kydex IWB mag carrier, for 1911 mags that will fit a 1 3/4 Wilderness Ins. Belt? As always you guys rock! thanks for the help.

macman37
12-20-09, 11:15
Out of curiosity, why does it have to be IWB?

I know it's personal preference but even though I carry the gun IWB, I've always carried spares outside.

If it's a standard 1911, the mags are super flat, and I have enough in my pants (with the gun) anyway. ;)

YammyMonkey
12-20-09, 16:31
Personally, I would avoid the IWB mag carriers. The OWB versions usually conceal just as well & are considerably more comfortable. Even the Raven OWBs that have quite a bit of material below the belt line will go unnoticed. They pull the mags in nice & tight too. I'm also a fan of 2 singles as opposed to one double carrier- much more comfortable as they allow the belt to flex between the carriers & conform to the body.

You can get the IWB mounts for the Raven carriers if you want to try it both ways.

Hunter Rose
12-20-09, 22:18
Like everything else it depends. I do the IWB with a Raven concealment mag pouch for an HK USP compact. Works great and for me is very comfortable. Don't even notice it being there. Pesronally, I think carrying anything IWB and having it be comfortable means you have to be in shape with no love handles or spare tire.

For 1911's I use the TT Gunleather IWB Double pouch WITHOUT the sweat shield. Works great and is even more comfortable than the kydex.

Bantee
12-20-09, 22:25
Hey guys thanks for the responses. was gonna go IWB to minimize any external bulk. I know 1911's mags have a very thin profile,unfortunately so do I, as in 5'5 135 lbs. Just thought IWB mag pouches might be something to look into.