PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Reviews?

Sparky5019
12-21-09, 07:15
Do we have any ammo review threads? Everyone has their own preferences but should there be a sticky in here for them.

Just a thought.

Sparky

rjacobs
12-21-09, 09:54
Check out the terminal ballistics section for all the info you need on specific rounds.

Sparky5019
12-22-09, 14:20
I looked there. I mean general reviews of performance and manufacturing quality for available ammo like Centurion, D.R.S., etc.

I've seen some somewhere...I'll keep searching.

Sparky

Sparky5019
12-22-09, 17:08
Sorry,

I was meaning 5.56 ammo! There is excellent ammo out there that is not "mainstream" (I have noticed some elitism of several of the AR forums around and have also noticed some cheapism as well). My meaning was that there are plenty of choices and opinions from the experienced souls with plenty of common sense on this forum would be useful to myself as well as others.

Thanks, will keep digging; let y'all know what I find if the info is solid!

Sparky

Sparky5019
12-23-09, 07:09
I was thinking of the ones that I named above mainly; usually more of the surplus U.S. Military stuff.

Sparky

rmecapn
12-30-09, 09:44
I looked there. I mean general reviews of performance and manufacturing quality for available ammo like Centurion, D.R.S., etc.

I've seen some somewhere...I'll keep searching.

Sparky

The ammo thread over at TOS is quite extensive and has the data you are looking for on the brands you listed.

Agfadoc
12-31-09, 23:55
Here is a link to the AR15.com site that has a pretty good performance review of some ammos...

Ammunition Review (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=406468)

Go down the first ten posts..