PDA

View Full Version : This is why I like Texas....

Belmont31R
12-21-09, 13:50
We have a decent selection of candidates this next election. A few conservatives running that sound promising, and our current Governor Rick Perry is a LaRue Tactical fan...:cool:

Here is the one I will support for now: http://a.www.medinafortexas.com/commonSense.php#governmentRole

Resisting a tyrannical fedgov starts at the lowest level and works its way up. Having a strong state is a good thing which means having a governor with the cajones to stand up for their state, and protect their citizens as much as they can. Allow their economies to flourish. Funny the states with the lowest unemployment right now are mostly in the mid west. All the big union liberal states are generally the highest, and the worst off fiscally. I believe TX is running somewhere around 11B "rainy day" fund right now.

My congressman is also John Carter who shares about 95% of my beliefs. I will be definately voting for him every chance I get. http://carter.house.gov/index.html

So make sure you are out there paying attention to who is running even if the election sounds "dumb". Little elections can have big consequences even if its just the local judge or sheriff. Vote for someone that will protect our values and rights.

Shadow1198
12-21-09, 18:05
An interesting thing to note, Debra Medina actually attended an open carry BBQ put on by a guy over on Opencarry.org I believe (think that's the website). I thought that was pretty neat.

SeriousStudent
12-21-09, 18:36
Did she bring her BBQ gun? We are big on that down here in Texas. :D

tinman44
12-21-09, 18:45
makes me want to move to texas for sure

SeriousStudent
12-21-09, 19:47
We have plenty of room, head on over. ;)

SWATcop556
12-21-09, 22:09
Ah the Lone Star State. I love it here!!

Outlander Systems
12-22-09, 08:39
I always swore the only place I'd leave Georgia for would be to go back to Texas.

That being said, the Representative from my district is nothing short of awesome:

During the 2006 legislative session, Ed was appointed as the Chairman of the House Study Committee on Biological Privacy. Given the rapid advance of technologies allowing governments and private entities to physically monitor private citizens, this Committee brought together a panel of nationally recognized experts to discuss the public policy implications of these technologies over the next 20 years and make recommendations for action by the General Assembly.

Out of this committee came two significant pieces of ongoing legislation aimed at preserving the basic Constitutional rights of Georgia citizens: HB-276 (2007) the Biological Information Protection Act and HB-38 (2009) the Microchip Consent Act. These bills are consistent with efforts in other forward-thinking states aimed at preventing governments and private entities from requiring employees to be implanted with microchips, submit to involuntary genetic testing or to provide sensitive fingerprint information to gain access to public places.

Additionally, Ed played an active role in the passage of HB-577 (2005), a bill protecting personal privacy by removing the requirement for law-abiding citizens to provide an electronic fingerprint to receive a Georgia driver’s license.

Two other dudes are working on another positive piece of legislation for the state: The Constitutional Tender Act:

"A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Title 7 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to banking and finance, so as provide a short title; to provide legislative findings; to define certain terms; to require any bank or lending institution serving as a depository for the state or any department or agency of the state to offer and to accept gold and silver coin for deposit; to amend Title 50 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to state government, so as to provide legislative findings; to define certain terms; to require the exclusive use of gold and silver coin as tender in payment of debts by or to the state; to provide for related matters; to provide an effective date; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes."

arbninftry
12-22-09, 08:58
Texas is great, just stay away from two bastard areas of liberalcy, Houston and El Paso (where I live). Everywhere else is great, but these two cities cater to the ILLEGALs. Hell there is even a shadow government set up here, called the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and Latino City Government. It is ridiculous.

sabretom
12-22-09, 09:34
Texas huh?

Then you'll enjoy this: ROLL TIDE

Get used to it.

ForTehNguyen
12-22-09, 13:04
Texas is great, just stay away from two bastard areas of liberalcy, Houston and El Paso (where I live). Everywhere else is great, but these two cities cater to the ILLEGALs. Hell there is even a shadow government set up here, called the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and Latino City Government. It is ridiculous.

Austin is worse for liberalness

Alex V
12-22-09, 14:21
Damn I hate New Jersey...

I keep jokeing about moving to TX... Maybe I should...

dutch308
12-22-09, 17:14
Texas! It's a whole Nuther Country!!!

Longhorn
12-22-09, 18:47
New TX transplant myself...

All the reasons above, plus a ton of other factors made me move away from East NC.

One of Harris Counties Finest :D:cool:

rjacobs
12-22-09, 21:02
I miss almost everything about Austin every day that I live in St. Louis. I dont miss the 3 months of 100+ degree days with no rain this past summer. However, everything else about Austin and Texas in general I miss.

Agile53
12-22-09, 21:22
Longhorn what kind of Chief you 'reckon the new mayor will apoint?
Was thinking maybe a cross gender to sorta complete the transition?
Sorry brother, couldn't help it, that crap thankfully doesn't exist up here in ETX ............
yet.

13F3OL7
12-22-09, 22:02
Texas is great and I'll visit family there every now and then, but I have no plans to move back any time soon. I've had enough sand and heat between growing up there and three deployments to Iraq. Strangely enough I prefer the subzero winters in Alaska. They keep most of the idiot tourists away for most of the year.

Longhorn
12-23-09, 18:04
Longhorn what kind of Chief you 'reckon the new mayor will apoint?
Was thinking maybe a cross gender to sorta complete the transition?
Sorry brother, couldn't help it, that crap thankfully doesn't exist up here in ETX ............
yet.

I was only here for like a week before Ms. Mayor was elected lol.

Personally, I don't know enough about her or the other local politics yet to have an opinion. I realize it's Christmas so there seems to be 5x the amount of traffic now, but I'm spending more time trying to learn my way around and handle my business at the Academy (and trying to keep an ear open for when a HCSO's next Deputy Academy is going to start...) vs learning the politics just yet....that'll come once my gf gets out here early next year! :D

texasrangers
12-24-09, 04:53
Medina for governor!

I hope that Hutchinson and Perry pull votes away from one another and Medina comes out on top. It could happen, that is, if the powers that be let it happen.

Artos
12-24-09, 15:15
Texas huh?

Then you'll enjoy this: ROLL TIDE

Get used to it.

I think it's gonna be a good one...;)

You guys don't forget the rio grande valley!! It's almost like living in the U.S.:D:D