PDA

View Full Version : Question about installing a Magpul AFG

frogger
12-22-09, 02:03
I have a set of MOE Handguards on the way and might be adding an AFG to it. Does anyone know what length rail I would need to attach it? I like the aluminum rails from MI, but the longest they have is 10 slots. The Ergo polymer rail is available in a 14 slot. Do I need that long of a rail? I haven't been able to find any dimensions on the AFG.

SWATcop556
12-22-09, 09:25
From what info I've been able to come up with you should be GTG with the 10 slot.

SPDGG
12-22-09, 13:18
I dont have pics at the moment, but have a Magpul AFG mounted on a 4" piece of Pict. Rail.

Things are a bit hectic with the holidays. Will post a review shortly.

Merry Christmas

chenzzo
12-22-09, 13:51
I've also attached mine to a 4" rail. Feels nice and solid.

kwrangln
12-22-09, 19:50
You guys that have mounted it on a 4" rail, are you using Moe handguards or some type of floater tube? Just curious since I have a Troy TRX-E tube and wonder how it would match up to the radius of the thin tube. Comfortable or no?

Thanks.

chenzzo
12-22-09, 20:05
MOE handguard for me. With a 4" UMP rail from Ergo.

JackOSU
12-23-09, 00:02
You guys that have mounted it on a 4" rail, are you using Moe handguards or some type of floater tube? Just curious since I have a Troy TRX-E tube and wonder how it would match up to the radius of the thin tube. Comfortable or no?

Thanks.

A buddy of mine was doing T&E on one and passed it around on our normal Monday training nights. Another of us has the 13.2 TRX and it looked about as wide as the rail itself and should be pretty solid and comfortable. YMMV.

SPDGG
12-23-09, 00:21

Thanks. I'll be posting some pics shortly ;)

Go4broke
12-23-09, 00:53
MOE handguard for me. With a 4" UMP rail from Ergo.

This is all you need . :D