PDA

View Full Version : Need assitance in DD rail selection...

Moose-Knuckle
12-22-09, 10:18
I currently have a Colt with carbine length gas system, standard FSB, and a Troy MRF-C. When I installed the Troy rail I had to remove the Delta Ring and applicable hardware. Which of the DD rails can I "plug and play" without having to remove the barrel from my upper?

Thank you in advance...

crossgun
12-22-09, 11:25
I am pretty sure your only option was the Omega if you didn't want to remove your barrel however since you already removed the delta ring you might just be screwed.

At this point I believe you will have to remove the barrel so it looks like you can choose which ever rail you would like.

bkb0000
12-22-09, 11:37
crossgun is correct- if you want a DD rail, you're out of options. the Omega doesn't require a delta ring, as it clamps to the barrel nut itself, but you'd have an exposed barrel nut and attachment point.. which is no-go.

removing the barrel isn't that bad.. you just need an armorer's tool, 3/32nds punch, and a receiver block. and a hammer and bench vice, which you assuredly already have. gonna cost you about $65 in tools, if you already have the hammer and vice, and probably a half an hour out of an evening.

then you can chose from not only all of DD's lines, but Larue and SWS and all the others... really opens up your options.