PDA

View Full Version : 1911 Front sight white circle-where??

Pappabear
12-22-09, 13:13
I bought a 10-8 rear the other day for my 1911. It has not arrived, and I want a front sight with the bright white circle. I have the 3 dot with bright white circle on another gun and really find them helpful for my old eyes. My gun now has regular Trij. front night sight however in the day, I cant see it clearly. Better than my rear ones though.

Does anyone know where I can order a single front sight with the bright white circle. The one a like is a Trijicon. Did not see on their sight where I could get it. Sent them info request but have yet to hear back. Maybe another supplier will have their fronts with white circles.

Mr. Smith
12-22-09, 13:30
We can help you if you would like.

John_Wayne777
12-22-09, 13:40
If your front sight is dovetailed into the slide there are a number of options from manufacturers like Novak, Trijicon, Warren Tactical, Ameriglo, etc. You can try installing them yourself or you can have a competent smith do the job if you don't trust your own work.

If you have a front sight that's not dovetailed into the slide, you are going to want to find a good 1911 smith to help you decide what sight to buy and to arrange for installation.

Dave Berryhill
12-22-09, 15:47
Trijicon only puts a white ring on sights that are plain (non-serrated). The white ring is just paint that is added after the tritium lamp is glued into the sight. The white paint would get into the serrations, which is why it is only offered on plain sights.

As John Wayne said, there are a number of options available depending upon the make of your pistol and/or the type of sight cut that you have.

ShipWreck
12-22-09, 21:04
I prefer the Champion brand tritium sights - they have the Novak cut, but the white rings around the tritium are much bigger.

Ed Brown and some other semi custom makers use this brand.

I have a good photo on my work computer - I'll post it tomorrow.

ShipWreck
12-23-09, 09:52
here:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/IMGP21501.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/IMGP21512.jpg