PDA

View Full Version : Sabre Defense or LMT?

DocHolliday01
03-16-07, 12:52
i was just wondering what your opinions are of the 2. i was leaning towards the SD but looking at Grants website i noticed that i can get an LMT with rail for about the price of the SD. just curious as to how good the LMT is. thanks

C4IGrant
03-16-07, 13:24
i was just wondering what your opinions are of the 2. i was leaning towards the SD but looking at Grants website i noticed that i can get an LMT with rail for about the price of the SD. just curious as to how good the LMT is. thanks

Both are first rate. Both follow the TDP very closely and do just about everything right IMHO.

C4

UVvis
03-16-07, 13:49
I really like that Sabre puts a lot number stamp on their barrels. I have to wonder if this is part of their ISO certification and product QC tracking.

Both are good though, from the very limited number I have played with.

AR-15A3
03-16-07, 18:55
I've got a 16" LMT Defender 2000 carbine for about two years now and no problems so far.

Both LMT and Sabre are using Mil-spec barrel materials, proper M4 feedramps and other Mil-spec materials and manufacturing process plus both companies are current military contractors.

The only minor feature I don't like about my LMT and it's the same as Sabre is that the FSB pins are not Mil-spec tapered pins, it's not a big deal but I would like it to be the same as my other two Colts.

I never heard any bad complaints about the two companies in most other sites that I usually visit, mostly I hear good reviews about them both from their owners.

I'm looking at the Sabre 20" Gov't profile A4 upper and probably going to get it for my A4 clone build after I finish my current SPR project.

DocHolliday01
03-18-07, 14:11
well i ordered my SD lower yesterday from Grant. im still waiting to see if my funds will permit an SD upper as well, otherwise im going with an LMT upper. anyways thanks for the replies to this pst and thanks to Grant for being so helpfull. i cant wait to get my first "terrorist rifle" put together.:D