PDA

View Full Version : Advise on first AR

scottj
12-23-09, 09:55
I am new to this site but have found a lot of great information, maybe too much information which is why I am having a hard time deciding on one AR.
I am looking to purchase my first AR in the next 30 days. Based on the Chart and my own ideas of what I want, I would like any input on the following rifles. My budget is $1500.

LMT SPM16 basic carbine. Local shop has one for $1099
LMT CQB MRP Defender Model 16. Clyde Armory for $1495
Daniel Defense M4 or M4v2. (I like the rail over the xv). Clyde Armory $1399
BCM Mid-length 16" from G&R Tactical would add DD 9" omega rail $1408.

I am leaning toward the BCM because I like the mid-length and a lot of folks on this site really seem to like BCM. The one draw back is seeing one before ordering over the internet. I don't believe any local shops have a BCM rilfe to look at.

The LMT rifles come with S/A BCG.

I find that I have one or two things about each rifle that makes my decision more difficult. Like rear site, grip, stock, bcg, or even cost. Each rifle has things l like and some I would swap out.

Thanks for any input.

Outlander Systems
12-23-09, 09:58
I am leaning toward the BCM because I like the mid-length and a lot of folks on this site really seem to like BCM.

This. My next AR will, without any doubt whatsoever, be a Middy. Most likely a BCM.

fdxpilot
12-23-09, 10:16
I am new to this site but have found a lot of great information, maybe too much information which is why I am having a hard time deciding on one AR.
I am looking to purchase my first AR in the next 30 days. Based on the Chart and my own ideas of what I want, I would like any input on the following rifles. My budget is $1500.

LMT SPM16 basic carbine. Local shop has one for $1099
LMT CQB MRP Defender Model 16. Clyde Armory for $1495
Daniel Defense M4 or M4v2. (I like the rail over the xv). Clyde Armory $1399
BCM Mid-length 16" from G&R Tactical would add DD 9" omega rail $1408.

I am leaning toward the BCM because I like the mid-length and a lot of folks on this site really seem to like BCM. The one draw back is seeing one before ordering over the internet. I don't believe any local shops have a BCM rilfe to look at.

The LMT rifles come with S/A BCG.

I find that I have one or two things about each rifle that makes my decision more difficult. Like rear site, grip, stock, bcg, or even cost. Each rifle has things l like and some I would swap out.

Thanks for any input.

I personally would go with the BCM, but then, I already have an LMT Basic model, to which I have added a bunch of stuff. The price on the LMT Basic is a good deal. Unless the CQB MRP or DD M4 is equipped just the way you want, IMHO you're better off getting a basic rifle and adding the accessories you really want. If they have the stuff you want already installed, good deal.
The BCM with DD rails is right in line with that thought of basic rifle with "your" accessories. While I currently have a Maqgpul MOE handguard, the DD Omega would be my choice for a railed handguard.

Caeser25
12-23-09, 17:13
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=43362