PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion, what is the best TV series ever created?

Pages : 1 [2]

Diamondback
03-12-19, 02:05
I miss the Gunny's two, Lock 'n' Load and Mail Call... back when "History" Channel was really about History rather than UFO Ice Road Alien Pawn. Wild West Tech was kinda cool, too... hell with it, just dial the Wayback Machine on my Dish back 10-20 years.

Oh, and Mythbusters. "When in doubt... C4."

Firefly
03-12-19, 08:29
I just watched for the redhead girl who shot stuff

Averageman
03-30-19, 08:33
Cheaters just had an episode with a guy and the crew going in to a Hotel room to find this guy's Fiancee.
They found all 240 lbs of her, hand cuffed to a bed buck naked with a ski mask on. All hell broke loose.
Now that's some "Must See TV." right there.

Anyone buying an engagement ring should be required to watch six episodes.

turnburglar
03-30-19, 12:47
I just discovered Trailer Park Boys.

Makes me proud of my Northern descent.

SteyrAUG
08-28-21, 01:14
The Wire is the one show that I think is the best ever, but it's not my favorite. My favorite show of all time is Miami Vice. I was just a kid in the 80's but once a week, whatever night it was on, I was glued to the TV. I remember the feeling of sadness watching the final credits start to play on the series finale.

Some honorable mentions in no particular order:
The Shield
Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Justified
Sons of Anarchy
The Sopranos
Dexter
Strike Back
Magnum PI

The Wire, that one blew me away. At every level of that show, I knew "that guy" in my personal interaction with law enforcement. Much as I loved Miami Vice, I didn't know real life examples of any of them even if some of the story lines were pulled from actual events. But The Wire, I knew somebody exactly like everyone on that show almost without exception.

lowprone
08-28-21, 09:36
Baywatch

WillBrink
08-28-21, 09:46
I could limit that per genre maybe, but not possible for me to answer OP Q.

SteveS
08-28-21, 12:27
Sea Hunt and Silent service.

Pi3
08-28-21, 17:10
The Wire, that one blew me away. At every level of that show, I knew "that guy" in my personal interaction with law enforcement. Much as I loved Miami Vice, I didn't know real life examples of any of them even if some of the story lines were pulled from actual events. But The Wire, I knew somebody exactly like everyone on that show almost without exception.

My sense, the Wire was probably the most realistic show of its type. Written by a police reporter & a homicide detective who lived through a lot of it.

Striker6
08-28-21, 18:35
MASH
Magnum PI
Wonder Years

Buncheong
08-31-21, 02:42
WKRP in Cincinnati

Averageman
08-31-21, 03:05
Hands down "The Soprano's"

skatz11
08-31-21, 07:12
This is my Mt Rushmore of TV shows.

The Sopranos
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Seinfeld

There are a lot more shows I e really enjoyed but these are the ones that changed the game or set the bar for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

utahjeepr
08-31-21, 07:22
Meh, I'm not all that attached to TV shows.

When I was a kid it was more so, but now? Not so much. Things I've really liked in the past: Hill Street Blues, Cheyenne, Rat Patrol, ...

The only TV series I own on disc is Firefly. I ain't gonna claim it's culturally important. I just like to throw it in and watch it from time to time.

HCrum87hc
08-31-21, 08:21
I'll throw out an unconventional option: The Chosen. It's an ongoing, crowd funded series about Christ and the disciples. Don't expect the usual cheesy Christian production. This is the real deal and is marvelously done.

Some of my favorites:
Bosch
Peaky Blinders
Band of Brothers
Longmire
Justified
Southland
Jericho
True Detective

Apparently I need to watch The Wire

NickySantoro
08-31-21, 08:27
Toss up between The Sopranos and Downton Abbey

SteyrAUG
08-31-21, 17:58
Hands down "The Soprano's"

I'd agree if not for the season finale.

Straight Shooter
08-31-21, 18:09
MY opinion...the last rendition of BattleStar Gallactica was superb. Had some draggy points at times, but most series will from time to time.
Others I personally used to like before I all but quit Hollywood are:
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead {first 4 seasons only, not watched since}
Peaky Blinders
Hill Street Blues
Might be one or two more I dont remember.

SteyrAUG
08-31-21, 19:54
[QUOTE=Straight Shooter;2974475]MY opinion...the last rendition of BattleStar Gallactica was superb. Had some draggy points at times, but most series will from time to time.
/QUOTE]

The first few seasons yes, but then they started making it about the Iraq war. And they got sloppy, Starbuck is dead but now Starbuck is alive and we don't know why and it's never really explained.

But there was a third "Blood and Chrome" and it was brilliant, I only wish they finished it.

joedirt199
09-02-21, 08:32
Rewatching "The Boys" on amazon. This will be my 3rd time through. Really opens up the realities of the super hero franchise if they were real today. You can't watch a marvel or dc movie again without judging how it would really happen. Got to gear up for a 3rd season that hopefully will be coming out soon. Little gory at times but really sucks you in to the characters.

joedirt199
09-02-21, 20:46
"What we do in the shadows" on FX is pretty good. Old timely vampires living in modern times. Full of good humor. You will love Colin Robinson, the energy vampire.

jsbhike
09-26-21, 20:57
Larry, Darryl, and Darryl highlights popped up on YouTube today. I had just about forgot Newhart and how funny it was.

Averageman
09-26-21, 21:05
X Files.

Vegas
09-26-21, 21:14
Fawlty Towers!