PDA

View Full Version : Colt LE6933 Uppers ( Peel or Crush Washer ) (Halo Suppressor Question

glock281
12-24-09, 16:03
I have x2 LE6933s on the way.
I have x1 Halo on the way

Gemtech states to use a Peel washer on the Flash hider.

So my question is do the LE6933s come with a peel washer or crush washer installed from the factory (would be great if it was a peel)

I watched a video at brownells on installing the flash hider and they stated most all Mil-Spec uppers come with peel washers so I'm hoping I'm good.

Anyone help me out with this?

VLODPG
12-24-09, 16:40
All the new Colt LE guns that I have seen in the past year all have crush washers.

They are cheaper & less time consuming to install.

To be honest with you I think it has benn a number of years since Colt used peel washers.

Be shure that you use peel washers if thats what they are telling you to use.

I think you can get them from Bushmaster cheaper if you just need one or two but Brownells has them in 5 packs

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=334/Product/AR_15_M16_LOCK___PEEL_WASHER

twodollarbill
12-27-09, 21:20
All my Colts came with crush washers.
You will need to use a peel washer with your Halo.
The Halo's rear mount locks behind the Flash Hider and a crush washer is too thick and gets in the way.
Also a peel washer will make sure that your FH is straight and inline with your barrel.

QuietShootr
12-27-09, 21:23
They aren't kidding when they say to use a peel washer. A crush washer won't crush evenly, and it will likely not allow the can to mount properly.

Also - I had to mill the slot in my HALO mount a little wider to accommodate an LMT 10.5" barrel. It was fractionally too large for the HALO nut to slip over the OD of the barrel. They may have fixed this.