PDA

View Full Version : Pope gets Bum Rushed choo choo ca chu

VooDoo6Actual
12-24-09, 23:59
choo choo ca chu

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/ga.-woman-sees-pope-getting-knocked-down-122409

Outlander Systems
12-25-09, 09:27
This is why god gave us frangible ammunition. As well, he provided CS gas and ASPs, for "heat and beat".

loupav
12-25-09, 13:09
Kinda makes me wonder what kind of weapons the security/body guards for the pope carry.

Berettas probably?

Anyone know for sure?

The Dumb Gun Collector
12-25-09, 13:38
I think Glocks. I remember reading it somewhere. I think GG is a devout Catholic.

I thought that one security guard was pretty fast. He should get extra blessings.

CarlosDJackal
12-25-09, 15:58
...I thought that one security guard was pretty fast. He should get extra blessings.

Unfortunately, he was a half-step behind. Glad to see the Pope is okay.

VooDoo6Actual
12-25-09, 16:52
Swiss Guard will have egg on their face for that one....

Rider79
12-25-09, 19:43
It's a sign of the end times.

Or something like that.

kwelz
12-25-09, 21:49
The Popes guards were not armed at the time. When out and about they do indeed carry sidearms, however when in mass they are prohibited from carrying firearms.

However from what I have heard they are some scary MoFos.

SWATcop556
12-25-09, 21:49
Same lady did the same thing last year but was stopped just short of contact with the Pope. Not sure what the vetting process is to get in but I think it needs to be upgraded. Of course if people can crash the White House, why not mass with the Pope. :rolleyes:

The security carries Glocks with special serial numbers. Not sure if they are the 9mm or the .380 models. I'll do some digging and see if I can find the report where the info came from.

SWATcop556
12-25-09, 21:50
The Popes guards were not armed at the time. When out and about they do indeed carry sidearms, however when in mass they are prohibited from carrying firearms.

However from what I have heard they are some scary MoFos.

1st rule in a gunfight, have a gun! :eek:

kwelz
12-25-09, 21:54
Keep in mind that this is not government security. While some precautions are taken, the pope will never be isolated like we see most politicians isolated. He is supposed to be accessible to his flock. It isn't necessarily them saying "god will protect me" but more "This is my duty and I will not let the chance of harm stop me"

For all the things I have to say against religion, I respect the man and his willingness to stay close to the people.

SWATcop556
12-25-09, 21:55
Keep in mind that this is not government security. While some precautions are taken, the pope will never be isolated like we see most politicians isolated. He is supposed to be accessible to his flock. It isn't necessarily them saying "god will protect me" but more "This is my duty and I will not let the chance of harm stop me"

For all the things I have to say against religion, I respect the man and his willingness to stay close to the people.

Agreed. My wife is Catholic and I can understand this point of view.

But there is a reason he rides around in a bullet-proof golf cart..............

ra2bach
12-26-09, 06:58
choo choo ca chu

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/ga.-woman-sees-pope-getting-knocked-down-122409

what does choo choo ca chu mean?

VooDoo6Actual
12-26-09, 08:13
I'm referring to the mindset of the assaulter and the apparantly growing craze of people not knowing how to comport themselves in public.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34588269/ns/world_news-world_faith

"The incident in St. Peter's Basilica raised fresh questions about security for the pontiff, however, after officials said the woman involved had jumped the barrier at the 2008 Midnight Mass in a failed bid to get to the pope. She even wore the same red-hooded sweat shirt."

Somebody screwed the pooch on their sector or no advance team / CS w/ tiers / layers inside the rope line to identify or looking for this same individual w/ Red Hooded Sweatshirt ?

Bottom line, this is HUGE cause for concern.

ST911
12-26-09, 10:57
But there is a reason he rides around in a bullet-proof golf cart..............

The "Popemobile." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popemobile