PDA

View Full Version : Salvation Army major shot dead

Buckaroo
12-25-09, 01:01
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/25/arkansas.salvation.army.slaying/index.html

Salvation Army major shot dead

A Salvation Army major was shot dead in front of his three children on Christmas Eve in North Little Rock, Arkansas, authorities said.

Maj. Philip Wise, 40, was gunned down Thursday. He was found lying by the back entrance of a Salvation Army facility, said police spokesman Sgt. Terry Kuykendall.

Wise apparently dropped two bell ringers off at home and returned to the Salvation Army building with his three children, ages 4, 6 and 8. Two men carrying handguns approached them and demanded money before shooting Wise, Kuykendall said.

The suspects fled on foot.

Police received a 911 call at 4:17 p.m. Pulaski County Coroner Garland Camper said Wise's wife, Cindy, made the call from inside the building.

"My heart goes our for the family, losing their dad, and I guess having to witness it during this time of year," Camper told CNN affiliate KARK. "It's definitely going to be hard on the kids."

Wise had been active in the Salvation Army for 16 years and was assigned to the Baring Cross neighborhood of North Little Rock for the past three years.

Area Commander Maj. Harvey Johnson said the Salvation Army will hold a news conference on Christmas Day.

"We would hope that whoever the perpetrators are would step forward," he said.

The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. It is perhaps best known for its donation centers and bell ringers who collect money for the needy during the holiday season.

Wickedness never ceases to amaze me. I am speechless.

Prayers for his family and associates, may he rest in peace.

Buckaroo

Bantee
12-25-09, 01:09
It's unfortunate that lunatics don't take the holidays off, let this be a stark reminder to us all, THEY DON'T! Stay warm, stay safe, & have a Merry Christmas all.

13F3OL7
12-25-09, 01:28
May God grant his family comfort and peace during the tragedy. And may the murderers meet the local law enforcement really quick.

bkb0000
12-25-09, 02:33
It's unfortunate that lunatics don't take the holidays off, let this be a stark reminder to us all, THEY DON'T! Stay warm, stay safe, & have a Merry Christmas all.

a family member noticed my CCW when i reached to grab something today.. he said, "it's ****ing christmas, dude- don't you ever take a break from that bullshit?"

no.

ChicagoTex
12-25-09, 05:12
I actually UPPED my armament for today and intend to do so tomorrow.

Any cop can tell you things actually get WORSE on/around Christmas.

Buckaroo
12-25-09, 06:46
a family member noticed my CCW when i reached to grab something today.. he said, "it's ****ing christmas, dude- don't you ever take a break from that bullshit?"

no.

Yup, I had to change holsters last night for the church service as the pants I wore were not IWB friendly.

BGs (evil) never rest.

I cannot fathom what those children are going through and how their lives will be impacted.

I cannot put my sorrow into words.... I pray their faith will endure as I know God's love will never fail.

Buckaroo

ukhayes
12-25-09, 09:29

no.

I always reply to this mentality,"Your attitude is what allowed 9/11 to happen". They usually shut-up if they have a brain.

Irish
12-25-09, 10:51

no.

You should've asked him the same thing about his inappropriate language on Jesus' birthday ;)

John_Wayne777
12-25-09, 11:43
Wise apparently dropped two bell ringers off at home and returned to the Salvation Army building with his three children, ages 4, 6 and 8. Two men carrying handguns approached them and demanded money before shooting Wise, Kuykendall said.

...which is yet another illustration of something I've said many times:

Where normal people see charity, bad guys see a target.

"Who would rob a Salvation Army?" those two assholes and millions more like them...that's who.

Indeed. Where love and charity abound, scumbags on the prowl doth more abound. I spend most of my time out and about during the holidays with my hand on my backup gun.

kwelz
12-25-09, 12:33

THIS!
I moved up to my G23 and have a backup on me as well this time a year.

Even thought of moving to the M&P

RPD03
12-25-09, 12:39
[QUOTE=John_Wayne777;524918]...which is yet another illustration of something I've said many times:

Where normal people see charity, bad guys see a target.

QUOTE]

I've also said this to my in-laws, they just don't get it.

Predator's never take a day off, stay safe. Our prayers are with the major's family.

SteyrAUG
12-25-09, 15:00
Here is wishing a violent and painful death on those who did this. Hopefully long and hopefully soon.

ST911
12-25-09, 15:08
There is a special place in hell for people who do things like that.

The SA does good things. We have a rule in our house that we never pass a kettle without dropping something in.

JackOSU
12-25-09, 17:30

no.

That's kind of ironic that you say that. During Thanksgiving my cousin was giving me a hard time for even carrying inside grandma's house all day long. He said then, "So...you think we're going to be the ones robbing you here today I see. At least you could have put it up in the cubbard or away somewhere". I told him that was asinine and I wasn't worried about my family more about the idiots that are free to walk around each and every day. He said, "You and your dad...I just don't get it". I said, "Oh I know...it's pretty obvious you don't get a lot of things especially since your sister has two young boys and what would happen if they found it somewhere and shot themselves? How responsible would that be just to put my firearm somewhere when it's on my hip it's perfectly safe and of no concern."

Fast forward to Christmas. I was wearing my RCS IWB with x300 and when I bent over to pick up a present. I think he noticed the grip printing under my fleece a little bit. I turn around and smiled thinking nice thoughts in my head since it was Christmas and all.

It's pretty weird that my cousin who was raised on our family farm right across the street from my grandparent's would be such a ****ing bitch about a pistol. Especially growing up in a rural area in Indiana. I think he's spent way too much time in INDY with some of the libtards running around downtown there.

photosniper
12-27-09, 18:23
Christmas morning brought police cars racing down our quiet little street with lights and sirens when some scumbag committed armed robbery at the convenience store down the road. Evil doesn't take a break on Christmas, Easter or any other holiday.
Prayers to the SA major and his family.

Hersh
12-28-09, 15:27
Yeah that's a miserable, shithole of a neighborhood where the poor guy was killed.

ZDL
12-28-09, 15:35