PDA

View Full Version : SKD Tactical...

Col_Crocs
12-25-09, 19:27
Any experience with them? Are they GTG?

CLHC
12-25-09, 19:29
In this forum section? Okay. . .

Anyhou, they are really GOOD TO GO! No problems here and I shall be purchasing from them again.

Enjoy! :cool:

tiger seven
12-25-09, 19:30
Excellent company, great customer service, great selection, fair prices and fast shipping. Probably placed a dozen orders in the past couple of years and they've all been 100% trouble-free. Highly recommended!

Derek

Col_Crocs
12-25-09, 19:31
Thanks guys!

GMZ
12-25-09, 19:31
Yes they are GTG, I ordered from them many times and will continue to do so.

ST911
12-25-09, 19:39
Excellent luck with SKD.

militarymoron
12-25-09, 22:03
good to go.

zchen
12-25-09, 22:25
4 orders without any problems

DrMark
12-25-09, 22:40
I've placed only one order with them, but the experience was excellent.

:)

hossb7
12-26-09, 00:28
Got my Eagle chest rig from them and I'd definately go through them again for more purchases.

GLB
12-26-09, 00:45
Good to go

Shark
12-26-09, 01:22
Good service and delivery times.

Treehopr
12-26-09, 07:48
SKD Tactical is good to go! Bonus is that their online ordering system only shows what's in stock.

Voodoochild
12-26-09, 08:22
Allow me to dogpile on this one and say that SKD is excellent to deal with. Never had any problems at all and I like the way they do business.

VLODPG
12-26-09, 10:18
GTG,

Just got my Vltor VIS from them, best price over all retailers that notified me of their in stock status & beat them in shipping cost & notification of delivery!

Joe is as good a guy as you'll ever deal with on the internet. I am still pissed that he moved his operation from Highland Falls NY (less than 50 minutes from my house) to Missouri but that's my issue.;)

That was a bummer,
I enjoyed my 1st & only trip to the Highland Falls shop for ARF Day.

I spend a fortune there & got a great deals. Also won hundreds in prizes.

rubberneck
12-26-09, 10:19
Joe is as good a guy as you'll ever deal with on the internet. I am still pissed that he moved his operation from Highland Falls NY (less than 50 minutes from my house) to Missouri but that's my issue.;)

Raven_Thunder
12-26-09, 11:45
Good product selection at some decent prices. Shipping is cheap and fast. They are my go-to source for tactical gear.

Gutshot John
12-26-09, 11:53
NEVER ONCE had a problem.

Whenever looking for gear they are the first place I go.

Falboy
12-26-09, 12:31
SKD is great! Their exclusives are well thought out improvements on original designs. I've order multiple times and never a problem, save for one. I ordered a Bush Boar in 7.62, the backpanel was sized for AK, not .308(have both cals.). They worked with Esstac got me the .308 panel and let me keep the AK one, no charge at all. Had replacement panel direct from Esstac in less than a week. SKD is the first place I check for any of my gear needs.:cool:

Camerin
12-26-09, 15:00
Ordered from them many times all with positive results. One of the best features is they constantly update their site with whats "instock" so you woulnt run into any problems when you go to order and they shoot you back an email saying that what you ordered is out of stock.

JimT
12-27-09, 02:57
SKD is good to go. I ordered an ESSTAC M4-triple wedge mag pouch from them on 12/23 and it arrived this afternoon (12/26). Now my chest rig is squared away in case I need it for class first week of January!

nickdrak
12-27-09, 04:01
SKD is one of the best. They have a super fast shipping dept. Great selection of gear, etc. Buy from SKD with confidence.

ToddG
12-27-09, 08:31
This is how SKD handles customers:

I ordered six kydex magazine pouches directly from Ready Tactical. My card was charged but I never received the pouches even after months of trying to contact the manufacturer.

SKD became the exclusive distributor for Ready Tactical a few months later. SKD Tactical stepped up and delivered the mag pouches even though SKD wasn't paid for them. The owner, Joe, said they'd work things out directly with Ready Tactical.

I consider Joe a good friend and would recommend SKD without hesitation.

BAC
12-27-09, 11:26
'Cause I like to speak well about companies that have treated me well, I like SKD Tactical. Besides the great prices they have excellent customer service and are great to talk to. I've purchased from them several times and they get a thumbs up from me.

-B

Stretz Tactical Inc
12-27-09, 11:43
+ 1 for Joe. My brother and I got to know him from the store in Highland Falls. He treats his repeat customers right. He did a lot of work with the West Point CWT including helping them with their multigun matches. He also worked with local law enforcement on a few things and he keeps up to date on whats going on by training with the prominent instructors.

aflin
12-27-09, 16:07
I have nothing but great things to say about SKD tactical. Incredibly fast shipping, very east to get hold of and fast response time. You will have no worries with this company.

TimW
12-28-09, 11:45
SKD is a competitor of mine. He is one of the 3 competitors to whom I refer customers for things I don't carry or don't have in stock if the customer needs it RFN.

Bpurcg19
12-29-09, 08:38
Joe and SKD are good people.
Always helpful and honest.
Good to go on all counts.
-B

skd_tactical
01-04-10, 20:44
Awwww shucks guys... *blush*

You guys are aight... I take back what I said about some of you... well, ok... MOST of you.
Thanks for the kind words, and come by and say hi at the PIG Pen (http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=145) when you get a chance- thanks!

:D

Jay Cunningham
01-04-10, 21:28
I always had good experiences with SKD.

zushwa
01-06-10, 07:25
Joe built one of my first custom uppers when I was still a .mil. His business is one to model in this industry. Definitely GTG.

Detmongo
01-06-10, 09:07
joe is a good friend and runs a top notch company. he stands behind all his products.:D

Submariner
01-06-10, 17:11
First place I go when looking for Eagle gear.

Well, after looking on EE.:cool:

docsherm
01-11-10, 11:38
I have ordered many items over the years and SKD and Joe have never let me down. They are GTG.

GlockWRX
01-11-10, 12:03
Just received my first order from them last week. Very fast service, like lightning fast. I placed my order and about 2 hours later got the shipment notification. Good prices, too. One of the best things I think is that their system lets you know if they have something in stock.

From now on, they will be the first place I look for gear.

mattjmcd
01-13-10, 11:06
One of the better sites out there, IMO. No issues with them and I have ordered at least 6 or 7 times in the past 2-3 years.

Rob Haught
01-13-10, 12:13
This is how SKD handles customers:

I ordered six kydex magazine pouches directly from Ready Tactical. My card was charged but I never received the pouches even after months of trying to contact the manufacturer.

SKD became the exclusive distributor for Ready Tactical a few months later. SKD Tactical stepped up and delivered the mag pouches even though SKD wasn't paid for them. The owner, Joe, said they'd work things out directly with Ready Tactical.

I consider Joe a good friend and would recommend SKD without hesitation.

Plus 1 for Joe and SKD. Longtime friend and great folks to deal with
Rob

Sierrahotel83
02-10-10, 14:47
I will jump and and add the same... THEY ARE AWESOME!!! I have ordered from them a few times... great... fast... and as was said earlier they send you notification fast... I have just ordered parts from a place that never let me know they recieved the order or shipped it to me til I got the parts... I hate that... So heres to a company that is Awesome...:D

621sig
02-10-10, 15:00
Just ordered from them for the first time and they were amazing. I ordered 4 items just before lunch, it had shipped and i had a tracking number by the end of the day AND even with all the snow in Virginia i received my order within 3 days. Really happy and will definitely order from them again.

PRMAN45ACP
02-10-10, 18:46
SKD one of the best in customer service.

JSantoro
02-11-10, 10:42
I know, subject/object/predicate relationships in English are a stone-cold pain in the ass, aren't they?

piggly_wiggly
02-11-10, 11:08
SKD one of the best in customer service, no ?? ask.:mad:

:confused:
PM sent.

Voodoochild
02-11-10, 16:25
PRMAN45ACP if you have a problem with a manufacturer or dealer then you need to contact them first. Read the rules and abide by them. Contact them first and try and work out the problem if that fails then let us know what is wrong. SKD is good people and very highly respected in the Gun Community.

Again please read the rules and abide by them.

TxSoldier
02-11-10, 21:21
I just placed my first order from SKD. All I can say is awesome. Great prices and great shipping time! Got my package quick!! I'll definitely be doing business with them again for sure!!

Boss Hogg
02-12-10, 12:07
Their Kydex mag pouches rule.

That is all.

FlyAndFight
02-16-10, 15:51

That is all.

Agreed.

Just the right amount of retention, in my opinion.

Sierrahotel83
02-25-10, 15:16
I just ordered from them again. I ordered from them after look all over the place it seemed that everyone was out of what I was looking for, Magpul ASAP and MS2 in FDE they not only had them both in stock but they were about the best price with the least shipping. I hope they are as fast on shipping as they were the last time I ordered... I ordered at 12:30 am and had confirmation that they shipped my items at 12 pm.:D

Iraq Ninja
02-25-10, 16:00

That is all.

I just received some pouch samples from skd for testing and torturing. One of them was the kydex mag pouch. I like it better than the fastmag, and it seems to lock Pmags in very well. If it survives the summer heat over here, I can see it becoming my pouch of choice.

Sierrahotel83
02-28-10, 00:13
These guys are awesome... I ordered on thursday at 12:30 AM and recieved the package by Saturday at 2:00 pm awesome turn around and great shipping rates...:D

DrMark
02-28-10, 10:00

That is all.

All right... I'm a little slow today apparently.

Could you (or someone else) provide a direct link?

JSantoro
02-28-10, 11:55
http://www.skdtac.com/All_Ready_Tactical_s/350.htm

DrMark
02-28-10, 14:18
http://www.skdtac.com/All_Ready_Tactical_s/350.htm
Thanks!

citizensoldier16
10-18-10, 23:48
I placed an order last night with SKD for a chest rig yesterday for a 3-gun match. I received an email this morning (not even 24 hours later) saying that my order had shipped and will arrive tomorrow. :)

All told, I will have the merchandise I ordered in my hand less than 48 hours after I ordered it...all with the standard ground shipping. SKD is definitely doing something right. I will undoubtedly order more items from them in the future!

wolf_walker
10-19-10, 20:36
Not that it needs to be said again, but they really are good at what they do. Shipping is cheap, and fast, the website is clean quick and easy to get around, and the touches of real-person are good to see.
They are one of the first couple places I always check for things.

M855
10-19-10, 23:42
Excellent company.

k9barco
10-20-10, 17:31
Excellent company and they don't sell you stuff that they don't have in stock. I will order from them again in a heartbeat!

GLOCKMASTER
10-20-10, 19:57
SKD is great to deal with. I placed, what I consider a large order, with them last week. The order was received in two days and everything was in order. I will continue to send as much of my business as I can to SKD.

RAMBULM5
10-26-10, 08:15
SKD is a great company to deal with. I ordered a black colored Eagle Shooters Rifle Stock Pack and a black colored Eagle Padded Scope and Crown Cover from them however, they were out of stock of the Shooters Rifle Stock Pack at the time. I was willing to wait until they had them back in stock and requested that my order be held off for shipping until all of the items were available. SKD kept in touch with me via email and telephone on the status of my order throughout the waiting period. During the waiting period, I decided to change my order as I needed another Shooters Rifle Stock Pack in olive drab due to aquiring another rifle. I immediately contacted SKD and asked if I would be able to change my order. I was expected to hear a "sorry sir, we are unable to make changes to an order once it is placed." However, SKD gladly updated my order for 2 of the Shooters Rifle Stock Packs and cancelled my order for the Padded Scope and Crown Cover. They again continued to keep me informed of the status of my order via email and telephone until my items were ready to be shipped to me. I was very impressed with SKD's customer service especially since I live so far away in Maui, Hawaii. I will continue to purchase products from SKD and have since recommended SKD to others in need of gear here in Maui, Hawaii. :D