PDA

View Full Version : For you guys with a BCM lower...

Newaza
12-27-09, 10:12
Do you get any wobble/movement with the stock? I've handled several LMT lowers over the past couple years, and there is absolutely no movement. I was wondering if the BCM lowers are the same.

Spooky130
12-27-09, 11:04
Do you get any wobble/movement with the stock? I've handled several LMT lowers over the past couple years, and there is absolutely no movement. I was wondering if the BCM lowers are the same.

You probably need to be more specific about the stock on the rifle. Some lock up tighter than others...

Spooky

Newaza
12-27-09, 11:23
I've read that the LMTs have absolutely no play whatsoever. And the ones I've handled bear this out. Is this a benefit of the newer style stock? The tube used by LMT? So I'm wondering if the BCM would exhibit the same snug fit/no play that the LMT has.

UVvis
12-27-09, 11:31
The 3-4 LMT lowers I've used were very tight with the M4 stock, at first. Over time they loosened up a bit to what I'd consider normal. I think some of this might be the heavy coating of gray stuff LMT puts on their tubes.

The 4 BCM lowers I have are all what I'd consider normal.

I don't consider this to be an issue that should influence you one way or another.

RancidSumo
12-27-09, 11:42
On mine there is a little bit of play but nothing noticeable while shooting.

Newaza
12-27-09, 12:02
Thanks for the replies, guys. I appreciate it.

STJ
12-27-09, 12:51
LMT's M4 stock have ribs molded into it that help keep it tight. BCMs and most other M4 stocks do not have the ribs.

Newaza
12-27-09, 13:48
Aside from the fact that the BCM lower comes with an H-buffer and the Magpul enhanced trigger guard, would you say that this possibly makes the LMT lower a better unit? I'm on the verge of buying one of these lowers, and the snug LMT stock really appeals to me. Does the BCM lower offer an advantage over the LMT lower? Maybe I'm making more of the snug stock-fit thing than I should.

RancidSumo
12-27-09, 14:08
I don't own an LMT but i don't think you can go wrong either way. I would probably buy whichever I could get the quickest at the best price since I don't believe that there is any difference in quality.

SWATcop556
12-27-09, 14:18
Buy a BCM then put a CTR on it. Then wobble is not an issue.

Don't let stock wobble decide which lower to buy as it's an easy fix. Both are quality lowers and will serve you well.

UVvis
12-27-09, 16:05
Aside from the fact that the BCM lower comes with an H-buffer and the Magpul enhanced trigger guard, would you say that this possibly makes the LMT lower a better unit?

Not in the long run. For me, a stock that has QD sockets, and a buttplate that doesn't slide around is more important than a slightly more solid feeling stock. You will probably want to upgrade at some point.

The bigger plus for me between the two is that most or all of the LMT lower I have came with ergo grips and gappers, which are easy for me to use and shoot with. The MOE trigger guard doesn't fill the gap well for me, and A2 grip on the BCM is small enough that it isn't as user friendly for me. The H buffer is a plus.

I'm on the verge of buying one of these lowers, and the snug LMT stock really appeals to me. Does the BCM lower offer an advantage over the LMT lower? Maybe I'm making more of the snug stock-fit thing than I should.

You probably are making more of an issue out of a snug fitting stock. Look through the AR picture thread and compare the number of aftermarket stocks to standard M4 stocks. Point is you will probably upgrade at some point. For me, the advantage goes to which ever is cheaper, easier to get, local, or whatever. Both are solid products.

Selftest
12-27-09, 21:21
At the end of the day, a lower is pretty much a lower. My BCM has a little stock wobble, but nothing I notice while shooting. I plan on buying a new stock very soon anyway, as most users do. The H buffer is nice, and although some people experience slight discomfort with the trigger guard gap, it has never bothered me. If it bothers you, a gapper is like three dollars at brownells. Problem solved.

While I like the Ergo grip, I prefer the Magpul MIAD with it's interchangeable back and front straps.

Both companies are good to go. It depends on how much these things matter to YOU.

Fire_Medic
12-27-09, 22:34
My BCM lower has Zero wobble with the ACS stock on it now when I engage the friction lock.

Tangotag
12-27-09, 23:17
My BCM lower with BCM (Gen 2) Standard M4 buttstock has very mild wobble.
Same lower with Magpul ACS and friction lock engaged has no wobble.
Same lower with New LMT SOPMOD was extremely tight going on and no wobble.