PDA

View Full Version : Ohio

trappernana
12-27-09, 10:38
Is there anybody out there from North East Ohio?

landrvrnut22
12-27-09, 12:03
I don't know if I should admit it or not, but yes, born and raised just south of Akron, right on the Summit/Stark Co. Border.

Buckaroo
12-27-09, 13:04
This close enough?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mineral+City,+OH+44656&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Mineral+City,+OH&gl=us&ei=6a43S8S2O5D-Nd7k6IQJ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAkQ8gEwAA

Not me but a guy who frequents this site and is a dealer.....

Guess who

Buckaroo

trappernana
12-27-09, 14:21
landrvrnut22 You have nothing to be ashamed of. Sure, maybe some of our sports teams suck and our weather can really blow. Do some research on your paticular area, I bet you'll be suprised. I was. Living in Geauga county I'm proud to say some amazing things have happened here. Anyway,I Glad to hear from another Buckeye. Have a Happy New Year take care of yourself and the ones you love.

landrvrnut22
12-27-09, 17:07
I can't complain, I wouldn't live anywhere else. A couple winning sports teams, and a little less crime would be nice. There is tons of stuff to do and always some type of event. I actually enjoy the weather, especially the winters.

Vash1023
12-27-09, 17:41
im from toledo

jmp45
12-27-09, 17:49
This close enough?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mineral+City,+OH+44656&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Mineral+City,+OH&gl=us&ei=6a43S8S2O5D-Nd7k6IQJ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAkQ8gEwAA

Guess who

Buckaroo

Close to here also...

cop1211
12-27-09, 17:53
Raised in Lorain, my brother is a police officer in Cleveland.

crossgun
12-27-09, 18:48
Akron area for me now but born in Steeler Country!

Alpha Sierra
12-27-09, 20:44
SW, see my location.

lethal dose
12-27-09, 22:07
northeast ohio, here.

getchevyn
12-27-09, 22:15
Southeastern Ohio. Ohio is a friend to firearm rights. Glad I moved here from NYC 30 years ago. The only thing I can't figure out is the 30 rd. limit on anything bigger than a 22LR is consider a dangerous ordinance aka. machine gun. :confused:

Nathan_Bell
12-28-09, 08:30
Provincial oaf from Columbiana County ;)

C4IGrant
12-28-09, 09:27
Is there anybody out there from North East Ohio?

T-County!

C4

trappernana
12-28-09, 12:33
Hi Grant,I'm glad you saw the thread. As for my other Buckeyes, I was wondering where everyone trains? Do you belong to any oranizations?

C4IGrant
12-28-09, 12:45
Hi Grant,I'm glad you saw the thread. As for my other Buckeyes, I was wondering where everyone trains? Do you belong to any oranizations?

Well, have you checked out the regional training section of the forum? We are really trying to get like minded folks together for training.

I generally do most of my training with Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn in either southern Ohio or in VA.

I have my own range that I shoot on (most of the time) or I go to Greenport Tactical Assoc. in Canton.

C4

HwyKnight
12-28-09, 12:50
Central Ohio checking in!!! Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!

landrvrnut22
12-28-09, 12:52
I shoot at Greenport Tactical once a week in the warmer months, although I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Grant. I go to Midwest Firing Line in Canal Fulton once a month in the winter to stay sharp.

DrMark
12-28-09, 12:58
trappernana,

You may wish to update the location section of your profile, so fellow Ohioians (?) can identify you as one of their own!

:)

Guess who
How many guesses will you grant us?

:p

Dtrend75
12-28-09, 21:30
East side of Cleveland here

lethal dose
12-29-09, 01:20
speaking of ohio, can anyone say "whiteout"?

wedgehead30
12-29-09, 01:32
Born and raised in NE Ohio. Yes the Browns suck but our time is coming. No comments from the Steeler fans please.

NE Ohio is actually a pretty good area for shooting. I have The Alliance Rifle Club, Tusco Club, McKinley Club, Mapleton, and my home range Green Port all within a 15 to 45 minute drive. Midwest gun club for indoors shooting. On top of that I'm 1 1/2 hours from Camp Perry. Not to mention numerous other ranges within 3 hours. Add in a gun / fun show damm near every weekend, excellent local dealers and some of the best Smiths in the country. NE Ohio is definitely shooter friendly.

Wedge
:D

trappernana
12-29-09, 10:56
Hi Wedge! Thanks for all the info. I haven't stepped out of my little bubble to investigate many ranges. Our property allows me to shoot 25 yds., safely and I'm working on a 100 yd. range.The physical labor is hard for me so it'll take some time.As far as Ohio being gun friendly,ABSOLUTELY! I live in Geauga county, according to the local class 3 dealer we have one of the fastest return times in the state. Anyway, Happy New Year!!! Take care of yourself and the loved ones around you.:)

huklbrry
12-29-09, 11:04
Macedonia in Summit County now, but moving back out to Geauga County soon. Gotta love the snow belt:rolleyes::D

landrvrnut22
12-29-09, 11:08
Born and raised in NE Ohio. Yes the Browns suck but our time is coming. No comments from the Steeler fans please.

NE Ohio is actually a pretty good area for shooting. I have The Alliance Rifle Club, Tusco Club, McKinley Club, Mapleton, and my home range Green Port all within a 15 to 45 minute drive. Midwest gun club for indoors shooting. On top of that I'm 1 1/2 hours from Camp Perry. Not to mention numerous other ranges within 3 hours. Add in a gun / fun show damm near every weekend, excellent local dealers and some of the best Smiths in the country. NE Ohio is definitely shooter friendly.

Wedge
:D

I have a pretty good suspicion we have met, and I am pretty sure you are the creator of the evil snowmen.

wedgehead30
12-29-09, 19:07
I have a pretty good suspicion we have met, and I am pretty sure you are the creator of the evil snowmen.

"Evil MUTANT Snowmen" that must all die! :D

You have me at a disadvantage sir.

trappernana
12-30-09, 16:52
We must not condem an entire segment of the population because of the actions of a few.............aahh **** It!! Killem and let Allah sort them out!,,, but I still can't understand why good hard working snowmen fell for all that evil propaganda...... My best guess is the their snowballs melted off.:D

landrvrnut22
12-30-09, 17:31
Those mutant snowmen fell to the hands of alot good men women and children all armed with 22's, including me. :D

N4LtRecce
12-30-09, 18:13
I'm in NE ohio as well. Looking to find a new range for the new year, as the previous one in Greenville, PA is kinda far away, and they keep raising their prices.

trappernana
12-31-09, 10:01
Hey N4ltRecce, I don't know where your located but I'm in Troy twnsp.( geauga).You might want to check out Targetthing.com. Hope that helps!!

jasonb
12-31-09, 12:42
Grew up in Olmsted Falls, now I live in Canton.