PDA

View Full Version : Who was Smart Enough to...........

PA PATRIOT
12-27-09, 12:35
Who was Smart Enough to use the Guise of Christmas or Hanuka to make that special little purchases to add a new tool to the gear? I was a GOOD BOY and I really only asked for a Daisey Red Rider 200 shot repeating carbine with a compass in the stock. Well what was waiting under the tree for me????

A Christmas Card with the cash to cover a SIG Sauer 556 Swat Patrol Rifle!

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/Spatrol-rifle-detail.jpg

The wife said it was pay back for all the nice shiny things I have given her over the years. Now she wants my old Bushmaster AR which we have been "Sharing" over the last few years but I have "YET" to tell her that I just happen to put a few Boo-Boo's on it after a fall on some ice. I almost have it rebuilt but I still need a M-4 stock tube and a M-4 removable carry/sight assembly. Can Christmas Gifts be repossessed?

Outlander Systems
12-27-09, 18:28
Pics, or it didn't happen! ;)

Congrats, Santa was good to you.

I did use my Christmas ca$h to score some new guts/pieces/parts for my 1911.

rob_s
12-27-09, 19:37
I got some cash that I was hoping to put towards a .22 S&W M&P, but I dropped my camera and the cash will cover the repairs. :mad:

Fortunately the camera, once returned, will help me earn the cash back to pay for the tripod to keep from dropping it again and pay for the M&P. :D

GMZ
12-27-09, 20:35
No guns for me this time, I decided to strike while the iron was hot (or cheap you could say) and buy an extra set of tires for my truck. Also got some Filson clothing while they had their 20% off sale.

PA PATRIOT
12-28-09, 11:06
Well that didn't last long, my mother suddenly passed and living on a very low fixed income she was not able to arrange for her internment before she passed. While I will be splitting the final costs with my other siblings the cost of the burial will not allow me to pick up the Sig.

00leland00
12-28-09, 21:14
Damn Phila, sorry to hear about your mother. You and yours are in my thoughts.

12-28-09, 21:25
Hate to hear that, Phila. Hope you are OK. My parents are mid-60's, dad in not perfect health, and have begun to try to mentally prepare for his death. Simply not an easy task. You and your mother will be in my prayers.

jaholder
12-28-09, 21:39
My wife bought me a Beretta 92 for my B-Day in September, the first firearm she's ever bought and first one she's ever bought for me in 11 year of marriage.

I did score a mixed bag of 3400 small/large pistol and large rifel primers, though. One of my gun shops I visit out of town put a bunch of his older " move this stuff before 2010" inventory out and I snagged it.

glocktogo
12-28-09, 22:39
Got an end of the year bonus, so after taking care of the wife, I got a BCM Ion-Bonded BCG, a DD Omega 7.0 and a Magpul AFG. My 6933 is VERY happy right now! :)