LegalAlien
12-27-09, 16:55
But the official said the incident was all an incredible coincidence

My ass!!!!

Same flight . . .

Both Nigerians

Both boarded without luggage

Both Muslims . . .

"Ja - vertel my dat perdedrolle is vye" . . . . like we would say back in South Africa.
Or translated - please don't tell me horse droppings are figs :-)

These are all dry runs to test the weak spots in the system. To toss out red herrings and redirect the attention . . . . and then WHAMM!!!

kwelz
12-27-09, 19:18
My ass!!!!

Same flight . . .

How many flights are there from Amsterdam to Detroit? It is a common flight for people?

Both Nigerians

Your point?

Both boarded without luggage

Ok yeah this one seems odd.

Both Muslims . . .

Once again what is your point?

"Ja - vertel my dat perdedrolle is vye" . . . . like we would say back in South Africa.
Or translated - please don't tell me horse droppings are figs :-)

These are all dry runs to test the weak spots in the system. To toss out red herrings and redirect the attention . . . . and then WHAMM!!!

I think we need good security. But not every Muslim on a flight is a terrorist. And jumping to that conclusion every time there is a news story is as bad as the .gov trying to deny it in cases like Ft. Hood.

Business_Casual
12-27-09, 19:28
I think we need good security.

Yes, but what we are doing now is stupid. All it does is allow them to probe our system and find weak spots.

M_P

QuietShootr
12-27-09, 20:01
I think we need good security. But not every Muslim on a flight is a terrorist. And jumping to that conclusion every time there is a news story is as bad as the .gov trying to deny it in cases like Ft. Hood.

One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.

The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.

kwelz
12-27-09, 20:11
YES YES, because it is the nature of every muslin to want to kill everyone else. I realize this is what a portion of the population here believe. I also know that it is misguided.

QuietShootr
12-27-09, 20:25
YES YES, because it is the nature of every muslin to want to kill everyone else. I realize this is what a portion of the population here believe. I also know that it is misguided.

I'm not going to argue with you about this again. I'll be over here ---> and ready to pick up the pieces when the "All Moooslimbs are being unfairly painted with a broad brush! You ignorant, untrusting, uneducated rednecks just don't understand Islam." horseshit brings another few thousand American dead, because that's probably what it will take to kick the "Tolerance" assholes out of positions of responsibility.

kwelz
12-27-09, 20:33
So what is your answer then? Kill them all? Kick all Muslims out of our country and not allow any back in? The irony of this is that the solutions proposed seems to be as bad as the solutions from the left. It is either kill them all or cover our eyes and pretend there is no bad in the world.

As I have stated here before, I know Muslim people. I find their religion no more or less unsettling than I do Christianity. These people are no different than you or I. And you damn well better believe I would stand on their front door ready to stop anyone from doing them harm.

Someone said earlier that the irony of all this is that we are undoing the American way of life just like Terrorists want us to. And this is proof of it. Like it or not, this is a Country founded on the idea that everyone is welcome no matter what your creed. We are not a nation just for Christians or any other religion.

Want to kill terrorist, you have my support. Hell if I could I would stand right there with you. But start going down that slippery slope you seem to like so much, and yeah, I think we have a problem.

Alpha Sierra
12-27-09, 20:38
So what is your answer then? Kill them all? Kick all Muslims out of our country and not allow any back in? The irony of this is that the solutions proposed seems to be as bad as the solutions from the left. It is either kill them all or cover our eyes and pretend there is no bad in the world.

As I have stated here before, I know Muslim people. I find their religion no more or less unsettling than I do Christianity. These people are no different than you or I. And you damn well better believe I would stand on their front door ready to stop anyone from doing them harm.

Someone said earlier that the irony of all this is that we are undoing the American way of life just like Terrorists want us to. And this is proof of it. Like it or not, this is a Country founded on the idea that everyone is welcome no matter what your creed. We are not a nation just for Christians or any other religion.

Want to kill terrorist, you have my support. Hell if I could I would stand right there with you. But start going down that slippery slope you seem to like so much, and yeah, I think we have a problem.

Now we know whose side you are on.

Business_Casual
12-27-09, 20:40
These people are no different than you or I.

Well, with the teeny little difference that none of us are strapping bombs on and boarding flights to Qom...

M_P

parishioner
12-27-09, 20:40
I think Evan Sayet has a good point.

At the airports, in order not to discriminate, we have to intentionally make ourselves stupid. We have to pretend we don't know things we do know, and we have to pretend that the next person who is likely to blow up an airplane is as much the 87-year-old Swedish great-great-grandmother as those four 27-year-old imams newly arrived from Syria screaming "Allahu Akbar!" just before they board the plane. In order to eliminate discrimination, the Modern Liberal has opted to become utterly indiscriminate

kwelz
12-27-09, 20:50
Now we know whose side you are on.

You think because I don't want to blindly hate an entire group of people that I am on the side of terrorists? Funny, I could have sworn that I specifically said I am all for killing the SoBs that do this. I believe that Hasan needs to be strung up in a public spectacle. We know it was terrorism and anyone who denies it is an idiot.

I take offense to the fact you question my loyalty because I actually hold onto the values this country was founded on. And refuse to sacrifice those values just because there is a group of people out there trying to force us to.

Well, with the teeny little difference that none of us are strapping bombs on and boarding flights to Qom...

That is funny. Neither is my neighbor or her family but there are people here who think they are as much of a threat as OBL himself. I said these people in regards to them.

My point is, and always has been, that we need to attack the threats where they are, and not the entire people. Even if it is 60% of Islam that is a problem(Random number I know) that still leaves 40% who do not deserve be be harmed. Yet there are people who seem to think we should just kill them all.

kwelz
12-27-09, 20:52
I think Evan Sayet has a good point.

Actually I think he makes a damn good point. And believe it or not I am all for profiling people. It would be a more effective method, even by itself, than all the BS regulations they have in place now.

Business_Casual
12-27-09, 20:55
You think because I don't want to blindly hate an entire group of people that I am on the side of terrorists? Funny, I could have sworn that I specifically said I am all for killing the SoBs that do this. I believe that Hasan needs to be strung up in a public spectacle. We know it was terrorism and anyone who denies it is an idiot.

I take offense to the fact you question my loyalty because I actually hold onto the values this country was founded on. And refuse to sacrifice those values just because there is a group of people out there trying to force us to.

That is funny. Neither is my neighbor or her family but there are people here who think they are as much of a threat as OBL himself. I said these people in regards to them.

My point is, and always has been, that we need to attack the threats where they are, and not the entire people. Even if it is 60% of Islam that is a problem(Random number I know) that still leaves 40% who do not deserve be be harmed. Yet there are people who seem to think we should just kill them all.

Don't be silly, you can't say you know what "people" here think.

Though, to be sure, I didn't hear the Priest make any hateful remarks at Midnight Mass. But of course it can't be that I misunderstood him, can it? Maybe I was being radicalized and didn't even know it!

M_P

twodollarbill
12-27-09, 20:59
Every news report I saw on this, the officals ended with it will be up to us "passengers" as the final security.
They just want us to do what they legally can't.....profile.

kwelz
12-27-09, 21:01
Alright you are correct. I should not have worded it so assuredly. So set me strait then. Would you see my neighbor and her family as a threat since they are practicing, although not fundamentalist, Muslims?

They just want us to do what they legally can't.....profile.

That is just pathetic. Not that they are asking us to, but that they can not.

QuietShootr
12-27-09, 21:01

http://ostrichdefense.com/images/ostrich-head-in-sand-sign.gif

QuietShootr
12-27-09, 21:04
Alright you are correct. I should not have worded it so assuredly. So set me strait then. Would you see my neighbor and her family as a threat since they are practicing, although not fundamentalist, Muslims?

Yes.

Until I see one of your so-called "good Muslims", the Abdul Soccer Dad that we are so repeatedly assured represents most US muslims, show up at the police station with a wanted jihadi from his mosque hogtied in the bed of his truck, they're all the goddamn enemy.

kwelz
12-27-09, 21:04
Well that just kind of says it all doesn't it.

Blind hatred must be a heavy burden. I am done here.

Business_Casual
12-27-09, 21:07
I should not have worded it so assuredly. So set me strait (sic) then. Would you see my neighbor and her family as a threat since they are practicing, although not fundamentalist, Muslims?

I assume you are asking me? How could I possibly know that? I don't know them or who they are. Don't be silly, I may as well ask a crow how, if my straw man can't possibly be a threat, it can scare him from my corn field. Do think it through first.

M_P

Robb Jensen
12-27-09, 21:11
Yes.

Until I see one of your so-called "good Muslims", the Abdul Soccer Dad that we are so repeatedly assured represents most US muslims, show up at the police station with a wanted jihadi from his mosque hogtied in the bed of his truck, they're all the goddamn enemy.

Yes there are good non U.S.-hating Muslims. You need to drop that shit ASAP.