PDA

View Full Version : Magpul PRS or P.O.F PSS

liftman
12-27-09, 20:23
Building 2 of my first rifles. One of them will be a longer 18"- 20"+ precision gun. So far I've been almost exclusively looking at Magpul's SPR. But I've recently found this http://www.pof-usa.com/slideshow/pss.html in my searching. Now I'm kind of torn. It doesn't look like it is released yet but they do show very detailed pics and perhaps someone has actually seen or fondled this in person. Or just judging by the pics they have up.

I was hoping to get some educated feedback on this stock. Likes, dislikes being that it is new anything will help to make a descision.

liftman
12-27-09, 20:28
Also forgot to add that they have it mounted on their lower, with different lines and profile other than a standard reciver. I'm wondering how the fit will be on the lower that I have, C3 defense billet.

liftman
12-28-09, 19:07
TTT.

Over 100 views and no opinions?

Ash Hess
12-28-09, 22:16
With just being able to look at the POF, I would probably lean toward the Magpul. The placement of the comb looks to be farther forward, Length of Pull is adustable, and the adjustments look easier and more repeatable. Also in the fact the latest PRS has the mount for the monopod. This seems to be a protoype of some sort.
My opinion is to simply go with the stock that is proven right now. In a few months, the POF maybe the way to go.

taliv
12-28-09, 22:23
Over 100 views and no opinions?

oh, i'm sure there have been over 100 opinions formed, but w/o putting your hands on one, what more can you say than, "it looks heavy", "i hope that's not the only finish they have", and "that cheekpiece sucks"?

well, you could say, "the sling attachment options for the PRS suck, but at least it has options"

liftman
12-28-09, 23:03
oh, i'm sure there have been over 100 opinions formed, but w/o putting your hands on one, what more can you say than, "it looks heavy", "i hope that's not the only finish they have", and "that cheekpiece sucks"?

well, you could say, "the sling attachment options for the PRS suck, but at least it has options"

Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for.

I'm new to this as are a lot of other people lurking here, so the opinions of others is very helpfull, even if just judging by pics.

They do have a pic of one in black somewhere on their site.

AEROX711
12-29-09, 06:51
You can do what I (and several other members) have done and purchase the available product. In this case, the Magpul PRS (a very nice piece of kit). Install it, shoot it, and build your own opinion. If you don't like it, you can always sell it on one of these AR forums. People are always in the market for well kept used accessories. I know it isn't the fastest way (or cheapest in the short run) but it allows you, the user, to formulate your personal opinion. I have used gear that people loved and I didn't, and the other way around. Good luck with your decision making.