PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading a full size HK USP45???

BLACK LION
12-28-09, 16:06
I am looking into some enhancements or upgrades for my recently accquired USP 45. It is a full size variant 1 that already has "night sights" and rail adapter. I am looking into some performance enhancements that can be done or a referral to someone who does custom work. I wouldnt mind working the trigger, extending the beavertail and adding some more weight on the fromt end???
I am new to this platform and dont know all the ins and outs yet???

12-28-09, 20:54
BL- PM me and I'll give you the contact info. for an HK armorer that does .mil, .gov work(all the three letter agencies) and is highly sought after. He is in NC just to let you know in case it is a prob. For me, he is the end all when it comes to any HK work be it an MP-5, HK33, etc.

The Dumb Gun Collector
12-28-09, 22:30
I have a lot of experience with the USP platform. I wouldn't fool with it. The gun is what it is: a damn near nuclear bombproof combat pistol. IMHO leave it as it.

Mark71
12-28-09, 22:35
A match trigger with over travel stop would be a nice upgrade. If you want more weight to the front end you can try to find a HK Match Weight. Other than that there isn't much that can or should be done to the USP.

loupav
12-29-09, 09:26
Maybe you can NP3 the mags. Robar will do it for $20/mag and they do make the mags more dust resistant.

Aside from that, I wouldn't do anything else to it. I now keep a USP 45 in my desk and on my night stand, with GG&G rail, X200 and NS it's a great go-to gun.

Enjoy!

BLACK LION
12-29-09, 17:37
Thanks guys...

I would like the tactical 5.09" threaded barrel....if anything else.
I also need to run some kind of decal grip or non-skid grip.
An ambi thumb safety would be nice too.