PDA

View Full Version : Who's selling Under Armour on the cheap? (or cheaper than full retail)

ZDL
12-28-09, 22:52

Leonidas
12-28-09, 22:58
I've been really happy with Patagonia. The R1 Pullover is awesome.

rob_s
12-29-09, 06:31
Dude, if you figure out who's selling that stuff cheap let me know. All I wear is Under Armour drawers and I need a few more pairs but ain't too thrilled with the price. all the alternative brands I've tried have sucked.

sjc3081
12-29-09, 07:38
I really don't like Under Armor, it's whisking ability is substandard as compared to Cabela's MTP Performance Underwear. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0058232981025a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=18&QueryText=MTP+performance+underware&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Go.y=6&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=16&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1
Also after a day a excessive perspiration I stink wearing Under Armor and the Cabela's product for some reason counter acts the stink.

Outlander Systems
12-29-09, 08:25
The best I've yet to find:

http://www.buxr.com/uploads/coupon/25708-Dicks.jpg

Dick's Sporting Goods.

A local LE/Mil supplier here in Georgia, Brigade Quartermasters, is going out of business today. Back in April, my brother went and they were liquidating all their UA inventory. Socks for a buck a pair, fleece for five bucks, undies for five bucks, pullover hoodies for 5 bucks, t-shirts for 2 bucks, thermal/cold-gear shirts for five bucks, etc. etc.

I paid $250 for four tees, four undies, and some socks back in '07. After the recent sale, to say I'd been spoilt is a grotesque understatement.

The downside is I can not find any of their military-colours anymore.

The best deal I've been able to find is Dick's with the coupon.

Outlander Systems
12-29-09, 08:26
All I wear is Under Armour drawers and I need a few more pairs but ain't too thrilled with the price. all the alternative brands I've tried have sucked.

This. I have been ruined for life by UA man-panties.

ST911
12-29-09, 10:26
I really don't like Under Armor, it's whisking ability is substandard as compared to Cabela's MTP Performance Underwear.
Also after a day a excessive perspiration I stink wearing Under Armor and the Cabela's product for some reason counter acts the stink.

Can't speak on the UA boxers. I do wear the MTP thermals in tech and medium weights and I've worn the UAs as well. I didn't find any difference in the performance of the MTPs vs. the UAs and ended up going MTP exclusively.

Scent locking technology on the MTPs works well, except after BBQ or the chinese buffet.

UA doesn't seem to offer anything in a tall size, a big fail for me. Even standard sizes seem to be built for the lower end of each size range. A shame, as I would really like to try the UA "Basemap" coldgear.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-29-09, 12:19
Swamp asses :D

I haven't taken to their underwear, but their t-shirts and polos are the ultimate in fat, sweaty man wear. They work like magic here in Colorado.

I love the UA stuff, their polo shirts are just a step above everyone elses in look and comfort. I do find the Russell stuff to be prety good, though it runs about a half size bigger than than the UA.

UA must have some scary lawyers. I have yet to find a 'sale' on their stuff, outside of closeouts. It seems as cheap to order from them direct, than to find it somewhere else.

bulbvivid
12-29-09, 12:29
They list their closeouts on their Web site: Under Armour Outlet (http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/outlet)

I have an outlet store relatively close by, so I hit it when I'm over that way. Here's a list of Tanger Outlets, just in case you happen to be near one: Tanger Outlet List (http://www.tangeroutlet.com/brands/under-armour-outlet-stores)

Looks like closeouts and outlets are about the only way to get it a little cheaper, but it's still not easy on the wallet.

dookie1481
12-29-09, 12:32
They don't go on sale. I've worked in sporting goods for 6 years and I've never seen UA on sale. They use some sort of price floor not unlike some golf manufacturers. The best you can hope for is to find a coupon in the paper and use it to buy UA (as long as it isn't excluded).

Jay

ZDL
12-29-09, 12:41

Belmont31R
12-29-09, 15:07
Can't speak on the UA boxers. I do wear the MTP thermals in tech and medium weights and I've worn the UAs as well. I didn't find any difference in the performance of the MTPs vs. the UAs and ended up going MTP exclusively.

Scent locking technology on the MTPs works well, except after BBQ or the chinese buffet.

UA doesn't seem to offer anything in a tall size, a big fail for me. Even standard sizes seem to be built for the lower end of each size range. A shame, as I would really like to try the UA "Basemap" coldgear.

Thats actually why I like UA stuff a lot. I wear 35" sleeves on dress shirts, and UA stuff still goes to my wrists just fine.

I usually actually have a hard time finding clothes that fit because most places do sleeve length based on the size (like med, lg, xl, etc), and most medium or large stuff on me leaves the end of the sleeve 2" from my wrists. I cant wear most LS button up shirts because of this. If I find a shirt with long enough sleeves then the body is way too big. Im 6'00'' 185, and UA stuff fits me like a glove.

Their boxers are all Ive worn for the last 4 years. They are extremely comfy, and last a long time. Definately well worth the cost.

sff70
12-29-09, 18:30
The UA boxers are the only ones that I wear, on or off duty.

Usually wear UA loosegear shirts, too.

Love their stuff.

el guapo
12-29-09, 21:38
UA 6" briefs are one of my favorite things. Bought some for a class last summer and have slowly transitioned to them every day. 20 bones a pair hurts but there is no way I could go back.

Doggiecop
12-30-09, 08:31
Have you tried goldman brothers out of Hicksville NY?

Their prices seem good and the shipping is fast and free if the order is free.

Plus they have coupon codes listed for orders at the 100.00, 150.00 and 200.00 increments.

Cold Zero
12-30-09, 20:51
Have you tried goldman brothers out of Hicksville NY?

Their prices seem good and the shipping is fast and free if the order is free.

Plus they have coupon codes listed for orders at the 100.00, 150.00 and 200.00 increments.

Goldman Brothers is a family business who has been there for 40-50 years. They cater to LE, Fire, EMS. A Reputable Co.

Cold Zero
12-30-09, 20:53
They list their closeouts on their Web site: Under Armour Outlet (http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/outlet)

I have an outlet store relatively close by, so I hit it when I'm over that way. Here's a list of Tanger Outlets, just in case you happen to be near one: Tanger Outlet List (http://www.tangeroutlet.com/brands/under-armour-outlet-stores)

Looks like closeouts and outlets are about the only way to get it a little cheaper, but it's still not easy on the wallet.

There is, or at least was also an Outlet in PA. for Under Armor. It may not have been a Tanger though ?

LockenLoad
12-30-09, 20:57
ross, marshalls, both sell UA for under retail, TJ Max too

MIKE G
12-30-09, 21:11

czydj
12-30-09, 21:40
Potomac Field Gear for warm climates or as a very base layer under Smartwool in cold weather. I wore Potomac gear my entire time in Iraq and it was great, also kept the funk way down. As an added advantage they are flame retardant so one less thing to worry about AND they are reasonably priced. All that and it is made in the USA!!!

Check them out: http://www.potomacfieldgear.com/

Needed a Mid Wt long sleeve for winter motorcycle riding here in N. FL, so I ordered one!

dookie1481
12-31-09, 00:46
ross, marshalls, both sell UA for under retail, TJ Max too

Those are defects or seconds, stuff that wouldn't pass QC for major retail chains.

I don't say that to be snobbish; on the contrary, I do a lot of my shopping at those places and rarely find serious defects in the merchandise.

Just saying the reason it's below full retail is that it's defective.

Jay

BradCMSP
12-31-09, 07:12
There is, or at least was also an Outlet in PA. for Under Armor. It may not have been a Tanger though ?

Sure is, in Limerick...

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=75

znztivguy
12-31-09, 08:30
Love their stuff. But the compression shirts make me look like a stuffed hot dog...lol

LockenLoad
12-31-09, 10:45
Those are defects or seconds, stuff that wouldn't pass QC for major retail chains.

I don't say that to be snobbish; on the contrary, I do a lot of my shopping at those places and rarely find serious defects in the merchandise.

Just saying the reason it's below full retail is that it's defective.

Jay

I know and I try to look for the defects and usually can not find them, all the UA underwear I have gotten from the stores mentioned has worn well, I can walk out of Marshalls and spend 100.00 have as much as if I spent 350.00 retail. I will cut some loose threads for 250.00 :p

LockenLoad
12-31-09, 10:46
Love their stuff. But the compression shirts make me look like a stuffed hot dog...lol

I don't have the abs for compression shirts, it's loose gear all the way for me lol

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-31-09, 18:49
What is the difference between the 95poly/5elastane and the 91poly/9elastane material? I know in shirts it makes all the difference. In the boxers, which fabric is heavier?

Wearing one of those compression t-shirts under a long sleeve dress shirt is a weird feeling.

ZDL
01-01-10, 05:59

orionz06
01-01-10, 09:54
UA is the only way I can wear a dress shirt without fear or wet pits, just a fact of life I guess. We have a chain store called Dunhams that generally has UA for a few dollars less than Dicks. To my knowledge, they are not seconds, just priced a hair low.

el guapo
01-11-10, 22:32
Cabelas has the black 6" inseam undies on sale for 12.99. Last batch I ordered came up as a backorder. Not in any big rush for underwear so I ordered anyway.

Ak44
01-11-10, 22:38
I'm still trying to figure out how to add the option of muscles with my orders of the compression shirts....:D

.357sigger
01-12-10, 13:27
Cabelas has the black 6" inseam undies on sale for 12.99. Last batch I ordered came up as a backorder. Not in any big rush for underwear so I ordered anyway.

Thanks for the tip! I just picked up 6 pair :D

clickclack
01-12-10, 13:49

I lol'd

Nevermiss
01-12-10, 14:09
It's hard to find a deal. I've googled this before and haven't found any great bargains.

I wear only their boxer underwear and I like their polos as well. I have bunch of their loose gear for working out. Unfortunately, the fabric will start to fray if it gets snagged on anything and start to look terrible.

A few month ago I picked up an Adidas Clima Cool polo and I really prefer this fabric compared to the UA golf polos (just as breathable/comfortable, but more durable and pretty much equally expensive).

REdTula
01-12-10, 14:49
If you're dead set on UA "material" look at Bass Pro Shops line of "RedHead" in the hunting section. They have the EXACT same material makeup as UA but about half the cost.

If you want a great base layer I'd suggest you check out your local surplus store and find some black "silk weight" top and bottoms. They're made from Polartec Power-Dry. They are by far the best base layer I have ever worn and I've worn quite a few different brands and materials.

poak
01-22-10, 11:36
I backordered some with Cabelas.

Has anybody contacted them on a possible date to expect shipment?