PDA

View Full Version : Quality Gun Shops in NC

Jsaleen
12-29-09, 13:32
I'm going to be starting my first build, and am looking for gun shops in North Carolina that stocks quality lower recievers. I'm looking for something like a LMT, Noveske or maybe Daniel Defense. I know I could get a local dealer to transfer something I order online but would rather look at, and be able to handle something before I commit to buying it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12-30-09, 18:43
Might be easier to just order a quality receiver. I could care less about finish as long as it fctns. Buying quality should ensure a close adherence to the TDP(as close as they can w/o having it unless you buy Colt).

catatonic
12-30-09, 20:11
Western NC, AFAIK you're pretty much out of luck... I've only ordered and done transfers, since I couldn't find anyone that stocks any.

Jsaleen
12-30-09, 20:29
Thanks for the replies, i'm starting to think ordering and transfering may be my best option. But I would be willing to drive to the Fayetteville area if anyone know of any shops around there.

Serpico1985
12-30-09, 21:16
Your pretty much out of luck in the south/central part of the state as well. I live in Charlotte and there is only one store that stocks AR lowers and they are complete tools.

catatonic
12-30-09, 21:34
Thanks for the replies, i'm starting to think ordering and transfering may be my best option. But I would be willing to drive to the Fayetteville area if anyone know of any shops around there.

Call up Grey Group, they should know.

Jsaleen
12-31-09, 11:54

Thats what I was thinking myself, thanks for the help.

GLOCKMASTER
12-31-09, 18:37
If you are driving to the Fayetteville area to look at Grey Group I would also stop by Shooter's Pawn/Supply (http://www.shooters-supply.net/). It's a great place to visit and shop for firearms and accessories.

Jsaleen
12-31-09, 19:58
If you are driving to the Fayetteville area to look at Grey Group I would also stop by Shooter's Pawn/Supply (http://www.shooters-supply.net/). It's a great place to visit and shop for firearms and accessories.

I used to work in the Fayetteville area a couple years back, is Guns Plus still there? has anyone had any experience with them?

abnartyguy
01-17-10, 15:17
In Fayetteville, see John at Shooters. He's either got it, or he can order it for you.:cool:

12glocks
01-17-10, 15:38
I've never scene anything from Noveske or LMT in WNC. There are some Colt AR's at the gun shows. I have scene DD transfered in to On Target in Asheville. On Target is a good place to work with.

Beebo
01-17-10, 15:55
On Target is a good place to work with.

Agreed, they are very nice folks. They had some M&P15-22's very early on. That is where I got mine. Their AR selection does leave a bit to be desired, though. They are super friendly, which makes them a quality gun shop in my opinion.

jp0319
01-17-10, 21:31

The best one in Fayetteville IMHO is Shooters Supply on Bragg Blvd. They have a GREAT staff but their in stock stuff is limited they will however order for you. They are my go to store. But as others have stated you may be better off ordering, I ordered my last lower fro Grant (G&R Tactical) $330 complete BCM lower

catatonic
01-18-10, 15:04
The best one in Fayetteville IMHO is Shooters Supply on Bragg Blvd. They have a GREAT staff but their in stock stuff is limited they will however order for you. They are my go to store. But as others have stated you may be better off ordering, I ordered my last lower fro Grant (G&R Tactical) $330 complete BCM lower

I'm a little far from Fayetteville, but I'll keep it in mind. :D

Watrdawg
08-31-10, 07:26
Guns Plus is still in Fayetteville but prices are high and service is poor. Better of with Shooters Supply.

Jsaleen
08-31-10, 18:39
Guns Plus is still in Fayetteville but prices are high and service is poor. Better of with Shooters Supply.

Thanks for the info, since the original post I ordered a Noveske lower off the internet. But may end up heading to Fayetteville for my next.

garrett686
12-23-10, 15:50

I must disagree, as searching a lot for a great deal in the Moore/Cumberland area Guns Plus gave off a great atmosphere, no pressure, and decent prices on equipment. Very helpful and the staff are all registered and speak highly of these forums. These guys are very knowledgable as well as friendly. Stay away from Ed's in southern pines unless you talk to Ed himself or his son.

rak320
12-27-10, 18:32
I must disagree, as searching a lot for a great deal in the Moore/Cumberland area Guns Plus gave off a great atmosphere, no pressure, and decent prices on equipment. Very helpful and the staff are all registered and speak highly of these forums. These guys are very knowledgable as well as friendly. Stay away from Ed's in southern pines unless you talk to Ed himself or his son.

I went in both Shooters Supply and Guns Plus for the first time today (new to area), I thought the staff at both were great..selection at GP was better, but there prices were a bit high ( $ 1099 for FN SLP mk1 and $ 349 for a MILLET DMS? ??) They both carry some quality stuff...I think I like SS better..I hate when dealers ask too much for stuff....I know they have to make a living but not gouge