PDA

View Full Version : Suppressed CMMG .22 Conv.?

CBTech
12-29-09, 14:54
I have been contemplating on whether to get a suppressor for some time now and decided to pull the trigger before my next deployment. I'd like to get a HALO.

I also have a CMMG .22lr conversion bolt. I haven't shot with this yet but I got it for $190.00 and I was aware they were going for a bit more so I picked it up.
My main question is if I use this kit, can I shoot .22lr suppressed out of a 5.56 suppressor?

Edit: I was worried about shooting .22 out of a caliber specific can because those things are pricey and wanted to take the utmost precaution. I stopped by a Tac shop owned by a friend and he set me straight on the matter. GTG

ekujustice
01-11-10, 20:16
The only thing I would make sure is the bullet is properly stabilized coming out of that barrel. The conversion kits with a std barrel might not be the best for that with their twist rate. All it takes is a baffle strike

Black
01-15-10, 19:05
I'll let you know. I have the CMMG conversion and should be getting my Phantom here in a month.

Black
02-07-10, 14:00
Well, the first 10 rounds fired from my CMMG .22 conversion through my Phantom 5.56 suppressor perfectly, but then my conversion failed to extract rounds. Tried it both with, and without the Phantom, and took the bolt out and manually tried to extract the round - no go. But, to answer your question - it'll be fine, provided your CMMG conversion doesn't crap out on you.

Use Remington SubSonics for best results. And for those of you who are going to tell me that it's the Rem Subs that are failing to extract, I tried other .22LR ammo as well with same results.

MrM4
02-10-10, 21:11
$190 ouch, I use Ceiner kits myself but I find that Rem Gold bullets run well in most kits, I have one that loves Fed Bulk Packs and will do FA mag dumps all day long using them.

DaveC
02-12-10, 18:11
I have used a Gemtech M4-96D with my Spikes conversion. It works, but not as well as any of my 22 caliber cans.

Polymerhead
02-12-10, 19:53
I will definitely try out my SWR Spectre on my SBR as soon as I get it. Good to know they're compatible.

May even try the Aguila SSS rounds through it. Mine is 1:9 so I think it will be a good match.