PDA

View Full Version : hats and apparel

msabo1023
12-29-09, 16:05
Just wondering where everyone gets there hats/caps and apparel for shooting or whatever? like flag hats or hats that accept patches or manufacturer hats/clothing? thanks

JSGlock34
12-29-09, 19:34
I haven't purchased many hats, but I've accumulated a collection of LaRue Tactical hats in just about every color, as LaRue has tossed one in on just about every order I've made.

Sparky5019
12-30-09, 06:19
I had so many from LaRue, I started giving them to friends!!:D:D:D

JC5611
12-30-09, 07:10
http://www.hsgi.us/products.asp?cat=19

Great hats.

Hersh
12-30-09, 18:02
The Bravo flag hats are nice.

Shane1
12-31-09, 13:19
Walmart? You can make your own velcro-front cap out of a plain cheap wally world cap. Get someone to sew some velcro on centered and such then Pop the little crown cap off and your good to go .

Iraq Ninja
12-31-09, 13:34
My A.R.M.S. hat kept getting looser the more I used it. It finally fell off my head.

My LaRue hat has been nice and tight since the first day I wore it.

:)

SeriousStudent
12-31-09, 15:02
My A.R.M.S. hat kept getting looser the more I used it. It finally fell off my head.

My LaRue hat has been nice and tight since the first day I wore it.

:)

Chortle. :D

And if you mail the busted hat to Leander, what do you receive in the return mail?

Ak44
12-31-09, 15:09
I've been wearing Pipe hitters union flexfit flag hat. It has the flag on the front and a skull and crossbones on the back.

RogerinTPA
12-31-09, 17:17
The ones I get free from carbine classes, or from vendors like LaRue or BCM. My "Hooters" ball cap is my favorite. :)

TEXAS_GLOCKER
01-02-10, 20:32
not trying to hijack this tread, just wondering about the pipe hitters union. Is it inteneded for x military ? Is it appropriate for civi with the warrior mindset? Just wondering, thanks.

d90king
01-02-10, 20:43
Grey Group patches and hats or Bravo Co.... Both have links above I believe.;)

sxHarr05
01-05-10, 00:43
The Bravo flag hats are nice.

Very nice, indeed. Wife got me one in foliage green for Christmas. She thought it was a defect because of the "button delete". :p

LA Police Gear also has them in tan, and from time to time sell them for $.99 plus shipping (max two per offer). I've gotten a few and also give them to friends.

Ak44
01-05-10, 02:30
not trying to hijack this tread, just wondering about the pipe hitters union. Is it inteneded for x military ? Is it appropriate for civi with the warrior mindset? Just wondering, thanks.

Just cause your not a Spec Ops guy or whatever doesn't mean you can't wear a hat lol. I like their hats cause they are flexfit.

JSantoro
01-05-10, 09:00

Some folks shoot right past the skull & crossbones and presume that Pipe Hitter means you're some sort of fanatically dedicated pot smoker; I've had it happen, depends on the viewer. Weird, since I figure I look WAYYYY to uptight to be mistaken for a hophead.

Otherwise...it's a hat, and it's a free-market economy. Put on a Frederick Keys hat, nobody is going to automatically tag you as a minor-league baseball player, right?

I've got one of their hats ecause I like flex-fit hats, too, can't find 'em plain, and disdain the idea of supporting the marketing of some douchebag pro sports organization. Haven't yet taken the time to chop off the PHU logo patch, but subdued it with a Sharpie.

TEXAS_GLOCKER
01-05-10, 18:04
Some folks shoot right past the skull & crossbones and presume that Pipe Hitter means you're some sort of fanatically dedicated pot smoker; I've had it happen, depends on the viewer. Weird, since I figure I look WAYYYY to uptight to be mistaken for a hophead.

Otherwise...it's a hat, and it's a free-market economy. Put on a Frederick Keys hat, nobody is going to automatically tag you as a minor-league baseball player, right?

I've got one of their hats ecause I like flex-fit hats, too, can't find 'em plain, and disdain the idea of supporting the marketing of some douchebag pro sports organization. Haven't yet taken the time to chop off the PHU logo patch, but subdued it with a Sharpie.

Im tracking..thanks for the replies. I love flexfit also.

Failure2Stop
01-06-10, 00:41
I really like Crye hats.
They have velcro where I need it, no damn button on the top, and they fit my head perfectly.
Some ass-clown stole my CP Shooter's Cap with "Team America F**k Yeah!" patch, and it is the only piece of clothing that I liked so much that when I find out who did it I will probably challenge him to a duel.

Axes. . .

or maybe flame-throwers. . .

Ak44
01-06-10, 05:01
Haha could you imagine him at the hospital? "Sir how did you get 2nd degree burns?" "uh....I took a guys sweet hat and he challenged me to aflamethrower duel...I lost..."