PDA

View Full Version : SS C Products/ Magpul Followers

QUICK+V
03-19-07, 14:19
11/06 I bought 7 SS mags from Magpul with MAGPUL Marked Followers.
Last week I bought 14 SS mags from 44Mag.com that have UNMARKED grey followers that have significant drag due to a rougher polymer materiel / slightly altered design.

In Fairness I have not shot with these mags , But I want real Magpul followers.

I am being told that magpul gen II followers require modification to work in SS Cproducts 30 rd mags
and this is the reason for these unmarked followers

???????????????.

True / false ????

The magpul followers From the first batch I got from magpul did not look modified in any way.

I am looking to just buy magpul followers and be done with it .But what is this "madification"?

combatvet
03-19-07, 17:01
I would just run the mags sans Magpul followers, it is for the best. With the Magpul followers you play a 50/50 game of chance on whether they will work.

When you use the C Products follower you should be batting 100%. It's not worth my peace of mind to run the Magpul product in a C Products SS mag.

Magpul makes the best product(S) out there IMHO, but not in this one product would I use it.

QUICK+V
03-19-07, 17:24
called C Products, I was told there is "dimensional differences " between the batch of 7 SS mags I got 11/06 and the 14SS mags I just got from 44mag.com, hence the need to use a different follower.

I pulled a magpul follower from the first batch and put it in the new mag...wont work gets wedged in the middle.
I then made some measurements with a vernier caliper...the new mags are wasp waisted ..narrower in the middle also the space inbetween the feed lips is significantly narrower.

the new mag with the new follower is about 5 times as hard to load to 29 rounds as the other mags.
unloading the mag I can tell the new follower is sticking because of the delayed "click"sound the follower makes as it "catches up". also heard rattle of a loose round not under tension inside the loaded mag....

WHY WHEN MAGS ARE OUT OF SPEC , DO THEY GO TO MARKET ANYWAY???????????????????

SuicideHz
03-19-07, 18:08
Because it's C-products.

Haven't you been reading around here on their products lately?

I'm fed up with them myself- for mags I haven't even gotten yet.

C4IGrant
03-19-07, 18:37
Orig. CProducts used a follower that was licensed from Magpul, but was modified to work in the SS mags. CProducts then decided to use the standard Magpul followers in their SS mags. This worked for a short time until an issue came up with the SS mags that won't allow them to work. CProducts then went back to the orig. follower that worked in their SS mags. This is why it is possible to buy CProducts SS mags from one source (and they have Magpul followers) and buy from another source and they have non marked followers.

C4

R. James
03-19-07, 19:10
...an issue came up with the SS mags that won't allow them to work.

What issue was this?

NickB
03-19-07, 20:06
Call 1.877.4MAGPUL tomorow during business hours (9am - 5pm Mountain Time). I have a very superficial understanding of this issue, but am not comfortable enough to comment. Ask to speak to Eric (unless Drake aka 7KOPPER sees this tonight). He will answer any question you have.

USMC03
03-19-07, 20:58
3 pages of discussion to include pics (a couple of me having mag related malfunctions during a match):

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=4042

I just received my replacement stainless steel mags with gray (non-Magpul) follower and loaded up 5 out of the 10.

2 of the 5 mags that I loaded, the spring felt "mushy" as I was loading the mags.

Loaded the mags with 27 rounds each. The 2 mags that had mushy springs, I turned upside down (as I could see there wasn't enough spring tension on the rounds inside the mags) started shaking the mags a little and rounds started droping out of the mags.

I'll be returning all 10 tomarrow, and requesting a FULL REFUND. I gave C Products the benefit of the doubt instead of getting my money refunded the first time. I will NEVER purchase a piece of C Product gear again, because of my experience I have ZERO confidence in their product line.

Semper Fi
Jeff

C4IGrant
03-20-07, 08:03
What issue was this? My unit had problems with the C Product made followers while the genuine magpul followers have been 100%.

I think there were two issue. The internal welds had burrs on them and the mags were too tight causing the followers to bind.

C4

R. James
03-20-07, 12:24
Call 1.877.4MAGPUL tomorow during business hours (9am - 5pm Mountain Time). I have a very superficial understanding of this issue, but am not comfortable enough to comment. Ask to speak to Eric (unless Drake aka 7KOPPER sees this tonight). He will answer any question you have.

I think there were two issue. The internal welds had burrs on them and the mags were too tight causing the followers to bind.

C4

Thank you both for the info.