PDA

View Full Version : question about the etiquette of training questions

mattjmcd
12-29-09, 19:01
The thread title is clear as mud, I am sure. I have a question that I would like to address to mods and all comers-

...is there an established "rules of the road" for asking questions about training classes and instructors who may or may not be found here on M4C? I have questions about several tier2 instructors and I do not wish to have any potential dirty laundry aired if that is not something that the admin here wants to avoid.

Business_Casual
12-29-09, 21:20
No Prior restraint... Go ahead and post, and then if it goes off track you can watch the fireworks.

With any luck, there will be a question about a company in Tennessee.

M_P

mattjmcd
12-29-09, 21:40
No Prior restraint... Go ahead and post, and then if it goes off track you can watch the fireworks.

M_P

I ain't touching that with a ten foot pole.

John_Wayne777
12-29-09, 22:14
The thread title is clear as mud, I am sure. I have a question that I would like to address to mods and all comers-

...is there an established "rules of the road" for asking questions about training classes and instructors who may or may not be found here on M4C? I have questions about several tier2 instructors and I do not wish to have any potential dirty laundry aired if that is not something that the admin here wants to avoid.

If you have a question about people's experiences or knowledge about a particular company you're more than welcome to ask. I think among the M4C membership we have at least somebody who has trained with everybody in the business.

I don't know what a "tier 2 instructor" is, though.

mattjmcd
12-29-09, 22:16
If you have a question about people's experiences or knowledge about a particular company you're more than welcome to ask. I think among the M4C membership we have at least somebody who has trained with everybody in the business.

I don't know what a "tier 2 instructor" is, though.

Not anything like official nomenclature- just my term for somebody who may or may not be a) very well-known, or b) very HSLD compared to some of the training options known here at M4C.

HD1911
12-30-09, 03:51

M_P

What are you talking about? Sorry, had to ask.

tracker722
12-30-09, 09:32

Rider79
12-30-09, 09:36
They're referring to Tactical Response and it's many, um, "issues".

That's right, I opened that can of worms.

ST911
12-30-09, 11:20
Search here, LF, and other forums for threads starting with AAR (After Action Report). They are incredibly informative threads, both for information on the instructor, technique, and class management, as well as student and equipment performance. The less known instructors don't generate as many, but there may be some.

Not an admin, but I think you'd be fine posting a request for any info that appears genuine and professional, and let others respond.

HD1911
12-30-09, 11:46
Search here, LF, and other forums for threads starting with AAR (After Action Report). They are incredibly informative threads, both for information on the instructor, technique, and class management, as well as student and equipment performance. The less known instructors don't generate as many, but there may be some.

Not an admin, but I think you'd be fine posting a request for any info that appears genuine and professional, and let others respond.

thanks, yeah i appreciate the insight. I would like to know about someone's organization that i should potentially avoid.