PDA

View Full Version : Just built my first AR...buyer's remorse!

hamster-in-a-wheel
12-29-09, 19:25
First Post, first build, first AR15. :)
I used an American Tactical lower receiver that i picked up during the great Barracknophobia crisis earlier this year,
a DSA ZM4 (nitrided carbine) upper receiver group,
a Daniel Degense BCG and A1.5 rear sight,
a Mod1 CAR15 stock/buffer/receiver extension and charging handle,
and a DPMS LPK.
I bought the DPMS kit because it was available locally and Daniel Defense was not. I immediately regretted that decision. In all fairness, the trigger seems lighter and crisper than the M16s I used in the Army, but I'm concerned about parts breakage. I don't plan to be a particularly high-volume shooter, but I value reliability above all else. Are my concerns about the LPK grounded?
Are there any other areas I should be concerned about?
Thanks,
Nat

ZeroDistortionNow
12-29-09, 20:37
While many members here may not favor the DPMS LPK, it is still a LPK that works. It gets the job done from what I have seen at local ranges and quality control is fair as far as their products go. I say shoot it till you feel an upgrade is necessary or until money comes your way, then go out and buy what you think you would be comfortable with.

cgcorrea
12-29-09, 21:05
what brand would you guys say makes the most reliable LPK? I got an Armalite LPK for my AR. I'm liking it so far.

ra2bach
12-29-09, 22:47
I would shoot it till you can afford a decent spare. then swap it out and keep it as the spare...

znztivguy
01-01-10, 03:56
so many manufacturers now.....