PDA

View Full Version : Positive experiences with Life Insurance brokerages????

SHIVAN
12-30-09, 21:23
I need to get a term life policy, has anyone had glowingly positive experiences with one brokerage or another from either a current buyer, or recent (10 years) beneficiary?

If so, please let me know. I don't need to know the amounts, types or anything else. Just if you are happy with your experience and the pricing, or the way a death was handled via the insurer.

Thanks.

chadbag
12-30-09, 22:24
I don't have a personal experience with them but since I trust Dave Ramsey, when I need to get a new policy in a year I will be going through Zander insurance, which is who Ramsey plugs.

12-30-09, 22:34
Don't touch a brokerage with a ten foot pole. Are you eligible for USAA? If so, the search is over. Very pleased with terms, coverage, and cost. Otherwise, try Amica and then MetLife. USAA #1 in rankings and Amica generally #2. Isn't Ramsey paid by, and part owner of, Zander through Zampo?

MC988
12-30-09, 22:41
+1 on USAA, great company.

JackOSU
12-31-09, 00:05
As mentioned before say away from a brokerage. They are crooks and will often times not explain to you all the fine details that CAN be in a life policy. If you have your personal insurance with a reputable company like USAA, State Farm etc you need to sit down with your agent and discuss things. Make sure if you buy a term policy from no matter what company the rate is guaranteed for the whole term. Make sure that the policy has a guaranteed convertability option until the last day of that said term.

Some companies will give you a rate on say a 20 year term policy, but the rate is only guaranteed for the first 10 years and you're like WTF when the rate goes up. With the convertability option it's very important b/c what if say during year 19 month 11 you are diagnosed with terminal cancer? There is no way you'll ever be able to buy insurance again. Now this may or may not be important to you, but if you want to leave your familiy something you will need to have a company who's term policy is guaranteed to let you convert to a permanent policy up to the last day of that term without underwriting requirements at their standard rating.

Now this is important b/c even though you may be 20 years older from the time you got that 20 year policy and it's really going to be more expensive for that say 6 months or until whenever it is you die you'll know that the death benefit your familiy will receive tax free will be worth it versus the short term burden of cost. Sometimes this situation is hard to talk about and I've had to sit through a few times where it's a balling fest with the family b/c they know the other is dying and there is nothing that can be done so the very point of planning their death sometimes doesn't settle well with some. I can't blame them. It would be pretty tough sitting in someones office talking about this b/c you're dying in 4-6 months.

Note however during this convertability you cannot increase the death benefit amount so number one is determining your actual need for life insurance. The best way to do this is following the below acronym for LIFE. Once you have the amount you and your spouse each need it's a matter of determining how much you can afford in your budget and buying as much as you can possilby afford. It's also very important to review your finances with your agent. If he's worth a grain of salt he should be able to help you find additional funds to help pay for this policy.

I love it when clients of mine come in with a $5 cup of Starbucks, but say they have no money to help protect their family and want to pass on paying $30/month for a basic term policy. I do not allow them to walk about without setting them straight with the facts. Hey I may lose one or two out of thousands I talk to about this b/c they get offended by me calling them out on it, but I'd rather do that and have all of the others walk out of my office better protected than saying, "oh that's okay well just keep that in mind" etc. How am I going to feel if they get into a car accident and pass away and their familiy comes to us asking if they had a life policy and we have to tell them no all b/c I was too chicken shit to call them out as they sip their $5 cup of coffee.

L- Loans: school, vehicle (for most this is revolving debt with a car loan), mortgage balance, cc debt, etc.

I- Income replacement: This is often the most over looked area. Most are advised to only get enough coverage to pay off all debt and put one in a pine box and be done with it. This is not doing the client justice. Your spouse and family will need time. This figure is that time. The best rule of thumb in order to more properly replace the income you have made for your family in order to help them sustain the same lifestyle they were accustome to. This is different for each family, but generally I suggest 5 times one's salary to buy time short term. If one is looking to possibly be able to use said funds in the death benefit they receive and invest it a certain way so that the principal will never be touched and they can earn their spouses former income solely by interest then you may need anywhere from 7-12 times their income depending on how much they brough home NET wise. Again you are buying time for grieving with this figure. It is often the highest figure/category for determining how much coveage you need.

F- Funeral/Final Expenses: The average cost for a decent funeral in my area is 10-12k. This include all burial and plot costs etc. Now just remember that this figure like all figures can change dramatically with inflation. Most suggest that the actual cost of things will double in 12 years on average. So plan accordingly so you don't end up in just a pine box.

E- Education: This is primarily geared for your children of any family member. Some also view it as the gifting section if one wants to leave monies to a foundation or their church etc.

Please note that some of what I have gone over is only one small piece of the pie of my discussion with a potential or current client and is not the end all be all. There are many things I would ask and talk about, but there's no way I could type it all out here so I guess this is my disclaimer in a sense, but just make sure you're dealing with a solid person you trust and again stay away from a brokerage if at all possible. I've even heard horrible stories from someone's financial advisor giving them bad information b/c they dont' understand the policy they are selling for as amazing as that sounds. Make sure the company you buy from has no less than an A rating in the industry. Their financial strength is very important. Stay away from companies that invest their funds used to pay off death claims in risky investments or the market in any way.

Most importantly when it comes to life insurance stay away from Dave Ramsey. His philosophy is to buy term and invest the rest if you will. He does not believe in permanent life insurance, but I've had countless clients come in who've lost everything to most of their "never money" in the market whether small or large cap to whatever was the latest and greatest thing at the time that made up their portfolio with the invest the rest action/mentaility.

I can then show you clients who've been steered away from that and gone with a permanent policy and are waaaayy ahead of the game. Their policies are so well off it's rediculous. One good book I higly recommend when looking at some very very basic knowledge is a book called "Missed Fortune". If you truly are interested in how a permanent life policy "could" help you some what in your life with your finances etc you will be amazed at the powerful information in this book. That isn't to say that this mode is for everyone to know or even implement but if one has the ability to follow this advice for how they view money etc it's a great start. Then if you're ready to take it to the next level check out the book "Becoming Your Own Banker" by Nelson. Sorry I know I've rambled on quite a bit here, but good luck with your hunting and make sure not to buy on a whim and do some research first! The most important thing is that you understand that you need the coverage and that's the hardest hurdle to get over sometimes.

Gramps
12-31-09, 00:10
Don't know yet. Haven't died yet! :D

Shame on me. No one in my family has gone with one yet so I don't know.

A-Bear680
12-31-09, 07:23

Another vote for USAA. They recently expanded their market to include everyone with documented honorable US military service.

SHIVAN
12-31-09, 08:28
I do not qualify for USAA. My employer's default life coverage is through Metlife.

State Farm has a clause that allows for a variable premium over the life of the term, which I do not like.

I looked at Prudential, Acacia, State Farm and Metlife so far. I'd rather not use Metlife, only because if something happened they would be paying one policy already, and I would rather not complicate it with a second through them.

Left Sig
12-31-09, 10:01
I already went through this earlier this year.

Avoid any insurance company that also does P&C (Property & Casualty, i.e. car, home, etc.) - stick with one that specializes in life insurance. You will get an agent that knows the product better because of the specialization. Also avoid companies that are stock based - stick with mutual companies.

Go with one of the top mutual life insurance companies in terms of their financial position and dividend rates. That usually means Northwestern Mutual, Guardian, Mass Mutual, and a couple others.

My wife and I went with Northwestern Mutual. Since we are relatively young, we bought term-to-80 (80 years old) policies with guaranteed conversion for the first 20 years. The rates are not level, but scheduled to increase slightly each year. This is not as bad as other people might lead you to believe for a variety of reasons, and offers several benefits.

The whole Dave Ramsey thing is funny. I like the guy, listen to him occasionally and find some of his advice is pretty good. But some of it is just bad too. Mostly, the calls I've heard are from people with stupid high credit card balances and big loan payments on cars they don't need. In those cases, eliminating the credit card debt is the first priority. He wants everyone to be debt free, but that's not the most financially sound decision in many cases. When I hear him tell people NOT to invest for retirement until all of their debts are paid off I cringe. Sure, don't invest money at a 5-10% return if you're paying 27% on credit cards. My wife and I carry grad school tuition debt at 2-3%. There is no reason to pay it off at that rate, since the long term return from retirement investments exceeds that and we are money ahead if we invest.

Buying term and investing the rest is actually not a bad idea, except most people never actually invest the rest. And the few that do often invest it in such a manner that they get poor returns.

Permanent life insurance offers a modest but consistent return, that is better than or equal to other conservative income generating investments. Any balanced portfolio should have a mix of high risk/return equities along with lower risk/return investments. If you're young and have 30-40 years until retirement, you're going to be invested mostly in equities. But the older you get, the more you need to balance the portfolio away from high risk/return to more stable investments. Life insurance can be that stable investment in your portfolio just as well as money market funds, CD's, or income funds can. Income funds are usually based on insurance company debt, which is kind of ironic.

EzGoingKev
12-31-09, 11:00
I am not a member of USAA but I did work for a company that was contracted to provide a service to them and their membership. I can say that all of their members that I dealt with always spoke very highly of them. I might have even dealt with some of you here.

To them you are not a customer, you are a member. Member satisfaction is their #1 priority. They dispatched appraisers and resolved claims faster than any other insurance company I had dealings with.

kaiservontexas
12-31-09, 11:11
If you are Catholic join the KoC, they are financially doing well and a non-profit life insurance company to boot, which means lower overhead. Only advice I can give since I am a member and the only one I deal with. They also offer various packages.

JackOSU
12-31-09, 12:20
State Farm has a clause that allows for a variable premium over the life of the term, which I do not like.

Not sure where you got this information, but it's not true. Your rate is locked in for the agreed upon term.

JackOSU
12-31-09, 12:24
[QUOTE=Left Sig;529207]
Avoid any insurance company that also does P&C (Property & Casualty, i.e. car, home, etc.) - stick with one that specializes in life insurance. You will get an agent that knows the product better because of the specialization. Also avoid companies that are stock based - stick with mutual companies.
QUOTE]

This is asinine. I will grant you that there are many bad agents out there. I deal with and compete with them every day, but to label all that also happen to sell P&C as not up to snuff with someone who only sells life is just wrong. I can probably name as many "financial advisor" or pure "life insurance" agents out there that are just as bad as agents who sell all products in the insurance market. An agent who knows his shit can work anywhere. Those that sell the other products usually have serveral staff member who worry about the P&C and service work while they solely work on the financial services and big life cases solely.

Left Sig
01-01-10, 20:59
[QUOTE=Left Sig;529207]
QUOTE]

This is asinine. I will grant you that there are many bad agents out there. I deal with and compete with them every day, but to label all that also happen to sell P&C as not up to snuff with someone who only sells life is just wrong. I can probably name as many "financial advisor" or pure "life insurance" agents out there that are just as bad as agents who sell all products in the insurance market. An agent who knows his shit can work anywhere. Those that sell the other products usually have serveral staff member who worry about the P&C and service work while they solely work on the financial services and big life cases solely.

Just because you disagree with my opinion, doesn't make it asinine. My opinion is based on my experience, and was provided in response to the OP. If you disagree, fine, say so without insults.

Based on your previous post it appears you represent State Farm. I happen to be a State Farm customer for Car, Home, and Liability. But I went with Northwestern Mutual for life insurance and financial planning - a company much more highly rated than State Farm for these products.

I've had enough clueless P&C (and even dedicated life) agents trying to sell me investment and retirement products that they clearly had little experience with, and minimal ability to answer basic financial questions in the terms commonly used by financial professionals that aren't insurance agents. All they knew was the script.

Not saying that's how you are, but that's my experience and that's what I recommended.

If you do represent State Farm, you might want to think twice about how you speak to your company's customers online or in any other forum.

signal4l
01-01-10, 21:22
I have purchased 2 policies through Select Quote. Fill out the onlie application and wait for the call. I would shop around first with SF, Met Life, etc. When I did this Select Quote offered a better deal.

SHIVAN
01-01-10, 21:32
Not sure where you got this information, but it's not true. Your rate is locked in for the agreed upon term.

http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/life_annuity/life/term/term.asp

"Adjustable premiums:Term life insurance policies have adjustable premiums. This means that State Farm may raise or lower premiums at some point specified in the policy based on projected changes of investment earnings, mortality experience, persistency, and expenses. However, premiums may never be raised above the maximum premiums stated in the policy."

Would you like to temper your, "it's not true" comment?

Left Sig
01-01-10, 21:38
I have purchased 2 policies through Select Quote. Fill out the onlie application and wait for the call. I would shop around first with SF, Met Life, etc. When I did this Select Quote offered a better deal.

Remember that the best policy is not necessarily the one that costs the least, it's the one that you can be sure will be paid when the time comes. Financial condition of the insurance company is a huge consideration now given what has happened to the financial industry. You don't want your carrier going belly up and then having to settle for whatever a state-level life insurance guaranty fund might provide.

AIG writes life and almost went out of business due to horrendously bad risk management in other parts of the company. Even though the life branch was reasonably well managed the whole thing would have collapsed without the massive taxpayer funded bailout. If AIG had been allowed to fail, where would their life customers be?

If your car insurance company fails, no big deal, just find another one. Life and disability are different because they are based on your age when the policy is written.

JackOSU
01-01-10, 23:44
[QUOTE=JackOSU;529345]

Just because you disagree with my opinion, doesn't make it asinine. My opinion is based on my experience, and was provided in response to the OP. If you disagree, fine, say so without insults.

Based on your previous post it appears you represent State Farm. I happen to be a State Farm customer for Car, Home, and Liability. But I went with Northwestern Mutual for life insurance and financial planning - a company much more highly rated than State Farm for these products.

I've had enough clueless P&C (and even dedicated life) agents trying to sell me investment and retirement products that they clearly had little experience with, and minimal ability to answer basic financial questions in the terms commonly used by financial professionals that aren't insurance agents. All they knew was the script.

Not saying that's how you are, but that's my experience and that's what I recommended.

If you do represent State Farm, you might want to think twice about how you speak to your company's customers online or in any other forum.

First off let the record show that I did not "insult" you as you have described. You gave your opinion and I gave mine. I think we were agreeing somewhat to the same thing. In the end the facts are the facts. There are great and horrible agents, financial advisors and solely life agents out there. There is no one "right" answer to the OP's question, but you based on your experience painted incorrect facts with a broad brush if you will.

I do not work for State Farm and they do not pay me. I do however have quite a bit of knowledge on this, but I will not elaborate on how/why for personal/professional reasons. Even if I was a State Farm employee I think you need to calm down with getting so offended about an insult that wasn't even made in the first place. You also have to remember that this is an online forum and being a customer of a State Farm agent in a completely different state has nothing to do with the facts. You are by the way with a very solid and financially sound company for your P&C needs.

JackOSU
01-02-10, 00:02
http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/life_annuity/life/term/term.asp

"Adjustable premiums:Term life insurance policies have adjustable premiums. This means that State Farm may raise or lower premiums at some point specified in the policy based on projected changes of investment earnings, mortality experience, persistency, and expenses. However, premiums may never be raised above the maximum premiums stated in the policy."

Would you like to temper your, "it's not true" comment?

While I think you had the correct intentions the overall issued is skewed. I do not retract my "it's not true' statement because I know I'm correct. No personal attack was meant in my words just merely letting the OP know. My apologies if this came off the wrong way. This online policy statement does not mean that once you have accepted the terms of the policy and pay your premiums the company will change your rates. This is absolutely against the law and you could sue the hell out of them or any company.

The process works like this. You would sit down with said agent of this company. Once you both come to an agreement on things you apply for the policy at a certain rate and if you wish to bind coverage you will pay premiums. This by law has bound the policy to a certain extent since money has changed hands. You will then be called by an independent company who will ask you a series of preliminary questions about smoking, family medical history etc. You will then be called to schedule your medical exam performed by a third party vendor.

Once the lab has all needed info they send that to the underwriting department with in the said company for their underwriters to evaluate and issue the policy at the rate you qualify for. If this happens to be worse than what you applied for you must sign the Amendment form in person agreeing to the rate you have been qualified for per underwriting. This is part of your 14 day free look period where you can accept or decline and get a refund for all monies that exchanged hands in full. Once the policy is issued and things are wrapped up said company can NOT by law change any rates or pricing agreed upon by both parties.

The language that you have cited refers to the said company at any time being able to change rates accordingly to be profitable and maintain a very high rating level and continue to be able to pay off all policies if worse case scenario occurred, but not in the middle of the contract period. It is just like auto and homeowners insurance. Said company cannot raise your rates in the middle of your 6 month or annual renewal. They can however change the rates after the policy you agreed upon after the 6 month or yearly contract has been fullfilled. You can either agree to the proposal by paying the premiums for your new renewal or go elsewhere.

So in a nutshell once you have locked in the rate for the life policy it IS locked in for the agreed upon timeframe. Yes, once that 10 or 20 year term is over they can make the rates whatever they want to. Let's say you went in tomorrow and wanted to buy a policy. You are given a quote. You discuss things with the agent or whomever it may be. You apply for the policy. Once the underwriting is finished and you have paid the premiums they cannot change the agreed upon amount. It's clearly listed in the contract. I've read the entire thing before myself.

They however can change the rates etc up to things being finalized. Mainly it's a dislaimer on their website to inform you that rates will change just like in any industry based on mortality tables and what the acturaries have determined the best route at their corporate office for success.

JackOSU
01-02-10, 00:05
Remember that the best policy is not necessarily the one that costs the least, it's the one that you can be sure will be paid when the time comes. Financial condition of the insurance company is a huge consideration now given what has happened to the financial industry. You don't want your carrier going belly up and then having to settle for whatever a state-level life insurance guaranty fund might provide.

AIG writes life and almost went out of business due to horrendously bad risk management in other parts of the company. Even though the life branch was reasonably well managed the whole thing would have collapsed without the massive taxpayer funded bailout. If AIG had been allowed to fail, where would their life customers be?

If your car insurance company fails, no big deal, just find another one. Life and disability are different because they are based on your age when the policy is written.

This is great advice. Most folks want the best deal on price they can find. It's very sad to see those that think they are getting one policy, but are not informed of the fine print or do not think to read things before they finalize things. I have seen the ads in papers and infomercials on the radio forever stating things like " I got a man aged 40 with high blood pressure a $500k policy for 20 years a policy for $35/month". This is completely crazy. Any company that did this truly would be out of business real soon if everyone on their books died at once. The biggest thing is the rate is usually only good for 10 of a 20 year policy and there are so many death and dismemberment clauses in there you are basically screwed unless you die a certain way.

Left Sig
01-02-10, 00:53
[QUOTE=Left Sig;530639]
First off let the record show that I did not "insult" you as you have described. You gave your opinion and I gave mine.

Even if I was a State Farm employee I think you need to calm down with getting so offended about an insult that wasn't even made in the first place.

You called my reply "asinine", and most people would take that as an insult. Most people around where I live anyway. How about saying "I disagree for these reasons..."? Might get your point across better without sounding so combative. Flies and sugar instead of vinegar and all that. If you are in sales then you know that already.

I'm perfectly calm, and not nearly so offended as you imply.

Let's be honest, most insurance agents suck. The wash out rate is 80% in the first 5 years and 80% of the remaining 20% in the next five years. That means 4 in 100 agents are still in the industry after 10 years, which means 96 percent can't hack it. They leave because they can't make enough money, because they can't sell any product, because they can't develop enough customers or keep their existing customers happy. Therefore, they suck. At those percentages the odds that you will randomly find a good agent are pretty slim, and that's exactly what my experience has been.

I know this because earlier this year I was actively recruited to work for a successful insurance agency. The owner is still interested, but I don't think it's for me, because I would probably suck at it too. Enough that I should probably stick with the things that I am really good at.

I can't think of another profession that has such a high failure rate. And with all the testing and other stuff that goes into the selection process you'd think the success rate would be better. Oddly, one of the best performing financial planner / life insurance agents that I know did terrible on all the tests. But he's a good salesman and knows how to close a deal, and he knows his product.

If you are one of the good ones, more power to you, and I wish you the best of luck.

Maybe I'm a little too demanding. In my experience most real estate agents suck also.

JackOSU
01-02-10, 01:48
[QUOTE=JackOSU;530737]

You called my reply "asinine", and most people would take that as an insult. Most people around where I live anyway. How about saying "I disagree for these reasons..."? Might get your point across better without sounding so combative. Flies and sugar instead of vinegar and all that. If you are in sales then you know that already.

I'm perfectly calm, and not nearly so offended as you imply.

Let's be honest, most insurance agents suck. The wash out rate is 80% in the first 5 years and 80% of the remaining 20% in the next five years. That means 4 in 100 agents are still in the industry after 10 years, which means 96 percent can't hack it. They leave because they can't make enough money, because they can't sell any product, because they can't develop enough customers or keep their existing customers happy. Therefore, they suck. At those percentages the odds that you will randomly find a good agent are pretty slim, and that's exactly what my experience has been.

I know this because earlier this year I was actively recruited to work for a successful insurance agency. The owner is still interested, but I don't think it's for me, because I would probably suck at it too. Enough that I should probably stick with the things that I am really good at.

If you are one of the good ones, more power to you, and I wish you the best of luck.

Maybe I'm a little too demanding. In my experience most real estate agents suck also.

Fair enough.

I think the biggest reason for the wash out is a culmination of things in the industry. The first and foremost is most think selling insurance is easy. It's really not. The amount of things one must master and learn is tremendously difficult or at least if you want to be worth a grain of salt. The environment based on state legislation and corporate policies is always ever changing so one must always be on top of their game. Just for your basic person working in the office to be proficient in just P&C it usually takes about 1-1.5 years to feel comfortable selling and servicing a part of an agent's book of business. If they then move in to Life and Health add another year or so to that.

Then if they want to even become serious about maybe becoming an agent one day themselves you have to work on your LUTC, CLU, LUTCf and Series 6 securities licensing. This adds another 2-3 years itself and then the implementation of said knowledge depends on the person. So if one wants to truly be dedicated you could look at 5 years or so just working for an agent before you would even have a chance in hell at interviewing, with success mind you, with a top notch company for agency. The company mentioned before has the highest standards in the industry for becoming just a training agent. In order to even get your contract with said company you have to implement your business model as described proficiently making numbers in your market place.

Secondly most of the statistics you have mentioned are with companies that themselves aren't worth a shit. Now that's not to say that there aren't individuals with those companies that couldn't be perfect in the right environment, but those numbers are very small. That is the reason most don't hack it. Even the potentially good ones don't have the backing of the companies they work for with any support and realistically they are just another number. The pay is shitty and they leave for better or worse. In the end the stats get somewhat chalked up like you said overall in the industry, but that still doesn't mean that there aren't some really good ones out there. I personally know a few that would put any financial advisor or solely life agent to shame with their knowledge. Knowledge is only part of the battle unfortunately. Management skills of staff and running a sound business is also just as hard in the industry itself at times.

The remaining who can hack it through just the training or even getting accepted for becoming a training agent have just hit the beginning depending on their background. If you have worked for an agent with the same company that you are now an agent with you have a hands up on those that may have been in management or the business world in general, but overall it's a survial of the fitest mentality. If you truly want to be an entrepenuer at all costs you will make it happen and to me it's more about the mindset and preparation of people in general. Most think you work 20 hours a week if you're an agent and drink coffee all day and then go play golf etc. This is why most who get into the field generally remain staff memebers and don't ever become agents and truly thinks it's a cake walk and they have the coasting mentality that too many people in general these days have. It seems no one wants to have to work hard for things anymore. Agents that actually wash out or the good ones at least is very very low. Most think that if you're licensed and work for a company you're an "agent". That is not true and it's amazing how many clients think that staff members are "agents".

When you start out as an agent you can put 80 hours a week easy into the job and must be balls to the wall for the first 5 years at least if you want to insulate your book of business properly in the beginning. This gives you the ability to expand your staff and continue the process or building. In the end the rewards are exponentially great, but for the reasons of hard work and dedication. As an agent you won't know everything, but if your goal isn't to help people and not worry about making money then you're in the wrong business. Things will take care of themselves financially for you if your methods are sound and genuine. Far too many sell products in the industry just to make a buck. This is not how it should be, but the market place these days is about the bottom dollar and trying to make insurance a comodity. They want price to be the only factor for gaining business and nothing more. This is the worst way to do business. Those that buy a policy solely on the price deserve what they get when things go wrong.

If you have the opportunity to work for a successful agent and if you really want to be in the business then I would suggest maybe rethinking it. You can succeed at it if you really want to. The rewards at the end in retirement are definately high and most importantly you will have made people's lives better. The first time you are able to deliver a check to someone's family because you were able to speak to them and have their best interests in mind with a life policy and did things the right way it's actually kind of tough especially if they have kids. You will probably get choked up during the service, which should always be attended if possible for your clients that pass away. All in all it's a very rewarding career although there are also several others out there as well. Good luck if you pursue it.

signal4l
01-02-10, 21:53

Buy your policy from an A+ rated company. Not much else you can do. Not many people predicted AIG's collapse