PDA

View Full Version : Larry Vickers Carbine II class Long Island, NY

cheaptrick
07-09-06, 16:45
Former Delta Force operator Larry Vickers will host a 3 day Carbine II class in the Long Island, NY area on the 23rd-25th Oct. 2006.

Night shoot on second day.
1200 rounds of ammo recommended.
Body armor recommended.

The price is $550.00, with a one time range fee of $60, payable on the first day of the class.

http://vickerstactical.com/training/courses_Carbine.htm

Please feel free to contact me (Mark) for further information @ cheaptrick@carolina.rr.com

yrac
07-10-06, 08:56
For those who have not had the opportunity to attend one of Larry Vickers' classes, he is an outstanding instructor. He not only provides high quality instruction, but he is also extremely well versed in the development history, strengths and weaknesses of various weapon systems. He has a wealth of knowledge that makes water breaks just as informational as the actual shooting instruction. If you have the opportunity to attend this class, I would highly recommend it.

KevinB
07-10-06, 09:34
For those of us that have not taken Carbine I for him is he running that prior -- as I noticed on his site he does not give "gimme's" for waivers for requirments of Carbine I.

cheaptrick
07-10-06, 17:17
For those of us that have not taken Carbine I for him is he running that prior -- as I noticed on his site he does not give "gimme's" for waivers for requirments of Carbine I.

KevinB:
Good catch!!
Vickers Tactical's website does state that.

I was informed yesterday prior to my post that Larry would accept anyone with the proper military, LE, or quality civilian training in lieu of his Carbine I course.

I re-checked today and was informed that indeed, all applicants would be handled on a "case by case" basis.

I do apologize for any confusion.

yrac:
Thanks for the good report!

VA_Dinger
07-10-06, 21:25
I will have to second my friend Yrac's remarks. Larry's classes are truly in a league of their own. Not only does he take accuracy & weapon handling training to a new level, you will learn what weapons, optics, and accessories really work and why. Equally important is the weapon maintenance, cleaning, and lubrication instruction. Blunt and always to the point, he will make you laugh like hell. Every time I attend one of his classes I walk away smiling from ear to ear, dog-tired, and a substantially better shooter. My shooting is light years better after training with LAV a few times. I highly suggest everybody takes a class from LAV.

Larry told me a few days ago that he is damn near booked solid through November. I would jump on this class or you might end up having to wait until 2007.

KevinB
07-10-06, 22:20
I emailed Larry to check (as per yrac's recommendation)

Also confirmed that out of state vistors will not have problems with pre-ban guns etc. (NY's gay laws)