PDA

View Full Version : Which BCG for AR- BCM or DD

cschwanz
12-31-09, 13:31
Im getting ever so closer to actually getting this AR-15 ordered and then I SWEAR I'll be done posting threads with polls, haha.

On Grant's site, there is an option on BCM uppers for either a BCM or Daniel Defense BCG. Ive heard nothing but good things about the BCM but the DD looks to be new and was wondring if anyone has used one yet and how it compares to the BCM. It'll add about $9 to the upper im looking at so is it worth the extra cash or is BCM the way to go?

thanks!

Corey

P.S. The reason I put this here is just to see if there was a physical difference in the parts listed and if there was a significant difference.

justin_247
12-31-09, 15:59
Either one will serve you fine. Both companies have excellent customer service and reputation, but I'd probably go with the BCM and save that extra $9 for something else.

cschwanz
12-31-09, 16:57
that had been my process, but i wanted to see if anyone here has had a chance to use the DD and see if there were any significant differences i should know about...

mrbieler
12-31-09, 17:16
At the time I bought my BCM upper, the DD BCG's were less and I went that way. No issues to date. From my limited reference, I would simply pick the least expensive of the two and know you've picked a quality part with a good warranty.

Belmont31R
12-31-09, 17:22
BCM....I have several that have been run hard with zero issues, and BCM is a top notch company to deal with should you need to use their CS.

ForTehNguyen
12-31-09, 19:17
BCM has a laser etching of their logo on it, tacticool!

5pins
12-31-09, 23:10
IIRC the BCM is High presser tested and the DD is not.

Heavy Metal
12-31-09, 23:54
IIRC the BCM is High presser tested and the DD is not.

In that case, I would go with the DD.

A batch-tested reputable bolt from a quality vendor is good enough for me.

There is some evidence that Proof testing of bolts can reduce their lifespan.

cschwanz
01-01-10, 11:16

any links to that info. ive always thought HPT testing was thought of as a positive thing to look for...

GMZ
01-01-10, 13:37

Isnt that why they MPI them afterwards?

aflin
01-01-10, 14:53

I have always thought that myself. If the bolt it put under a incredible amount of stress to determine whether it's good to go, then its like getting a used bolt.

That's just my logic though. Nonetheless, I do view it as a good thing to have. Does anyone have any evidence??? I am curious to see...

But +1 for BCM, their BCG is top notch. I love mine!