PDA

View Full Version : MOE hand guards rail sections

Littlelebowski
12-31-09, 14:24
I could be wrong but don't the MOE handguards have the option of adding rail sections to them? If so, where I can I order them?

HeavyDuty
12-31-09, 15:15
IIRC Magpul recommends Ergo rail sections.

Go4broke
12-31-09, 17:17
Got mine from Ergogrips.net . :D

chenzzo
12-31-09, 17:53
+1 on the rail sections from Ergo. I picked up a set of the 4" ones. Worked perfectly.

Pilgrim
12-31-09, 18:18
I just went through this last night...

I ended up ordering the Falcon Industries 2" Picatinny rail, it comes with a rail cover.

I intend to put it on the MOE handguard to hold a G2 light in a Viking tactics mount.

Will let you know how it works.

I've put off putting a light on my AR for far too long.

Redhat
01-05-10, 21:54
I just went through this last night...

I ended up ordering the Falcon Industries 2" Picatinny rail, it comes with a rail cover.

I intend to put it on the MOE handguard to hold a G2 light in a Viking tactics mount.

Will let you know how it works.

I've put off putting a light on my AR for far too long.

I just ordered the same set up. Let us know how it works out.

Thanks

Redhat
01-14-10, 21:36
I received my handguards and I must say I really like them. They seem to present a lower profile than the issued M4 type plus I like the flat bottom for shooting off a bag.

I put them on and mounted a Surefire G2 on a VTAC mount at about 11 O'clock. Seems to work okay but I need more time using it to make a final judgement.

One thing I'm not sure about...I removed the handguards to inistall the rail sectiion and the inner heatshield came out...is this normal ops?

Thanks.

akxx
01-15-10, 11:14
For those of you that have the Falcon and Ergo rail sections:
are the back (non-rail) sides slightly concave, or are they flat?

Stickman
01-15-10, 11:56
For those of you that have the Falcon and Ergo rail sections:
are the back (non-rail) sides slightly concave, or are they flat?

IIRC, they are flat.