PDA

View Full Version : Interest in a SEATTLE/EVERETT/etc shoot, for all you northern foreigners?

bkb0000
12-31-09, 19:45
Getting this started- Engine, or anyone else, feel free to take over from here if you want (please), but I wanted to get it kicked off. I've personally been slacking on pushing the meets in this group, so I'm gonna make double effort from here out.

I have no idea what the Seattle area has to offer in the way of hot-range-friendly venues, so you people local to the area- let us know what's up there. Hell, I might even drive up and join, even though I generally don't cross WA lines unless its an emergency (or Bob's is having an ammo sale).

Lets-
Get a list of interested members - chime in!
Get an approximately date settled on - chime in!
Establish a good venue - chime in!

and get this northern party started

engine296
01-01-10, 16:11
Are you guys interested in a range proper, or just a place to shoot? I know a few places up this way where you can shoot. I am also friendly with the local USFS cop so I can check with him and let him know what's going to happen so they don't freak out.

bkb0000
01-01-10, 16:23
Are you guys interested in a range proper, or just a place to shoot? I know a few places up this way where you can shoot. I am also friendly with the local USFS cop so I can check with him and let him know what's going to happen so they don't freak out.

ranges are ideal, as they provide good backstop, flat, even ground, good parking and generally have good access.. but spots out in the woods, so long as they provide each of these criteria, are perfectly fine. then we don't have to worry about range rules, possible fees, and safety nazis.

google earth can be a good tool for finding spots, if a tool is needed.

engine296
01-01-10, 16:55
I prefer good spots in the woods myself. Most of the ranges around here are full of "fuds" and look down at evil black guns. Most also have a no rapid fire rule. Forget showing up with tactical gear......"what are you guys a milita or something?" Don't get me wrong I'm sure that there are good ranges out there, I just don't know where they are. What I do know of is a old gravel/ dirt pit about 5 miles from the nearest paved road. Only one problem- snow. forget about it till spring.

bkb0000
01-01-10, 18:08
some ranges will loosen, or forget entirely, their blanket safety rules for private groups on reserved ranges or sections of ranges. we'll be isolated from regular members and on our own for liability, and probably paying for the space.. no reason not to leave us alone.

readyme
01-03-10, 10:59
I am in....I am with Engine296, I like the idea of heading out the the great out of doors. I don't have a lead on anyplace in particular, but it sounds like he does.

bkb0000
01-03-10, 17:44
being totally unfamiliar with WA, i'm not going to be able to help. if you guys want to shoot in "the woods," you're probably gonna have to get pretty far out of the seattle/everett/tacoma area to do so- that's a very wide area of dense population. south toward me, or eastward into the mountains, are probably where you're gonna have to look. either way, you're probably looking at an extended drive.. so might as well just come shoot at CRPC. :)

or find a local range. i'll put in some leg work, if you guys cant get it together, but i want more committment from other WA members before i devote time to finding ranges and getting schedules and such in foreign lands unknown. there's nothing wrong with recruiting new members, also- get people from other boards, neighbors, family, friends, etc. it's funner to shoot with people you know anyway (so long as they have weapons and gear).

RyanB
01-03-10, 23:41
Let me know.

engine296
01-04-10, 15:42
Whats great about W WA is that the population density tends to run north to south along the I-5 corridor. Not so mush east or west. I live "way out in the sticks", but I'm only 45 minutes away from everett. Hell- I drive every day to Lynnwood.

What are the space requirements for an event? any other requirments? I am too new to plan an event, I don't even really know what you guys do at an event. I would love to help though.

bkb0000
01-04-10, 15:55
can we shoot in your backyard?

requirements depend on what kind of an event we're looking at. CQB is the most relevent training for civilians, since self-defense shootings are very unlikely to extend past 25m at the extreme. so a 25m range, offering a good backstop, preferably 180 degrees of backstop, with the ability to move 360 degrees, on flat, even land, is all we need for land requirements. the other basic need is target stands/backings/targets- i have billions, but i'm still not sure, depending on scheduling, if I'll be able to attend- so I'll help as much as I can from down here, but you washingtonians are gonna have to do most of the work.

target stands can be very simple or complicated.. two sheets of OSB or plywood will make 14 man-sized sil-oh-ets, and stands can be made easily from DF 2x4. i'm a carpenter, keep in mind, but i can produce a couple dozen stands/sil-oh-ets in about an hour. it's not too hard, and only costs $40 or so in materials. skill saw, hammer, and screw gun required, of course.

Titleist
01-04-10, 21:53
I'd definitely be down for something in February (too many classes I gotta take in January).

Jeff_M
01-04-10, 22:39
I may be able to get a place to shoot for a small fee. Do you guys prefer indoor (Bellevue/Issaquah) or outdoor (Ravensdale)?

What type of time frame are you thinking of, all day or an evening? Week days generally work best for me.

My schedule is pretty tight, but I will see what I can come up with and post a few options.

Thanks,
Jeff

engine296
01-05-10, 15:15
Well, my backyard is the National Forest so.... yes you can shoot in it.

But seriously. I have an idea for a spot. it meets all your requirements and is free.

bkb0000
01-05-10, 15:27
Well, my backyard is the National Forest so.... yes you can shoot in it.

But seriously. I have an idea for a spot. it meets all your requirements and is free.

do tell! coordinates would be good

USAFR
01-05-10, 17:31
I attended a class their and it was good to go for the two lines of five, it was set off a bit and not seen from the shotguns ranges, we did some VERY close range gunfighting ( pistol) its even close to Cabelas.
depending when I will try and make it up.

RobL

Fontaine
01-05-10, 23:05
I'm down for a pit training event. Eventually, the 3 hour drive to Portland gets tiring, hahaha.

I've shot a fair amount at the pit near Snoqualmie, and I've got no problem being diplomatic with other shooters. As long as you bring spray paint, strings, and a fair dose of courtesy when establishing general expectations (cold range rules, lanes of fire) it shouldn't be a big deal in the event others want to share a pit.

But ideally, if someone knows of a flatter pit that isn't quite as popular... This pit, being near Snoqualmie, is 1 hour away from Seattle via I-90, and is near popular camping/shooting areas. It is well out of the "no target shooting corridor" put in place this past year luckily.

http://www.pbase.com/image/117184663.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/117184656.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/117184667.jpg

As for a what we could actually do, busting out a copy of "green eyes black rifle" and setting up one of the standard drills would be easy enough.

Having people help tape and maybe run a shot timer (other than the one on my iPhone) would be cool too.

Jeff_M
01-06-10, 00:15
We can use the Ravensdale range (Cascade Pistol and Rifle Club) for free. It is 200 yards and we would have the range all to ourselves. There are already target stands. I can bring steel for distance shooting (100 yards+).

If you prefer indoors, then the cost will probably be around $15 to $20 per person depending on how many people come. There is an hourly fee to use the range, we will just split it amongst the people that show up.

Again, let me know.

readyme
01-06-10, 00:53
We can use the Ravensdale range (Cascade Pistol and Rifle Club) for free. It is 200 yards and we would have the range all to ourselves. There are already target stands. I can bring steel for distance shooting (100 yards+).

If you prefer indoors, then the cost will probably be around $15 to $20 per person depending on how many people come. There is an hourly fee to use the range, we will just split it amongst the people that show up.

Again, let me know.

I have been to Cascade club, and it is a very nice place. Could we use the pistol and shotgun ranges as well? If I remember right, there was a side range that had cover and looked like it was designed for shoot and move drills.

Fontaine
01-06-10, 11:16

I like this option, given that LEO train at this facility and Magpul was hosted there.

Getting cold/wet isn't that big a deal, just bring a change of clothes, haha. Living in WA, getting cold/wet is just a part of reality in my opinion.

bkb0000
01-06-10, 11:32

Again, let me know.

sounds ****in great to me.. want to set it up? outside is preferable to inside, in my opinion- but this is for you guys, so you decide.

Go4broke
01-06-10, 19:52

Again, let me know.

Hey Jeff,

I'm cool with Ravensdale or West Coast Armory's new indoor range in Factoria.

Whats you're schedule look like ?

Thanks,
Mike

engine296
01-06-10, 21:24
47°45′50″N 121°28′34″W / 47.76389°N 121.47611°W / 47.76389; -121.47611

Hows that?

Jeff_M
01-07-10, 01:03
It sounds like people are mostly interested in Cascade. We would only have access to Range B which is the 200 yard range. The only covered shooting is from the 200 yard line. If we are going to shoot distance, we can do it from the covered area. However, if we are going to train at close distance the targets need to be up at the berm.

Weekends are really hard for me due to my work schedule. Do week days work for others? If so, what about Wednesday 1/20 or Friday 1/22. We can push it off later into February if you like. Would you guys like a full day or half day?

Since this is a group meet, we can organize the training anyway you like. I can structure as much or as little of the day as you like. I have no problem with just providing the facility and letting others run the day.

Thanks,
Jeff

engine296
01-07-10, 20:38
How much will it cost?

readyme
01-07-10, 21:38
I am up for either a full or half day, whatever works for people. Is this primarily a rifle day? I only have a shotgun and pistol.... so would it still make sense for me to attend?
I personally would like as much direction and leadership as you are willing to offer up.

bkb0000
01-07-10, 22:16
I am up for either a full or half day, whatever works for people. Is this primarily a rifle day? I only have a shotgun and pistol.... so would it still make sense for me to attend?
I personally would like as much direction and leadership as you are willing to offer up.

can you get one? no time like the present- i haven't seen availability and prices like this for a good couple years.

otherwise, you're not gonna have much fun. you won't be able to join in with the shotgun, as ammo capacities and reloading methods are totally different, and you'd totally destroy the targets.

chances are good that somebody would loan you an AR, but there's not much realistic value to training on a weapon you won't be using back on the block.

Jeff_M
01-08-10, 01:34
As previously stated, the the Ravensdale range for this event would be free.

Being that this is "M4Carbine.net," my guess is that the emphasis will be on rifles. But I suppose that is up to everyone else. If you all want to spend the day shooting shotgun or handgun, then I suppose we could do that. Otherwise, see if you can borrow a AR-15.

rlgdestroyu@hotmail.com
01-10-10, 18:33
I'm in depending on the final date. I'll keep checking back.

bkb0000
01-10-10, 19:02
47°45′50″N 121°28′34″W / 47.76389°N 121.47611°W / 47.76389; -121.47611

Hows that?

looks like beautiful country.. how are the neighbors?

Fontaine
01-11-10, 13:02
As previously stated, the the Ravensdale range for this event would be free.

Being that this is "M4Carbine.net," my guess is that the emphasis will be on rifles. But I suppose that is up to everyone else. If you all want to spend the day shooting shotgun or handgun, then I suppose we could do that. Otherwise, see if you can borrow a AR-15.

This is an official vote to have the training event at Ravensdale :D

IIRC, Cascade allows members to bring as many guest as possible, but i've only gone up for distance shooting. Is there an "action bay" we can reserve?

engine296
01-14-10, 18:32
well what day are we looking at? Ravensdale sounds cool.

BKB, yes it is beautiful country. Unfortunatly most of the folks here are lib-tards. There are some that are cool though. Basicly you get three kinds of people up here. First: they live in the ****ing sticks for a reason, Stay away. Second: They enjoy the mountains and the rural lifestyle and are generaly decent folks and a pleasure to be around. Third: Rich liberals that want to feel rustic. They can't mind their own buisness and are always on the phone to the county over something or other.

252actual
01-16-10, 06:53
did anyone decide on a day? i'd love to get in on this if possible. im down with indoor or outdoor training. i was just up at that pit fontaine mentioned last week... a few feet of snow on the ground though. least i had it all to myself :)

Fontaine
01-27-10, 15:46
did anyone decide on a day? i'd love to get in on this if possible. im down with indoor or outdoor training. i was just up at that pit fontaine mentioned last week... a few feet of snow on the ground though. least i had it all to myself :)

How far was the hike, when did the roads become sedan impassable, and what gear did you use to get up there?

I'm still down for Ravensdale as the location of training.

On a offtopic note, I'm looking to get a safety check done so I can participate in the Tactical Rifle matches they have up in Custer. Looks like a new league/federation is starting there, USTACRA, aka US tactical rifle association (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak-cFVrBEgE)

bkb0000
01-29-10, 15:31
any progress being made on this? dont let it die! i know it's anti-climatic, but the shoots are well worth the headache, in the end.

this event needs leadership- let's get 1 volunteer to take the lead on this. who dat? somebody officially claim this.

Jeff_M
01-31-10, 00:49
Here is a date: Friday March 5th from 0900 to 1400 hrs at Cascade Shooting Facilities (formerly Cascade Rifle and Pistol Club)

Cost: Free

I will plan on being there and shooting no matter what. If you plan on coming please email me in addition to posting here.

Thanks,
Jeff

jmau@insightstraining.com

252actual
01-31-10, 01:47
How far was the hike, when did the roads become sedan impassable, and what gear did you use to get up there?

there was a ton of snow on the ground earlier this month but i drive a toyota 4runner so it wasnt too much of a problem. i just kicked it in to 4x4 so i didnt have to hike at all. i saw some guys in a Subaru having a hard time about a mile from the spot. i was thinking of heading up there this weekend just to check it out. if i go ill let ya know how much snow there was.

engine296
02-03-10, 20:39
Well shit. Fridays are not going to work for me. I'm taking enough time off right now while I secretly look for another job. Anyone up for north end outdoor shoot?

bkb0000
02-11-10, 02:32
Here is a date: Friday March 5th from 0900 to 1400 hrs at Cascade Shooting Facilities (formerly Cascade Rifle and Pistol Club)

Cost: Free

I will plan on being there and shooting no matter what. If you plan on coming please email me in addition to posting here.

Thanks,
Jeff

how are we looking on this, gentlemen? i'm not seeing any new activity in this thread.. Jeff, are you getting any emails of interest?

sign up, people! read the Debrief for the last CRPC PNW shoot- it was a fantastic training event, highly beneficial to all who attended. these group shoots are where it all comes out- you just cannot know where you stand until you get yourself and your skills out of their usual element and put it to the test.

i seem to recall that you're an instructor, Jeff- you probably have a good course of fire lined up, but let me know if theres anything i can do to contribute.

Fontaine
02-15-10, 12:32
how are we looking on this, gentlemen? i'm not seeing any new activity in this thread.. Jeff, are you getting any emails of interest?

Won't be able to take this day off from work unfortunately.

Jeff_M
02-15-10, 22:37
No one has contacted me yet.

If others prefer to run the training, then I am happy to just provide the facility.

I know this is on a Friday so it may not be best for those with normal work schedules. However, how often do you get to train for free on a real range, and run any drills you want? Additionally, I have no problem running the training for the day. Typically Insights courses are $175 to $200 per day and private lesson start at $100 per hour. This could end up being a great deal for those who come out.

If no one from the training group is interested, I may open up the training for some outside of M4C.

Hope you can make.

Thanks,
Jeff

Go4broke
02-16-10, 00:40
Hey Jeff,

Count me in at Cascade on March 5th. ;)

Thanks,
Mike

Keesh
02-20-10, 11:24
Jeff, I cant bring my AR as it's an SBR, but what's the chance that I can bring an AK with steel core ammo? Its not AP, just a mild steel core.

Selftest
02-22-10, 06:47
I know that it isn't Seattle/Everett, but a little ways up... Bellingham has three (that I know of) places to shoot. One is a range (Custer Gun Club) and I do not know the policy there, at all. I DO know they are hosting a Magpul Dynamic Carbine class there in April, an I DO know that the local cops train there.

There are also Two gravel pits. One in Alger, one in Acme (well, kinda). The Alger pit is at the top of a mountain, and seems to have some visitors sometimes. There is nearly 360 degreesof space, minus towards the "parking area." This range is about 80 yds. The other, near Acme, is about 80/90 yds, just off a road, and has very good berms. I've never seen it busy at all.

Just throwing this out there, of course. I would be more than willing to drive to Seattle/Everett/ukilteo/etc for a weekday shoot. Even early on the weekends would be cool. As long as I'm home by 8pm.

Jeff_M
02-24-10, 09:45
Jeff, I cant bring my AR as it's an SBR, but what's the chance that I can bring an AK with steel core ammo? Its not AP, just a mild steel core.

Running an AK would be great. The only possible issue is shooting steel with the steel core ammo. I would bring some .223. If we shoot steel, then we will make sure you get taken care off.

yyyyy
02-24-10, 16:11

I'm still down for Ravensdale as the location of training.

On a offtopic note, I'm looking to get a safety check done so I can participate in the Tactical Rifle matches they have up in Custer. Looks like a new league/federation is starting there, USTACRA, aka US tactical rifle association (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak-cFVrBEgE)

Great video!!!

Jeff_M
02-25-10, 13:53
The shoot for Friday the 3/5 is till a go. Right now there are only about 5 or so people planning to attend. If you are thinking about coming out to shoot please join us.

We can start shooting at 0900. We should meet at 0830 to set up.

We will spend a short amount of time confirming zeros and then move in to some training.

Bring food, water, and gear for any type of weather.

We will probably shoot between 200 and 400 rounds of rifle and maybe 50 or so handgun. Feel free to bring a .22 AR for drills up close.

I will email out directions to the range. So if you have not emailed me and plan on attending please do.

Thanks,
Jeff

JLSKIP
02-27-10, 10:02
Jeff, Count me in! My schedule just opened up due to lack of employment! I'm really looking to this opportunity. Thanks to Jeff for providing his time and bkb0000 for getting the ball rolling!

Jeff_M
03-01-10, 10:16
Currently there are 6 people confirmed and 7 more maybes.

Please let me know if you plan on attending. Also, if you have not received direcitons and need them, then send me an email.

Thanks,
Jeff

GlockWRX
03-04-10, 13:33
D'oh! Can't believe I missed this until today.

Jeff, I just sent an email to you.

bkb0000
03-04-10, 13:46
dont forget to take pics!!

JLSKIP
03-05-10, 23:22
Here are a few photos of the event today. I really enjoyed the experience and met a bunch of great guys. I would have taken more pictures, but I was busy shooting!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5HeXA_5Z3I/AAAAAAAAPSY/ipfE5tJiOGw/s800/DSC_6373.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5HeZJDsrqI/AAAAAAAAPSg/rZsBB6Tt5lk/s800/DSC_6375.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5HeaytNbAI/AAAAAAAAPSs/714Ye7RYCWU/s800/DSC_6378.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5Hecrh9npI/AAAAAAAAPS0/iJ3vPA1XrYM/s800/DSC_6379.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5HeerhnANI/AAAAAAAAPTA/Aks1RA8hs9I/s800/DSC_6380.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5HehnjQX-I/AAAAAAAAPTI/A3LOAlS--Kw/s800/DSC_6386.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5Hej45y4zI/AAAAAAAAPTY/8tDyiAsFpAc/s800/DSC_6389.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5HelzpjRnI/AAAAAAAAPTg/eAJbLi0VO7E/s800/DSC_6390.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5HenrT6K6I/AAAAAAAAPTs/sBOlrUlp0Hk/s800/DSC_6393.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5HeqC_KwoI/AAAAAAAAPT4/dTG2V27iHTI/s800/DSC_6397.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5HesYgg6JI/AAAAAAAAPUE/0ZuSptMKq34/s800/DSC_6399.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5HetOFvyUI/AAAAAAAAPUM/Fp8iRqKpbZY/s800/DSC_6401.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_nhPHd8sDdls/S5HevUdaD_I/AAAAAAAAPUY/AexpOFzwoTo/s800/DSC_6402.JPG

bkb0000
03-05-10, 23:27
the 10th photograph down... isn't that an issue in WA?

Go4broke
03-06-10, 01:34
Very nice pics JLSKIP...it was great to meet and shoot with you and the rest of the guys today .
Thanks again to Jeff M from InSights Training Center for organizing this training/shoot and getting us access to the Cascade range.

bkb0000
03-06-10, 01:46
What'd you guys do? let's here a rundown!

Go4broke
03-06-10, 02:30
I'm sure Jeff M will post a AAR sometime soon but a quick rundown...we shot a bunch of drills from the 7yd. and 10yd. line working on offsets at this close range.
Shooting on the move at multiple targets at a diagonal...both from the right and left sides.
We shot steel plates at I believe 100,150 and 200yds. from both prone and kneeling.
We finished the day by reconfirming our weapons zero at 50yds.

GlockWRX
03-06-10, 11:15
Go4broke covered our activities pretty well. A lot of basic drills, but given the wide range of skill levels this was appropriate.

We had some novice shooters, some with intermediate and advanced knowledge, and some experienced SWAT officers. Jeff did a great job using the drills to teach basic skills to the beginners and allow the advanced shooters to practice things they normally can't on a square range.

It also gave some of us a chance to see how our setups ran in a typical class environment. Running your kit dry in the living room or garage is no substitute for actual range time. I know I will be making some tweaks to my kit based on our time at the range.

Thanks to Jeff from Insights for the great opportunity to come and work on these skills. He was very generous with his time and I know we all appreciated it.

JLSKIP
03-06-10, 11:29
the 10th photograph down... isn't that an issue in WA?

Notice the lack of magazine in the rifle. :)

I'm sure you probably know this, but in the state of Washington, you can own and attach a silencer to your rifle. To fire the weapon with the silencer attached would be a misdemeanor.

bkb0000
03-06-10, 11:55
It also gave some of us a chance to see how our setups ran in a typical class environment. Running your kit dry in the living room or garage is no substitute for actual range time. I know I will be making some tweaks to my kit based on our time at the range.

getting out of your element induces the problems that never pop up during regular personal range time... thats half of why these events are so important. you're running drills that press you, running drills that make you manipulate and move in ways you usually don't, etc... i find a gear compatibility problem at every event, if not two or three.

last event, for instance, i discovered that i can't keep a can of chew in my pocket with the way i recently configured my pistol mag pouches... who would of thought?

bkb0000
03-06-10, 11:59
Notice the lack of magazine in the rifle. :)

I'm sure you probably know this, but in the state of Washington, you can own and attach a silencer to your rifle. To fire the weapon with the silencer attached would be a misdemeanor.

indeed... IIRC, the statute states "use of" is prohibited, and "use of" has been defined by case-law as the firing of the weapon with a suppressor attached.

i had not noticed there was no mag in the well... i just saw the pic and made an assumption!

well the oregon shoots, CRPC being close to washington, are great places to put them 'pressors to use ;)

Jeff_M
03-06-10, 14:14
It was a good day. As previously stated, we had a variety of skill and experience levels. The feedback was that everyone got something out of our time.

As is typically in most training, people got an idea of what gear actually works and what gear makes your job more difficult. Fighting the bad guy is hard enough. The purpose of equipment is to make your job easier not harder. Your tactics and skill should drive your equipment selection, not the other way around. Without a well defined set of tactics and skill it is difficult to decide what works and what does not. For new shooters, the best thing to do is start out with a rifle and a simple sling. Then start to add stuff as you gain more experience.

Safety is always paramount. Unfortunately, it is often either not emphasized or more often not properly understood. The Universal Firearms Handling Rules are exactly that, “Universal.” They are for all places all time everywhere, even a gun fight. Unfortunately, many bastardize the UFHR and change them into ineffective range rules. Handling your gun in the 360 degree real world is a new concept for some. The UFHR must be properly understood and internalized for safe and effective gun handling.

- Safety brief
- Ready positions from 5 to 10 yards
- The effect of offset at close range
- Ready positions multiple shots on the same target
- Ready positions multiple shots on multiple targets
- Off balance shooting positions
- Shooting on the move forward
- Shooting on the move diagonal left and right
- Prone, kneeling, and standing on steel at 100 yards
- Prone on steel at 150 yards
- Prone on steel at 200 yards
- Unconventional shooting positions behind barricades on steel at 100 yards
- Adjust zero and more steel shooting at distance

The purpose of the day was to run some drills to practice skills, not necessarily to be instruction on the basics of running a defensive rifle. I think we effectively met that objective, and the by product was that it was a crash course in defensive rifle for some of the newer shooters.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work.

Jeff

brausso
03-06-10, 18:13
I was one of the newbies that was in Jeff's class. He and the other experienced guys did a great job of being patient and taking the time to help us out even though this was a free class. Hopefully we didn't hold up the other guys too much.

I guess you gotta start somewhere. I learned so much and know exactly what to expect next time. It was a great group of guys and I had a ton of fun. Thanks Jeff and the other swat guys for your help.

Go4broke
03-06-10, 18:37
Hey Jeff ,
Any more info on the new rifle league starting up at WCA range ?

Jeff_M
03-07-10, 15:34
The details on the rifle league are not confirmed yet. When I have more info, I will post a new thread here. I will try and have this squared away sometime this week.

Thanks,
Jeff

Fontaine
03-11-10, 16:11
The details on the rifle league are not confirmed yet. When I have more info, I will post a new thread here. I will try and have this squared away sometime this week.

Thanks,
Jeff

Excellent.

I used to go to the Wade's rifle league every week but they got bumped from their Friday evening time slot to Sunday afternoon.

MookNW
03-13-10, 18:23
Just wanted to say what's up. I live in Seattle and would love to get to know some other people in the area to share info on shootin spots and whatnot. I'm getting a membership at Kenmore, but no rapidfire there. Not to happy with shootingsports NW. Seems like price gouging.

bkb0000
03-13-10, 19:28
Just wanted to say what's up. I live in Seattle and would love to get to know some other people in the area to share info on shootin spots and whatnot. I'm getting a membership at Kenmore, but no rapidfire there. Not to happy with shootingsports NW. Seems like price gouging.

Welcome! check in here, por favor: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40494

seanb
06-14-10, 18:18
hey i live up in the mill creek area as well and go to shooting sports NW most of the time because i'm less than 10 minutes away from it. Let me know if you find any better spots close by (Sam's gunclub in everett is not bad) and if there are any more events coming up soon, i would be very interested.

kaltesherz
07-09-10, 15:41
Wow, this looked like an awesome day... when can we do this again?!?

bkb0000
07-09-10, 16:03
Wow, this looked like an awesome day... when can we do this again?!?

we're doing one within a month, in NW oregon. know where clatskanie is?

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=702407#post702407

kaltesherz
07-09-10, 17:27
Looks like BFE North Oregon, as long as weather isn't predicted to be over 100 degrees there's a good chance I can make it.

bkb0000
07-09-10, 17:38
Looks like BFE North Oregon, as long as weather isn't predicted to be over 100 degrees there's a good chance I can make it.

its not bad for vashintonians. straight down I5, cut through longview, 20 minutes on the other side of the bridge. bob's sporting goods is literally 1 block out of the way in longview- pretty decent ammo prices, and usually stuff on sale.

course, bob's aint open on sundays, for some ****ed up retarded reason.