PDA

View Full Version : broken LMT BCG

iroc_dis
01-01-10, 07:29
I have a year old basic 16" LMT carbine that I took out shooting last weekend. It had been running fine, shot maybe 30-40 rounds through it before it started to have malfunction after malfunction. Figured maybe it had sat too long or wasn't oiled well and dismissed it.

Took it apart a couple days later and found that the damn gas key on top of the BCG is loose. Its supposed to be staked properly, it has the indentations in the metal but the staking doesn't appear to have affected the actual screws. I'm not sure how but the screws apparently worked themselves out enough where I can jiggle the gas key around.

Has anyone seen this before with LMT BCGs? I emailed the "sales" email address they have listed on their site explaining everything. Does this sound like something LMT would be able to fix without me having to shell out for a brand new BCG?

VLODPG
01-01-10, 07:41
LMT is a good company & should be able to take care of this in short order.

twodollarbill
01-01-10, 08:55
Hold tight, with the long weekend they will get back to you.
LMT is a great company.

CDDM416
01-01-10, 09:11
Like TwoBill said, its a long w/e.
They will fix you up..;)

bkb0000
01-01-10, 09:13
LMT will take care of it. mind posting a photo or two of the key?

Sone
01-01-10, 10:16
How is it broke, or is the carrier key just loose

iroc_dis
01-01-10, 16:10
How is it broke, or is the carrier key just loose

I mispoke, I guess its not technically broke as it is malfunctioning. The only problem is the key is loose from the carrier due to the staking not holding the screws in place.

I'm working all weekend on day shift, I'll try to get as good a picture of it as I can with my little point-shoot camera.

Sone
01-01-10, 20:54
thats an easy fix,

http://mayonaise1959.blogspot.com/2008/08/ar-15-gas-key-staking.html

Shotdown
01-01-10, 22:15
Same thing happened to my gas key on my LMT rifle. I sent them an email and they had me send the BCG back to them. They fixed it free of charge and had it back to me in about 1 1/2 week.

SHIVAN
01-01-10, 22:38
Rule 4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated
or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with
a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.