PDA

View Full Version : 14.5 vs 14.7

GADAWG
03-20-07, 13:52
What would be the length difference between a 14.5 w/perm. attached phantom and a 14.7 w/perm. attached A2? Pics would be great!!

bullitt5172
03-20-07, 14:06
What would be the length difference between a 14.5 w/perm. attached phantom and a 14.7 w/perm. attached A2? Pics would be great!!

From what I have seen they are nearly identical in length.

AR-15A3
03-20-07, 19:28
They're about the same length except when you mount a bayonet on the 14.7" barrel the muzzle ring of the bayonet will rest on the barrel instead of the rear of the FS with the 14.5" barrel.

GaryXD
03-20-07, 19:52
They're about the same length except when you mount a bayonet on the 14.7" barrel the muzzle ring of the bayonet will rest on the barrel instead of the rear of the FS with the 14.5" barrel.

That is my understanding also. That's why I went with the 14.5".

tikkafan
03-21-07, 00:15
Sorry to sidetrack this a bit but what are you guys doing with bayonets?

Don't get me wrong, by all means do whatever you want with your firearms. I'd much rather use a knife that try to bayonet someone with a carbine.

GaryXD
03-21-07, 06:25

Don't get me wrong, by all means do whatever you want with your firearms. I'd much rather use a knife that try to bayonet someone with a carbine.

Probably because for ten years Bill Clinton wouldn't let me have one.

AR-15A3
03-22-07, 17:35

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Alpha-Romeo3/Hunting/BayonetsIMI-USMC-Solingen-ImperialM.jpg
Top rifle is a 20" A2 and the bottom one is a mid length gas system 16" carbine

During the AWB I had only two ARs without bayonet lugs and I sold both of them and got proper ARs with bayonet lugs after the ban.

I don't like using bayonets on my carbines but sometimes it could scare the attacker away, but always have a spare combat knife or extra bayonet handy on your belt.

I like to use bayonets on my 20" rifle, it have a better reach. :D

I don't have a 14.5" carbine yet but anyone with a bayonet mounted please post a pic, that would be cool.