PDA

View Full Version : Succs. rotation.

Solo1st
01-01-10, 16:23
looking for some data for a proposal. i'd like to change out from our current 14 day rotation and go to 30. i've done it at other employers, and would like to streamline some of our paperwork / admin bs.

It is currently stored onboard a variety of vehicles, and other locations so temp stability can't be assured. We have all the other candy, just looking for some input on your rotation policy for this particular drug.

Thanks much in advance.

[I was here under Doc Solo, that acct got jacked up, and i couldn't access it so had to create this one]

NinjaMedic
01-01-10, 20:54
30 days is fine and there are a number of peer reviewed articles to support that. As long as you dont routinely spike temps over 95-100 you should be within ~ 90% of the original potency after 30 days. "A 10% loss of drug content occurred if solutions were kept at 20-26 degrees C for five months, at 35 degrees C for one month, or at 70 degrees C for one day"

Solo1st
01-03-10, 10:14
Ninjamedic, thank you. Thats what i was looking for, I'll google research articles. Do you remember what journal you got that from? That data isn't included in any of the drug inserts or other info from manufactureres that I could find.

NinjaMedic
01-04-10, 00:31
Standby ill find them at work tomorrow.

Bachelor_of_Science
01-29-10, 19:23
Do you guys use anectine exclusively or do you also use etomidate? Remember, if your patient has a psuedo-cholinesterase deficiency, it's not fun if you've got to use RSI.

Bachelor_of_Science
01-29-10, 19:25
Do you guys use anectine exclusively or do you also use etomidate? Remember, if your patient has a psuedo-cholinesterase deficiency, it's not fun for the patient, if you've got to utilize RSI.