PDA

View Full Version : M&P 15-22 trigger springs upgrade question..

jaxman7
01-03-10, 00:21
Alright well finally got my M&P 15-22 and just love the little thing. I have been shooting it alot lately b/c ammo is sooooooo much cheaper obviously. I am trying to make it mimic my AR as closely as possible as this is one of my training rifles. It has the stock trigger springs in it and my AR has the stock trigger assembly in it as well except for polishing the contact points and installing a J.P. Enterprises reduced power spring kit. Well now when I get back on the AR after being used to the 15-22 my trigger reset, double taps, etc. take a while to get reaccustomed. Does anyone have experience with or know that if I put the same or similar spring kit in my 15-22 will it give enough force to ignite the hard .22 primers. I know I know I am going to take the ones out of my AR and try it in the Smith I just haven't done it yet. I was just curious if anyone knew. Thanks guys. Oh and one other question. Anyone have any suggestions on how to weigh the 15-22 down to make it feel more like the actual weight of an AR? I have thought about taking lead shot and putting it in the storage compartment of my MIAD and FUG but can't think of anything else at the moment. Maybe putting some kind of metal sleeve over the barrel?

GLOCKMASTER
01-03-10, 08:34
Alright well finally got my M&P 15-22 and just love the little thing. I have been shooting it alot lately b/c ammo is sooooooo much cheaper obviously. I am trying to make it mimic my AR as closely as possible as this is one of my training rifles. It has the stock trigger springs in it and my AR has the stock trigger assembly in it as well except for polishing the contact points and installing a J.P. Enterprises reduced power spring kit. Well now when I get back on the AR after being used to the 15-22 my trigger reset, double taps, etc. take a while to get reaccustomed. Does anyone have experience with or know that if I put the same or similar spring kit in my 15-22 will it give enough force to ignite the hard .22 primers. I know I know I am going to take the ones out of my AR and try it in the Smith I just haven't done it yet. I was just curious if anyone knew. Thanks guys. Oh and one other question. Anyone have any suggestions on how to weigh the 15-22 down to make it feel more like the actual weight of an AR? I have thought about taking lead shot and putting it in the storage compartment of my MIAD and FUG but can't think of anything else at the moment. Maybe putting some kind of metal sleeve over the barrel?

As far as the springs go I changed my originial AR-15-22 springs to JP springs and have fired a couple of mags through it without any FTF's. Since it will just be a range and squirrel rifle I'm not worried about it becoming an issue. If it becomes a problem it's really not that hard to change back. The main reason I changed the springs is because it makes it easier for my daughter to shoot. I will say that the ONLY thing I did was change the springs.

jaxman7
01-03-10, 09:35
Well alright. Thanks for the reply then man. Do me a favor and let me know after putting more rounds downrange if any problems develop. Hey did you use the same spring kit I did. The J.P. reduced power?

GLOCKMASTER
01-03-10, 10:38
Well alright. Thanks for the reply then man. Do me a favor and let me know after putting more rounds downrange if any problems develop. Hey did you use the same spring kit I did. The J.P. reduced power?

If it is this one (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=7582/Product/AR_15_REDUCED_POWER_SPRING_KIT), then yes. I should get several hundred through it next week.

jaxman7
01-03-10, 15:16
That is the exact same one and ordered from the exact same place. I'd hate to know how much money I've dumped into Brownell's in the last three years. Not to mention DSG, Bravo Company, Midway USA, and Larue! Hopefully that kit will work for you. Thanks