PDA

View Full Version : Got a question for LEOs

millerlite
01-03-10, 13:46
When it comes to equipment and gear, does color make a difference or does it have to be black. I ask cause my brother works for a small town back home. He likes tt gear and since i live down the street from their store i wanted to get him a new vest. I was thinking of the HEV but don't know if it has to be black. I also want to try and avoid asking him because it will be a birthday prsent. Any and all help would be great and thanks in advance.

dsmguy7
01-03-10, 15:26

HighSpeedDreams
01-03-10, 15:35
We get issued navy blue Paraclete outer carriers but are allowed to buy (on our dime) our own upgrade/model should we choose. If you purchase your own, it has to be black or navy blue. I personally prefer all black. My rig is filled mostly with High Speed Gear and Maxpedition pouches.

ST911
01-03-10, 16:56
When it comes to equipment and gear, does color make a difference or does it have to be black. I ask cause my brother works for a small town back home. He likes tt gear and since i live down the street from their store i wanted to get him a new vest. I was thinking of the HEV but don't know if it has to be black. I also want to try and avoid asking him because it will be a birthday prsent. Any and all help would be great and thanks in advance.

Many agencies that authorize personally owned guns and gear require that they be consistent with the uniform appearance of agency or assignment.

Engage him in conversation about his work sometime, and listen for him to drop the name of a friendly or admired Sergeant or coworker. Reach out to them and ask your questions.

Chameleox
01-04-10, 09:17
Or, see if the store has gift certificates. I'd love to get one from TT.:)

millerlite
01-04-10, 22:13
Hey guys thanks for your input. I called him today and brought up uniforms they were and stuff. Come to find out if they buy their own gear, its gotta be black as per SOP. Went to TT and I picked him up a black HEV. They seem to be really good quality. Again, thanks for the help!:D

ST911
01-05-10, 11:02
Hey guys thanks for your input. I called him today and brought up uniforms they were and stuff. Come to find out if they buy their own gear, its gotta be black as per SOP. Went to TT and I picked him up a black HEV. They seem to be really good quality. Again, thanks for the help!:D

You're a good brother. Good on you.