PDA

View Full Version : 2 Women kidnapped from Church. (Video)

Irish
01-04-10, 12:08
I know there are several threads in which people are discussing the fact of being armed at church. I think this video and the news that accompanies it should reinforce the fact that you are not safe from criminals while attending church. Always be vigilent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MEjbBcs4ZA

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-04-10, 12:14
I was told in situations where you are being forced to go somewhere else, you should resist and run teh risk of getting shot. Usually, things don't get better when they open the trunk.

Heck, mace or a knife would have made opening the trunk interesting.

Artos
01-04-10, 12:17
I don't know if Texas has changed the CHL law but I remember you would be in violation if you carried in church when it first came out.

Irish
01-04-10, 12:20
I don't know if Texas has changed the CHL law but I remember you would be in violation if you carried in church when it first came out.

I'd rather have a violation and a ticket than be kidnapped, robbed, raped and murdered. Not that I'm advocating breaking all laws but there are some I could care less about and that would be one of them.

EDIT: I also think this is good information to show non-supportive church members who "feel" people shouldn't be armed while attending services, etc.

Artos
01-04-10, 12:31
I'd rather have a violation and a ticket than be kidnapped, robbed, raped and murdered. Not that I'm advocating breaking all laws but there are some I could care less about and that would be one of them.

EDIT: I also think this is good information to show non-supportive church members who "feel" people shouldn't be armed while attending services, etc.

I hear ya...I just need to look into it. I've never carried into church because of it but I do know TX has modified some of the carry locations over the years.

CarlosDJackal
01-04-10, 12:50
"Concealed" means CONCEALED!! ;)

These women were lucky that all this POS wanted was for them to withdraw cash. I hope they catch him.

13F3OL7
01-04-10, 13:10
My wife asked me once why I carry a gun. Maybe I should show her the video later when she gets home from work.

Mojo58
01-04-10, 13:32
I was told in situations where you are being forced to go somewhere else, you should resist and run teh risk of getting shot. Usually, things don't get better when they open the trunk.

It's about "drawing a line" in what you will allow to happen to you. It's fortunate that both these women came out of this safe but generally, that's not often the outcome when someone takes you against your will.

NinjaMedic
01-04-10, 13:45
Its leagal to carry concealed in the State of Texas inside a church unless they post effective notice under 30.06.

colt191145lover
01-04-10, 15:52
It seems a lot of pepole that attend church overlook some passages from the Bible. Most fit into the "God will protect me" and "turn the other cheek" crowd.

You have to bring up,

Luke 22:36
(King James Version)

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Now the sword or knife in those days seem to be the PDW of its time IMHO.

And another....

Luke11:21
New International Version
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe

Ive delt witha few church members before on this issue and some of these helped "ease" the issue. Its a hard subject to deal with I hope this helps.

Spiffums
01-04-10, 19:07
I talked to my pastor about carrying in church since it's legal here and he encourages me to carry. He said if anyone says anything about it to send them to him and he will handle it.

A-Bear680
01-04-10, 19:39
More ammo to help convince church leaders and the general public that guns in places of worship can save lives:

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Colorado_YWAM_and_New_Life_Shootings

ETA: The link worked fine last night but not now:
Just go to Wiki & type in Jeanne Assam.

The standard disclaimer: Wiki's not perfect but has some quality control ...yadda, yadda, blah, blah...

Quick summary: One whacko killer , 2 seperate incidents , dates , and locations . 4 victims KIA , 5 WIA . The murdering was stopped when a female church volunteer with a CCW counterattacked the murderer as he closed in on the main body of the congregation...
The page includes over 2 dozen hot links.

There is a hot link to an edited terrain walk style debreifing of the incident on georgiapackingdot.com.
Run a search for Jeanne Assam.

Business_Casual
01-04-10, 20:05
I agree 100% on concealed.

I just mentioned to my wife the reason I wasn't in "The Strangers" was because it would have been far too short if I were.

M_P

Outlander Systems
01-04-10, 20:18
I agree 100% on concealed.

I just mentioned to my wife the reason I wasn't in "The Strangers" was because it would have been far too short if I were.

M_P

Great minds think alike. I said the same thing to the Mrs. about "Vacancy".

HK51Fan
01-04-10, 20:20
You would be surprised how many churchs are asking some of their members to carry due to the shit that's goig on lately.

My church, my Father's church, and one of my buddies in Minn, all of our churchs have asked for members, a special group of ex military and leo backgrounds that have their ccl, to carry and sit spreadout throughout the church.

Regards,

Robert

davekd7ds
01-04-10, 20:24
My wife asked me once why I carry a gun. Maybe I should show her the video later when she gets home from work.

My old grandpa said to me, “Son, there comes a time in every mans life when he stops bustin’ knuckles and starts bustin’ caps and usually it’s when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin’.”
I don’t carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.
I don’t carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.
I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.
I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.
I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.
I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry. I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.
I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.
I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.
I don’t carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
Personally, I carry a gun because I’m too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin’.
Author Unknown