PDA

View Full Version : Surefire X300 mounting question

Pappabear
01-04-10, 15:39
I posted a question about running the X300 on an AR and got good advice. I mounted mine at 12:00 even though my 6940 front sight partially blocks the light. But not enough that it outweighs the conveneince of the 12:00 spot. Thanks.

The X300 comes with plastic "widgets" in the box to assist with mounting, I think. Mine mounted with no problem, is there an advanatge to using the extras that came with? I saw lock tite....plastic...

gkanga
01-04-10, 18:31
There are two locking plates, one marked U and one marked P. U is for the "universal" mount which Glocks and some other pistols use, P is the standard picatinny size, slightly wider bar than U. There is also a more permanent mount, I'm not sure what they call it or how it works, but I think it's a crossbar that bolts in so you can only remove by unscrewing something rather than the easy tabs on the regular mount; it's more secure, at least theoretically.

You should use the Loctite regardless of which mount you use, to attach the two side things to the light body.

Pappabear
01-04-10, 20:40
I pulled it out of the box, snapped it on the rail. Do I still need to glue something. I never did on pistols, are AR's different in that regard?

Thanks for the help