PDA

View Full Version : What's the rule on shipping gun parts overseas.

SW-Shooter
01-04-10, 18:11
I have an international buyer in the Philippines, wanting to purchase an A.R.M.S. #40 rear sight.

I've tried google but can't come up with anything. I don't want to be bubba's b*tch, so what's the rule?

Thanks in advance.

PS. They are an M4C member.

Nathan_Bell
01-04-10, 18:27
Try using the Dept of State and ITAR in your search criterea.

After a few read throughs of the regulations I made it a practice not to ship anything outside of the US that is designed for sticking on an AR.

chadbag
01-04-10, 22:22
I have an international buyer in the Philippines, wanting to purchase an A.R.M.S. #40 rear sight.

I've tried google but can't come up with anything. I don't want to be bubba's b*tch, so what's the rule?

Thanks in advance.

PS. They are an M4C member.

Tell them to buy from someone who is a registered arms exporter who can qualify for the 100$ wholesale exemption to needing a license. For example, Brownells. (Last I looked which was about 4 years ago it cost $1750 a year to be registered, so I am not).

Most gun parts fall under the ITAR rules which prohibit export without appropriate licenses. There are exemptions. You can get the actual ITAR rules, I believe from the state dept website, and read it for yourself. You can skip all the nuclear and laser and stuff like that...