PDA

View Full Version : back again

jsta5.56shooter
03-21-07, 18:32
i think i tried to post in the wrong place so here i am again.
im tryin to figure out who made my ar A2 upper,lilhelp??
thanx,
jsta.

davemcdonald
03-21-07, 19:43
Do you want a SWAG or are you planning on making another post?

Dave

Dport
03-21-07, 20:02
It wasn't where you posted; it's just that we need more information. Markings, barrel twist rate, etc.

Pictures help too.

jsta5.56shooter
03-21-07, 20:30
wow,sry dave, didnt mean to come across like a dumb ass,but anyway,the upper receiver has an "A" beside the rear sight on the carry handle,its a DTI upper 1-9 twist 16" a2 flash hider,wilson bbl,im just wanting to know who manufactured the receiver its self.
thanx again,
jsta.

Robb Jensen
03-22-07, 06:24
Sounds like an Anchor Harvey (http://www.anchorharvey.com/) forging. I don't know who did the finish machining, but I believe Armalite and Olympic have used AH uppers possibly others too.

jsta5.56shooter
03-22-07, 12:24
looks like a winner,that is the insignia on the upper receiver.
thanx for the help guy,

AMMOTECH
03-22-07, 20:19
Sounds like an Anchor Harvey (http://www.anchorharvey.com/) forging. I don't know who did the finish machining, but I believe Armalite and Olympic have used AH uppers possibly others too.

possibly others too.... I've got an A2 upper that came in a kit from M&A parts back in '99 that has that splintered "A". I removed the M&A bbl after about a year and had an BM 16" barrle installed in it's place. Runs good even with the no-name BCG that came in the kit..

davemcdonald
03-22-07, 22:32
No worries brother. My sense of humor has been described as dry and abrasive. I am not an expert at anything but there are some pretty savvy cats around here. My point was, as Dport explained, you will need to provide as much information as possible and a photo always helps.

Dave

jsta5.56shooter
03-26-07, 14:44
thats ok,i need all the help i can get to keep on my toes.
thanks for the info,I'm sure ill have more questions soon.