PDA

View Full Version : I'm on the news

texas12
01-05-10, 18:44
This Monday I headed down to the range on a day were the temperature didn’t even break 15 degrees. I thought I would be there by myself. After shooting for about an hour two guys showed up one was the president of the range and a news camera man. They asked if I would mind if they filmed my shooting and I didn’t have a problem with that. I did want to know what the story was about and the camera man said it he was filming for a story about stray bullets hitting houses. I thought, hell why not I’ll be on TV so I let him film even though I feared the story might turn anti-gun.
http://www.kplr11.com/news/kpl...0410,0,7673589.story

bulbvivid
01-05-10, 19:20
Is this the story? kplr11.com (http://www.kplr11.com/news/kplr-stray-fire-pevely-mo-arnold-gun-010410,0,7673589.story)

Seems like little evidence from the homeowners. Random pictures don't cut it. Though one house was certainly shot, there's no telling where the bullet came from.

Seemed like a relatively balanced story, and at least they weren't showing someone like one of the characters who show up at my local public range.

TEXAS_GLOCKER
01-05-10, 19:28
cool. wish I had a range where I could do that kind if move and shooting.

HK51Fan
01-05-10, 22:35
i would lay money down that those bullets are coming from yahoos in the woods surronding the neighborhood and not from the range. One of the biggest things anti gunners are doing is trying to shut down the ranges around them. There used to be 2-3 nice outdoor ranges around FRisco, TX and now they have all been closed down. Friso horsepark, which I know the owner, and have used the land for hunting and shooting since 01 , is now only allowed to be used for dove hunting. The freakin town used the imminent domain law and put a road right through the middle when the owen wouldn't sell. it seems that the neighborhoods around the land ( about 140acres) some of the people were complaining of noise and some potntial buyer didn't want to buy. So I think the builder went to the city of frisco and that was the easiest legal way to rectify the situation....wonderful country we live in.

R

glocktogo
01-05-10, 22:37
It always astounds me when they build a subdivision downrange from an established gun range and then complain about bullets and noise. There should be a zoning law against building new housing editions downrange from an established gun range.

On the other hand, a gun range is liable for any damages resulting from bullets escaping their range, so they have a duty to ensure shots stay inside the berms.

One of our local clubs had to hire a ballistics expert to prove a stray bullet that hit a neighbors hime came from a roadside shooter, rather than their range.

Blob
01-06-10, 00:40
Damn it! My house has been getting hit by stray bullets lately as well. Here, I have a picture of them...

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/iraq_bullet_magic.jpg

davekd7ds
01-06-10, 05:14
Build a subdivision next to a shooting range, and then whine about the consequences. Just like the idiots who build next to a pig farm and complain about the smell, or in the flight path of an airport and say it's too noisy. I'd just have to ask...Who was there first???

ETA: I used to live in St. Louis. God Bless Arizona!!!!

EzGoingKev
01-06-10, 06:53
It always astounds me when they build a subdivision downrange from an established gun range and then complain about bullets and noise. There should be a zoning law against building new housing editions downrange from an established gun range.

It is not just gun ranges.

People move in next to race tracks, stadiums, business and complain about the noise or whatever. Then they recruit all their neighbors and take them to court.

Yuppies moved into some new building near the Old North Church in Boston and sued them to stop ringing the church bells. The Old North Church is one of the oldest buildings in Boston and is where they hung the lanterns as signals during Paul Revere's ride.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-06-10, 09:08
This Monday I headed down to the range on a day were the temperature didn’t even break 15 degrees. I thought I would be there by myself. After shooting for about an hour two guys showed up one was the president of the range and a news camera man. They asked if I would mind if they filmed my shooting and I didn’t have a problem with that. I did want to know what the story was about and the camera man said it he was filming for a story about stray bullets hitting houses. I thought, hell why not I’ll be on TV so I let him film even though I feared the story might turn anti-gun.
http://www.kplr11.com/news/kpl...0410,0,7673589.story

Is that you all jocked up shooting the AR with the T1 scope? Looks like a fun range to shot at , and a hard one to prove all the angles.

Belonged to a club in Ohio that had to end up having people shoot basically out of a bunker slit because if down range infractions. Not fun.

In the long run it is cheaper to buy down range property than to do all teh remidal action or have to move th club. Like to see emminent domain used for that.

rjacobs
01-06-10, 09:48
I think Missouri is still working on getting the Range Preservation statute passed, but they do have the a statute about noise from gun ranges and it has been tested in a court case and the state upheld the law and did not give the complainers anything.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5370000294.HTM

This will be the second case in less than a year about gun ranges causing issue's with the surrounding community, but there is no law that protects this gun range right now. I do believe though that the burden of proof will be on the home owners.