PDA

View Full Version : New Prototype

cosmok
01-05-10, 19:35
Happy New Year everyone! This is my first one for 2010. This is the prototype for a knife I'm doing for a Marine, the final one has a few minor changes. This is a couple of firsts for me, my first tanto type grind, and first time doing serrations. Heres the specs;
10 in overall length
5 1/4 in blade
cord wrap handle (it was supposed to be temporary but he liked it and wants to keep it)
Final version will be 3/16 CPM 154

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome

Eric

Gutshot John
01-05-10, 19:58
Dude you're killing me. ;) That is bad ass (especially the handle) though I wonder if 1/4" stock might have it's virtues.

Speaking of which I've got some drawings down on that design we talked about at your shop. I kind of went in a slightly different direction with three basic designs which you're going to have to evaluate.

Thanks again to you (and especially your wife) on being such gracious hosts on such short notice.

halo2304
01-06-10, 22:45
That looks fricken' awesome! I kinda like the idea of putting skate tape under the wrap. I think the only thing I'd change is the thickness from 3/16" to 1/4", but that's just me.

cosmok
01-07-10, 06:11
Thanks guys, 1/4 inch is definitely a possibility in the future.

John, I've still got the designs we drew up when you were here and look forward to seeing what else you've come up with, I think this project will be quite worth while when it's done.

Eric