PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal SLR 107-F hangs up in rear postion

OH58D
01-05-10, 21:24
This is my second Arsenal AK (my first being an SLR 106FR). Just received it and when cycling the action, the bolt carrier hangs up in the rear position. It seems to be catching on the hammer/trigger assembly below. I have more than a dozen AKs back to 1980s Chinese Norincos and Polytechs, but I have never had this problem before.

I haven't put any rounds through it and I wonder if I should just keep working the action to get it broke in? Holding the rifle at various angles seems to make the problem worse. Any ideas on this?

Regards,
OH58D

Jay Cunningham
01-05-10, 21:55
It happens. Should not effect anything during normal operation of the firearm.

TOrrock
01-05-10, 22:15
The bolt carrier is probably dragging on the hammer, which is not uncommon at all.

I've seen it on Chinese, Yugo, Hungarian, etc.

Should not effect function at all.

OH58D
01-05-10, 22:24
Maybe I'm just too picky on this. Trying the thing in different positions gives varying results. I have turned the rifle upside down (mag well opening up) and pull the charging handle and the carrier sticks totally in the rear postion (sort of like an AR bolt hold). The bolt carrier will not budge. I do the same thing in other positions with similar results. I wonder if I should just run a hundred rounds through it and it will work itself out?

Just for reference I pulled out several of my pre-ban AKs and a 1997 Romanian CUR 2 and no similar problems. I hope I didn't get a lemon.

OH58D

Circle_10
01-06-10, 08:48
the problem you described is more common with AKs then you think, and in fact really isn't a problem in the first place. during firing the action cycles with enough force that the bolt carrier generally won't hang up. also when cycling it manually, make sure you aren't inadvertanly riding the bolt carrier forward with your hand. just let it slam closed on it's own and you will probably find it hanging up less often. if it really won't close whack the bolt handle with the heel of your hand. either way it most likely won't happen when you actually fire it, and with use it may stop happening altogether

IrishDevil
01-06-10, 09:15
This is common, as others have already said. I've got 2 AK's that do this, never had any problems in actual operation. It seems to clear up some as the round count gets higher.