PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed - Looking to help out Local Vets in my Spare Time.

dcmdon
01-05-10, 22:15
Hi all,

I'm currently unemployed with plenty of time on my hands. I'm blessed because I'm 41 and have lived the last 15 years of my life well below my means and now that I'm unemployed I want to do something positive with that time.

Its not a big deal, my wife has a good job and our expenses are very low. (I've stopped buying guns)

So now its time for me to give back. I'm doing some volunteer work locally and its fine. But I REALLY want to do something to try to help local vets.

I live in CT if that helps. I will do pretty much anything. I'll drive guys to their appts at the VA or make phone calls, whatever.

The VA has been no help. I also emailed and called the Wounded Warrior Project and never received a reply.

If anyone has any info on some groups that I should check out, please let me know.

Thanks,

Don

13F3OL7
01-05-10, 22:23
Check with your local VFW post. They would be happy to have you volunteer to help veterans.

chg380
01-05-10, 22:28
Thank you for helping others.

Erk1015
01-06-10, 09:25
check with the closest va hospital, the one near me has a volunteering section on the website. It's definitely a good way to help some vets. Thanks for what you're doing.

SeriousStudent
01-06-10, 18:15
Bless you for your efforts!

One of your nearby churches may also have an opportunity as well.

tailrotor
01-06-10, 19:19
Have you tried the Connecticut Department of Veteran' Affairs?
http://www.ct.gov/ctva/cwp/view.asp?a=2022&q=291120
Thanks for helping.

telecustom
01-06-10, 19:32
Email my dad: britt_small173rd@yahoo.com

He has lots of connections on the East coast and should b ble to hook you up with the right people,

Hi all,

I'm currently unemployed with plenty of time on my hands. I'm blessed because I'm 41 and have lived the last 15 years of my life well below my means and now that I'm unemployed I want to do something positive with that time.

Its not a big deal, my wife has a good job and our expenses are very low. (I've stopped buying guns)

So now its time for me to give back. I'm doing some volunteer work locally and its fine. But I REALLY want to do something to try to help local vets.

I live in CT if that helps. I will do pretty much anything. I'll drive guys to their appts at the VA or make phone calls, whatever.

The VA has been no help. I also emailed and called the Wounded Warrior Project and never received a reply.

If anyone has any info on some groups that I should check out, please let me know.

Thanks,

Don