PDA

View Full Version : Missing pieces in lower parts kit

TheDude
01-05-10, 23:01
I stand fully ready to accept criticism, ridicule and possible corporal punishment for what follows.

I bought a DPMS lower parts kit to put into a Spikes Tactical Lower receiver, for a fun gun and also to refresh my memory from armorer's school. As I start chugging along, I start to notice that not all the pieces were present in my "complete" lower parts kit. Three parts to be exact. No, magazine release button, no selector spring, and, no front pivot pit! What the F?!

It must be like friggin rompa room over at the DPMS factory. I know they are not know for quality guns, nor would I trust my life to one, but I had heard that the lower parts kits were good to go, at least for a fun gun.

I know I should have gotten the Kit from Grant, but I didnt think he had any in stock till I checked today. Anyways, I ordered the LPK from Brownells and they are sending me the missing parts at no cost.

Just curious to see if anybody has had similar experiences? Please share, or feel free to comment.

blade_68
01-06-10, 03:03
I've heard that around for awile missing parts one of the ones I had was missing something don't remenber what parts but I keep a large spare # of parts on hand. about 3 or more of each. and good # are NOS. having had some for about 17-20 years.
I don't normaly use all of the LPKs parts I've bought.

larry0071
01-06-10, 08:08
It must be hit-or miss. I had gotten 2 blister packaged DPMS lower parts kits and both were complete. I purchased mine maybe 3 months back. That would suck, but I suggest starting with a call to DPMS to let tem know what is missing and see if they will kindly send out the parts that are missing.

freakshow10mm
01-06-10, 10:21
Pretty sure I have those parts in stock if you want me to send them out. PM me your details and I'll get them out today.

TheDude
01-06-10, 12:22
Thank you Freakshow. I contacted Brownells since I bought the kit from them and they are sending me the missing pieces at no charge.

geminidglocker
01-06-10, 12:29
HAHA, you said Rompa Room!:D
I counter with Picture Page.