PDA

View Full Version : My wife was in an especially good mood so I got a hummer on New Years eve! PICS!

jaydoc1
01-06-10, 11:46
http://jaydoc1.smugmug.com/Other/SmugShots/-/758829117_pvDjS-L.jpg

http://jaydoc1.smugmug.com/Other/SmugShots/-/758829141_Afmik-O.jpg

http://jaydoc1.smugmug.com/Other/SmugShots/-/758829416_zFxpg-O.jpg

I know, that's a tired old joke with the subject heading. :p

2001 34,500 miles and in nearly new condition.

Just had the 36,000 mile service done today since it had only been driven 100 miles in the last year and basically had just been sitting. Glad I don't have to do that service again for a long time. OUCH!

Now if I can just get up the nerve to actually pull the thing into the garage I'll be golden.

C'mon hunting season!

woodandsteel
01-06-10, 12:15
For a minute there, I was afraid to click on this thread.:eek:

That is one nice looking Hummer.

What could one expect to pay for one of those, if I may ask? Not that I could get one anyway. It wouldn't fit in my garage, much less my driveway.

Macx
01-06-10, 12:37
that thing could be my garage. Congrats. Good color choice.

geminidglocker
01-06-10, 12:38
AWESOME!!!;)

SHIVAN
01-06-10, 12:40
Glad it wasn't an H2 or H3. :D

Bantee
01-06-10, 12:40
That's a gorgeous rig, congrats on the purchase and the very cool wife!:D

Mark71
01-06-10, 12:44

Yeah he bought a real one :cool:

WGG
01-06-10, 12:59

+1 The H2 is just a Tahoe\Yukon on steroids. The H1 is the real deal.

:D

larry0071
01-06-10, 13:01
Let me count the ways that I hate you....

I have dreamed of owning a H-1 for years. I realize that in my tax bracket it could never happen... but damn you.... do you have to shove it in my face!

Seriously, nice! Congrats and enjoy it. I am sure you will enjoy driving that massive machine!

Chief1942
01-06-10, 13:04
I hope the areas you hunt in have very wide roads and trails. Either that or you're going to need to carry a chainsaw;). Really don't appreciate just how big those things are until you try to manuever one in tight quarters. Looks to be in great shape as one might expect due to most Hummer owners never using them for the purpose which they were really designed . Now if some hippie in a Prius will just slam on the brakes in front of you:D

jaydoc1
01-06-10, 15:14
That is one nice looking Hummer.

What could one expect to pay for one of those, if I may ask? Not that I could get one anyway. It wouldn't fit in my garage, much less my driveway.

Thanks. I think so too!

As far as what you could expect to pay for one similar to mine, it would be around $50K. Fortunately I paid no where near that amount. It was a one owner H1 that belonged to a retired Colorado Rockies player (Walt Weiss if you're interested). He bought the truck new in 2001 at a local Hummer dealership and apparently only drove it around town. There is zero sign it's ever been off pavement. It also has the lowest miles of any H1 (especially for an '01) I was able to find searching online. I just got the call from the Hummer dealership it's getting the 36K service at and they were a little disappointed they couldn't find anything to fix on it. Big relief for me. It truly is like a brand new truck.

So anyway, Walt got tired of driving it around Denver and an Infiniti dealership took it on consignment. It's been sitting on their lot for months. It had a service in '08 and the reported miles then were only 100 less than when I picked it up so he barely drove it since then. He wanted to dump it, it was 8 p.m. on New Years Eve, the planets were aligned with motivated sellers (Walt and the dealership) and a marginally interested buyer (I'll never use 1/10 of the off-road capabilities of this thing) who was willing to, and did, leave the dealership following the test drive because I just wasn't going to pay that much for the truck. They let me get about fifteen minutes away then called me back up and said I had a deal.

I figure if after a year I'm not using it like I want to that I'll sell it for at least what I paid and maybe more.

That's a gorgeous rig, congrats on the purchase and the very cool wife!:D

Thanks again. Yes my wife is the coolest. It was dark driving home from Denver when we bought it and from waaaaay over on her side of the truck after we'd been driving about 30 minutes she suddenly says, "I need a machine gun" and made me call her Iceman the rest of the trip. The when we got home we had to watch a couple episodes of Generation Kill so she could compare their Humvee to the H1.

Plus she's blonde, good-looking, and loves to shoot. I still haven't figured out how I got so lucky with her. She likes our old SKS rifle better than my ARs so she's not totally perfect. :D

Nope, it was an H1 or nothing.

BTW SHIVAN, I have to blame this purchase on M4C based on this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=25571&page=40 Specifically post 781 and 787.

I wasn't even considering an H1 until that post. I was looking for a Grand Cherokee or something similar. Sure you could blame it on 99HMC4 for posting those pics, but it's only because of M4C that I saw them so I figure you guys should foot like 25% of the bill. Sound fair?

I hope the areas you hunt in have very wide roads and trails. Either that or you're going to need to carry a chainsaw;). Really don't appreciate just how big those things are until you try to manuever one in tight quarters.
Now if some hippie in a Prius will just slam on the brakes in front of you:D

Tell me about it! Driving one home, at night, in New Years Eve traffic on the highway for 2 hours had a steep learning curve. Not to mention the right-handed blind spot the size of Kansas! Lane changes are a whole new experience now.

I've already gotten some good glares from Prius owners. I thought about getting vanity plates reading GOGREEN but figured I'd end up with the truck getting keyed or my tires slashed or something. :D

ThirdWatcher
01-06-10, 15:49
...I've already gotten some good glares from Prius owners.

Damn, now I want one!!! :D That thing is beautiful.

CarlosDJackal
01-06-10, 16:05
I thought "Hummer" was a euphemism for something else. :p

BSHNT2015
01-06-10, 16:12
Hey Arnold has 3 of those parked in Sacramento and Beverly Hills.;)

Icculus
01-06-10, 17:46
I thought about getting vanity plates reading GOGREEN

If I saw that I would probably run off the road and wreck from laughing too hard. :D Unfortunately you are absolutely right--I would give it 6 months before it got keyed.

Beautiful truck

jaydoc1
01-06-10, 19:03
I thought "Hummer" some a euphemism for something else. :p

Psst...That's why the title's funny. At least in my mind anyway. :p

nfranco
01-06-10, 20:17
Bumper sticker recommendation.
http://nfranco.smugmug.com/Military/klr-stuff/thinkfaststore/759136584_yzFkX-M.gif

bradb55
01-06-10, 20:52
Very nice!

I like the color and that issome good milage for that year vehicle. I've always love the hard tops like that. There are a couple close to yours running around my local area.

Enjoy it man

orionz06
01-06-10, 21:17
So how long did it take you to load it up with firearms?

d90king
01-06-10, 21:22
Nice truck! Watch cars parked on the side of the road in neighborhoods, they are closer than they appear.;)

ZGXtreme
01-06-10, 21:32
Congrats on the truck, appears to be in great shape.

Bulldog1967
01-06-10, 21:46
Nice.

Needs a mount for the MK19! ;)

KS Trekker
01-06-10, 21:59
From one Hummer owner to another, congrats on the H1 purchase! Now you've got to get it off road to really appreciate it. Come join us on the Club Hummer Offroad forum (http://www.clubhummeroffroad.com/), we would love to share your adventures. :D

jaydoc1
01-06-10, 22:26
From one Hummer owner to another, congrats on the H1 purchase! Now you've got to get it off road to really appreciate it. Come join us on the Club Hummer Offroad forum (http://www.clubhummeroffroad.com/), we would love to share your adventures. :D

Thanks for the link. I've been looking for a good Hummer forum but all the ones I've found have been of pretty poor quality and without much activity. Club Hummer looks like a good one.

Looks like you're from my old stomping grounds. I lived in Overland Park for 10 years.

So how long did it take you to load it up with firearms?[/QUOTEI]

I had it at the range the next day. Spent more time talking about the truck than I did shooting I think.

[QUOTE=d90king;534756]Nice truck! Watch cars parked on the side of the road in neighborhoods, they are closer than they appear.;)

You know I noticed that!

Nice.

Needs a mount for the MK19! ;)

I've already measured it for the turret mount but sadly I'm only going to be able to mount a .50 bolt gun up there. Not quite the same effect.

madisonsfinest
01-06-10, 23:48
Check this out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_1z8JSE63A

RudyN
01-07-10, 15:39
If I had the money, I would have bought a Hummer when my pickup died a couple of years ago. You guys are making me jealous. :D

d90king
01-07-10, 15:53
You know I noticed that!

Yeah, I learned the hard way about 10 years ago. I took out 5 cars...:eek: I was a big D90 dealer and decided some H1's would be a nice compliment to the 90's, so I had just bought a wagon and figured I would take it out for a spin... OOOps 5 minutes later...:eek:

tinman44
01-07-10, 18:38
I'm jealous. I actually wanted one of these for my first car. In 95 they would auction them off near Fort Gillem in Forest Park Ga. I remember cussing arnold for saying something outloud cuz after that they went from auction at or around 13k to at least double and triple easy. Then they were produced for public at a tune of 80k? then 100k the following year? CURSE YOU ARNOLD.

jaydoc1
01-07-10, 23:12
Yeah, I learned the hard way about 10 years ago. I took out 5 cars...:eek: I was a big D90 dealer and decided some H1's would be a nice compliment to the 90's, so I had just bought a wagon and figured I would take it out for a spin... OOOps 5 minutes later...:eek:

I found myself getting a little too comfortable too early with this thing and as I looked over to say something to my wife I noticed the cars on the side of the road whizzing by at an uncomfortably close distance. Yeah I could see scraping the sheet metal off a bunch of cars before you had time to realize you'd hit them.

cschwanz
01-08-10, 10:24
^^super jealous^^

nice hummer and a heck of wife you have!

SHIVAN
01-08-10, 10:40
I wasn't even considering an H1 until that post. I was looking for a Grand Cherokee or something similar. Sure you could blame it on 99HMC4 for posting those pics, but it's only because of M4C that I saw them so I figure you guys should foot like 25% of the bill. Sound fair?

25% usage rights? :D

R/Tdrvr
01-08-10, 16:38
I've already gotten some good glares from Prius owners. I thought about getting vanity plates reading GOGREEN but figured I'd end up with the truck getting keyed or my tires slashed or something. :D

Don't they know that you could just run over them and it would be no worse than a speed bump?:D