PDA

View Full Version : Remington MSR

VooDoo6Actual
01-06-10, 12:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofu_oRV8PrE

Bantee
01-06-10, 12:10
very cool system! Thanks for posting it. I'm not sure about the onboard allen wrench that's needed to make adjustments though. I'd lose it, but I lose everything!:D

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-06-10, 12:45
very cool system! Thanks for posting it. I'm not sure about the onboard allen wrench that's needed to make adjustments though. I'd lose it, but I lose everything!:D

I guess that is just to lock in the changes, you could leave them loose? You'd think they'd havea some kind ofpush button/captured pin to make it tool less.

Me likey. Doesn't look cheap though, and not compatible with Rem700 accessories?? That is a new action, correct?

Bantee
01-06-10, 12:51
It does appear to be a different action, and I'll bet hella expensive. I think Remington is geared up for a very profitable year, if their supply/quality is as good as their marketing.

they
01-13-10, 20:34
forget the cost of the stick... feeding that puppy will put you in the poorhouse...

Linus
01-15-10, 20:31
It's an ok idea but I can't imagine it will be a great advantage over the a 700 action. The folding stock can't be better than the AI Chassis.

rrpederson
01-15-10, 22:06
man, sweet gun, and sweet video.

tampam4
01-16-10, 02:28
I guess that is just to lock in the changes, you could leave them loose? You'd think they'd havea some kind ofpush button/captured pin to make it tool less.

Me likey. Doesn't look cheap though, and not compatible with Rem700 accessories?? That is a new action, correct?

I would have thought that all the adjustments would just move freely without tightening those screws down, hmm.

Really cool system btw, i think that rifle looks tacti-cool sexy!:D

nismo1013
01-16-10, 12:05
The stock reminds me a lot of the MP-MODSS.

http://www.mcreesprecision.net/modss_details.htm

Beautiful rifle, though. Me wants.

Linus
01-18-10, 15:33
what material is the chassis made from? I'm assuming aluminum...

Scrounger
01-20-10, 01:18
Modular is the wave of the future...hehehe. Looks neat but I like the AW's also.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-20-10, 01:33
Thread on The Hide said $10k for the MSR and something like $5k (?) for the chassis that takes the 700 action.

That MSR is pretty though.

Nevermiss
02-26-10, 13:16
I spoke with a Remington rep last weekend and he said that Remington plans to make this weapon platform available to military and law enforcement only. I was quite surpised by this. I guess I will have to spend my $$ elsewhere or get a LEO to get one for me.

thopkins22
02-26-10, 21:16
I spoke with a Remington rep last weekend and he said that Remington plans to make this weapon platform available to military and law enforcement only. I was quite surpised by this. I guess I will have to spend my $$ elsewhere or get a LEO to get one for me.

Do you pay attention to the rest of the Remington lineup? The 700P and 870P are only supposed to be available for police and military, but civilians don't have any trouble buying them without the assistance of police officers. I doubt this nor the non select fire Remington ACR will be any different.

RyanB
03-09-10, 21:37
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w246/ScottZagger/IMG_1248.jpg

This is an MSR stock for a 700 SA. I like it. If they would strap a skin over the back to hide all the adjustments I would like it more. Better than AI? Dunno yet.

To be clear, it's not mine.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-09-10, 22:02
Looks like a bench-top-o-fun! So how does the chassis work? Does it only fit Long actions, or does it take SA too? Just one size of mag?

Is your buddy uber-connected, or is there a chance we civies can get one soon? Any idea on price?

Mute
03-10-10, 19:30
Having checked one out along with an AI-AX at SHOT Show, I was kind of surprised it felt a good deal heavier than the AI. At the price some have suggested, I can't see ever buying one of these before I buy the AI.

RyanB
03-10-10, 23:45
SA and LA, my smith is well connected with Big Green so don't get your hopes up.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-14-10, 21:48
SA and LA, my smith is well connected with Big Green so don't get your hopes up.

Love to see a pic with a SA and LA in the chassis. Same mag for both???

RyanB
03-15-10, 01:22
My understanding is AICS mags for the SA and AWM mags for the long.

Eddiesketti
03-18-10, 08:55
Looks cool. I was reading about it in an article of a magazine yesterday. Tactical weapons i think. I am interested in price.