PDA

View Full Version : My New SBR

Jon G23
03-22-07, 14:26
Here is the first pic of my SBR. I have a RRA Lower and used the RRA lower kit. Next I added a Magpul Miad Grip and a Magpul CTR stock. The lower is engraved and I am waiting on my paperwork, then I will start with the upper.

I think I will go with a 10.5" and might use a Noveske bbl and I will use Larue rails and Troy sights.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w248/MNJon/GunStuff/SBR-1SML.jpg

Hope the photo worked! This is my first photo attempt here.

Jon

tiger seven
03-22-07, 14:59
Looks good!

Sounds like you've got everything planned out pretty well. Keep us posted.

I should be sending in the paperwork for my first SBR in the next 7-10 days. Hopefully I'll be posting pics of it before too long.

Derek

Jon G23
03-23-07, 15:03
I had mailed in my Form 1 on March 10th (Saturday). The check was cleared at my bank Yesterday, so........ it's only a matter of a few days now!

Woo hoo!! Pretty fast eh?

nationwide
03-23-07, 18:22
Sweet!

I have a hankerin for a CTR stock at the moment. I think my next build will be SPR-ish (with a CTR and MIAD). Can't decide though, to go mil-dot scope (like a SS 10x42) or ACOG (specifically TA-01NSN)... either way, it will be a <600 yard rifle.

SuicideHz
03-23-07, 18:44
Sorry guys, sent my paperwork on March 1. Still no stamp yet. You've got a little while to go.

I'll keep you updated.

Jon G23
03-23-07, 20:17
Sorry guys, sent my paperwork on March 1. Still no stamp yet. You've got a little while to go.

I'll keep you updated.

You maybe did a personal transfer then? Did your check clear your bank yet?

I did a Trust and the check cleared.... I'll post again when I get the paperwork back!

SuicideHz
03-23-07, 20:27
The check clearing doesn't mean much from what I've heard. They cash that baby ASAP and if anything isn't right with the paperwork or they don't want to approve you, they can and will issue you a treasury check. A cashed check isn't a guarantee of anything other than they got your paperwork.

No, I'm on my second item via a Trust. I used a USPS MO. The only "downside" I've heard to a USPS MO is not being able to tell when they cash it. But, like I stated, I have heard from more than one person that cashing is no guarantee. I did get my USPS receipt stating the package was signed for on what date...